“We just keep coming back!!” 5 of 5 stars

Brighton Suites Hotel
34 Wilmington Ave., Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Mount Airy, MD
“We just keep coming back!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

My family has been coming here every summer for over 10 years. Just recently we added a winter trip as well. The staff treats us like family. We couldn't ask for better service. We have seen many changes over the years to the accomodations and they are continuing with their improvements over the winter. The location is perfect, just a short walk to the beach and the boardwalk. There are lots of close restaurants nearby and Sammy's diner is right outside the door. Their food is great and their service can't be beat. The hotel is perfect for a family stay, of course there are times when you can hear some noise from the people around you, but this is to be expected, afterall you aren't home you are in a hotel. If the noise ever gets to be too much, a phone call to the front desk will have someone coming up to investigate and to take care of it. We love the hotel and plan to keep coming back for years to come!!!

• Liked — The hotel staff can't be beat.
  • Disliked — The pool could be a bit bigger.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Baltimore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2008

I stayed here October 20-22. I took advantage of the midweek shopping trip special. It gave me a good price on the room, a gift card for the Tanger Outlets, a coupon book, tote bag, and "free breakfast" at Sammy's Kitchen. I received the gift card then was given a coupon to take to the outlets for them to give me the coupon book, because the coupon books take up too much room at the hotel, according to the woman at the front desk. It is a shame I never found the location to take that coupon. I found the outlet mall, but no office to redeem my coupon for the book. The free breakfast was not actually free, but a $7 coupon off your breakfast. There's no decent breakfast combo for under $7 on the menu at Sammy's. I don't blame Sammy's though as the service was top notch and the breakfast was served, hot fast, and was delicious. I recommend the french toast or the country fried steak.

The hotel itself was ok. The area to your room is kind of like an enclosed atrium. Apparently though it contains no heat and was frigid. The room was alright, but the light switches controlled all outlets, thus the tv didn't work unless I turned on the switch. The room contained 2 televisions, but only one remote. The alarm clock in the room was kind of lame. Not very loud, and seemed extremely cheap. The also didn't know how to make a bed. There was a mattress pad on top of the king size mattress, but the fitted sheet was around just the pad, not the pad and the mattress, so if you move in your sleep, the mattress pad moves, and you find yourself either with a huge crease under you or sleeping straight on the rubber topped mattress, which led to two very uncomfortable nights. I eventually slept on top of the sheets. The rooms are significantly smaller than the pictures shown, I don't know if it was just my room or what. The shower took forever to get hot and the head looked rusted and calcified. The toilet also seemed to be under pressured. And to finish it off, the maid left an envelope for a tip, which is fine. i wasn't fine with the fact that it was clearly a used envelope, as in it was sealed and then ripped open...as in licked shut by a stranger. This was not cool. I was hoping the reviews I read on here were just isolated cases, but I could, without a doubt not be shocked by someones baby finding a razor blade in the room and such horrors after finding a licked envelope left for me to use too.

• Liked — The wifi was decent, and the food at Sammy's Kitchen was good
  • Disliked — the seeming lack of care\
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
dallastown,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2008

I have to admit I was a little concerned because I read the other reviews here on Tripadvisor after I had made my reservation. After spending a long weekend at the Brighton Suites in Rehoboth Beach however, I have to report my family (wife and 2 little kids) had a great time. The staff at the desk were friendly and helpful and housekeeping did a fine job with the room . As some other reviews noted the place is old and certainly does need some work done i.e carpeting, tile and fixtures in bathrooms ect. but it is kept clean. There is a nice little pool and sun deck on the 3rd floor and free video rentals at the main desk. The location is great,within walking distance to the beach, DogfishHead and eveything downtown. All things considered I would not hesitate to take my family there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — weathered facilities
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

