“Nice weekend getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
philadelphia, pa
“Nice weekend getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed for two nights at the Brighton Suites in September. It was a nice clean suite in a great location. We were in close proximity to Rehoboth Ave, including a variety of shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

This hotel was worth the money we spent, very clean and friendly staff. Walking distance from beach, shops and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

We've stayed here 3 times in recent years, drawn by the combination of fantastic location (1 block from beach + main street) and good value (compared to other beach-side Rehoboth hotels).

It's very true that the walls are thin (and this place is popular with screaming toddlers). Also, it's gloomy and slightly musty inside (because of atrium layout), and the furnishings are tired and need updating.

On the other hand, we have found the staff very friendly and helpful, the "suite" layout is great (with microwave and fridge and sofa bed) and we have never had any of the cleanliness or service issues which others have raised here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

This is not the fanciest hotel, but it is a good location for families. The suites are a decent size. The hotel does need to be updated.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Poolesville, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

Overall Brighton Suites is a decent place for the price. It's about 2 blocks from the beach on the boardwalk. The beds were comfortable and the sheets and bathroom were clean. I would stay there again if I wanted the boardwalk access. The beach in that part is so dirty and over crowded that I would not even go down the next day. Instead we drove to Cape Henlopen Park where the beach is nice, clean and natural. When we got to our room there was still a dirty sheet on the sleep sofa. It had cereal and sand all over it. They sent some one up right away to take the dirty sheet and informed us that the clean sheets are kept in the cabinet nearby. It would have been nice to have been told that at check in and the dirty sheet should never have been left there. But I assume the people before us closed up the bed when they left and the cleaning crew did not open it back up to check. The front desk staff is functional but not the least bit nice or friendly like a lot of reviews shared. I don't know why they don't get the hint from these reviews to re-train staff to be pleasant!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
wilmington,de.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2009

as you may have read in other reviews the front desk and mgt. are not the most customer friendly folks in town. I have probably stayed in several hundred hotels and motels in my life and I can say that I can't ever remember the treatment being as rude as what I received here.
I made my reservation early in feb. 09 and requested the 4th floor and paid my deposit and was told that they would put a note that I wanted 4th floor because there would be less noise and we go to bed early due to small child rising at the crack of dawn .the day before we went there I called and they said everything was in order and I would be on 4th floor.so we got there next day and they put me on 2nd floor and when I complained assistant mgr. Lisa told me that SHE CAN DO ANYTHING THAT SHE WANTS AS FAR AS ROOM ASSIGNMENTS ARE CONCERNED. no doubt she also knew that if I didn't submit to her that I would lose hundreds of $ that I ALREADY HAD PAID THEM. so I had no choice but to take the room that I didn't want or lose my deposit plus who knows how much more they would take from my credit card and we would not have a place to stay for our only family vacation this year . so I really did not have anything I could do.most any other hotel would work with you but I can tell you that they enjoyed the fact that they beat me down because they held my vacation happiness or misery in their control. they never offered to move us but always turned the sword every morning by saying SO HOW DID YOU SLEEP. we told them that there were late night people drinking all night and yelling all night plus VERY early trucks that parked right outside our window in the morning and they said that is what happens on the 2nd floor BUT NO ONE EVER ONCE OFFERED ANY KIND OF HELP.

IT IS REALLY A SHAME BECAUSE ALMOST ALL OTHER PARTS OF OUR TRIP WERE VERY GOOD. sammy's kitchen was wonderful to us.beach was great all 5 days.made friends with several other families with kids like us.loved the shopping and all the things on the boardwalk. but I could never bring myself to deal with the front desk again so if I had a question we would ask people at restaurants or any one else to help us out.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Winchester, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

Since I stayed there for two nights with my adult son, the suite arrangement was perfect. The price was reasonable, and its location near the beach and shopping was very convenient. Although it does need some remodeling (which is going on right now), everything seemed very clean, and the housekeeping staff was pleasant and efficient. The underground parking garage can feel like a giant puzzle, but it was free. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009

Been to Brighton Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!