“Thought it would be better.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 238 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
New York City, New York
“Thought it would be better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Expected more based on reviews. When we got there we waited a few minutes at the counter. When we were served I realized that the worker had been chatting with someone, and had continued to chat knowing we were standing there. I had no idea she worked there! Food is good and coffee sucked. I asked for regular and it smelled like hazelnut. Still don't know if it was or wasn't. It I had to throw it out because we have a nut allergy and can't take the chance. I also asked to leave enough room for milk, and they didn't. And they have no milk. Just crappy half and half in the plastic cups. My son did say the dolphin cookie was great, though. Maybe I'm spoiled but Starbucks is better.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Washington, DC
“Sticky Buns!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Everything at this place is a dream. I've bought delicious Danishes for guests, but our family tradition is sticky buns with pecans. These are classic and as good as any I've ever eaten. Staff is very welcoming.

Visited July 2012
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
“A must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Fantastic food, even better conversation. What a great place, the ONLY place we make sure and visit, every time we are in town.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“They Came Through!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

It was ours grandson's second birthday on 4 July weekend, and we ordered a birthday cake from the Bake Shoppe. There was an error in communication but Joyce came in and finished it after hours. I wish I could post a picture, it was great.

Easton, Pennsylvania
“first impressions are awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have never stopped in the Bake Shoppe before but we will definitely be back! My husband purchased apple fritters for my dad and he raved. He also purchased donuts. Both my husband and son are VERY picky about their donuts and they loved every bite!

Visited June 2012