On Sept. 19, 2008 in the evening we went to Brighton Suites to check in. We had reservations. We parked in lobby level parking garage handicap spot. BJ checked us in and told us we had to move car to basement level lot because they had vans coming in the baseball teams and they needed all the spots for their vans. She stated all cars would be told to park in the basement. I stated I had a handicap placard and she reiterated they needed all the spots on that floor because their vans would not fit in the basement spots. I walked out to calm down. I came back in and talked to Rose and her explained that BJ did not put that right and they needed that bigger spot for a conversion van if one came in. She said she needed a bigger spot if someone was in a wheel chair. (which I am not in) We moved our car but the handicap spots are so tight in the basement I wasn't able to open my door completely and with my handicap this made it difficult to squeeze out. After dinner I checked the lobby lot and there were several cars in lobby lot. I thought to myself that BJ said they needed all the spots for the big baseball team vans. I told Rose I did not want to stay there the 2 nights I had reserved and she told us that if she could sell our room we would not have to pay for the second night. It did get sold so we were let out of our 2nd night. Spoke to Lisa (manager) next day and told her the above story and she had me fill out a complaint form against BJ and gave me a box of salt water taffy for my trouble. The next day the lobby lot was still filled with cars and not vans.

The hotel was very dirty. The room was very small for a person with a disability. The room was as far away from the elevator as it could get and I was forced to walk that distance or use the staircase next to the room. All the tiny bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, ect. were half empty. Everything was falling apart.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Discriminated against me having a handicap so able bodied baseball players (large group) could have parking,
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Staunton, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

Brighton Suites is our home away from home. The staff (Lisa and Rose) are very friendly and always helpful. We have been staying at Brighton Suites for the last 6 yrs and they suprise us everytime with their service and accommodations. Great place and great value!!

• Liked — Value and staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
central pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

Hadn't been to Rehoboth Beach in almost 20 years so we weren't very familiar with what the area had to offer as far as lodging. Went online, looked at a bunch of different hotels, rates, amenities and so on......settled on the Brighton. We wanted to stay somewhere that was close enough to the beach to walk to and also not kill our wallets at the same time.

We enjoyed the roof deck very much and the fact that they were willing to accomodate afamily of six on one suite. We also very much liked the fact that they provided beach chairs, towels and umbrellas at no extra cost to their guests. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

We had no problem getting extra towels for our room, husband liked the coffee maker with free coffee for mornings and we also liked the mini fridge to keep our granddaughter's milk in.

The only snag we ran into was we traveled in two different vehicles and son had to park his truck down in the residential district which we don't consider the hotel's fault. We should've checked before we came down.

Overall, hotel was very quiet and clean. I would not hesitate to recommend it to someone else traveling that way.

• Liked — convenience of location
  • Disliked — no smoking
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Ft Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Working in the hotel industry I have become familiar with typical wear and tear issus...however how this property meets inspection policy is beyond me. Upon arrival we encountered a "plesant"-ha desk clerk, my husband assured me to blow it off that this was not the southern hospitality i am used to and serve, so i did. We enter out room and it the decor is in much need of a taking to, yet not a big deal. The bathroom LIGHT was BURNED out, immedietly it was repaired, however i guess the housekeeper was cleaning in the dark because there was HAIR in our tub. I then went to start a movie for our 19mo old in the found food crumbs on the table, I asked my husband to be sure he did not give the baby a snack, but it must have been a snack from a past guest...agian gross but i can clean off a table and a tub. Later that evening the AC vent was closed in the bedroom when my husband went to open the vent the VENT FELL OUT of the wall nearly missing his head. Again we called and it was repaired, it was then brought to the hotels attention all the "minor" issues, MOLD on wall, HOLE in wall, vent, HAIR in tub and food CRUMBS. The next day was my final straw, while getting ready for the day my 19mo hold comes walking in the bathroom handing me a RAZOR BLADE!!!! she had found in the room. I do not know exactly where in the room but I can assure it was not mine...and i dont mean a shving razor but a BOX CUTTING RAZOR! I was almost in tears...I was shaking and informed the Assistant General Manager immedietly when i handed to her I let her know it was not a good time to talk about it because i was LIVID and I would rather not cause a scene. The next day at check out she did credit our bill 100.00 dollars not much seeing how i paid almost 300 a night. And what topped it all off, I requested for the GM to come out and he would not, then it was implied that i brought the RAZOR BLADE! I was not apologized to by any of the staff and only felt an annoyance from the AGM! I WOULD NOT ENCOURAGE ANYONE TO STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!! The only things good about it was the DVD player and LEAVING!!!!

• Liked — Location...LEAVING
  • Disliked — Cleaniness
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Brighton Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!