“Great Customer Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Customer Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I think the room you get for the money here is pretty similar to other suite hotels in Rehoboth -- the bathrooms have probably been updated a little more recently than the bedroom/living room and look a little more modern, but everything's clean, comfortable, and in working order. And the location -- next door to Sammy's and a few blocks from the beach -- is terrific. But the reason I go back is because the staff -- from the cleaning people to the front desk -- are always so nice to us and our small kids. This past weekend they earned my long-time loyalty by finding my son's beloved stuffed animal (which must have fallen out of our bag as we left our room) and calling my cell phone before we left town so that we could go back and get it. When we arrived to pick him up, Big Puppy was sitting at the front desk helping his new friends greet guests.

Thanks, Brighton Suites!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I had an enjoyable stay at Brighton for a few days for my job. I agree with most of the reviews, very outdated room though the bathroom was all redone and very nice! Nice amenities, unfortunately work was being done on the pool and fitness room, but, they looked okay! The pool is technically indoors so, can be used whenever. The location is great! Staff was super friendly and nice.

Room Tip: Higher the better! Stick with the even numbers for oceanside rooms!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I stayed at this hotel about 6 years ago. At that time it was ok, not super nice, but ok.

I just stayed there again recently and it was not ok. This hotel is beyond run down at this point. It is apparent that the owners have done absolutely nothing to update it or to fix broken furniture etc. in addition, it was dirty and smelled of mold. Even the heat vents had giant dust formations on them. The beds were not comfortable and the walls paper thin. The atrium in the main part of the hotel was horrible with no heat, stained floors, dead plants and just a general feeling of grunginess.

The ONLY plus I would give this hotel is that the front desk staff was friendly and nice. Other than that, take your money elsewhere. Trust me, even an extra $50 a night is well worth it.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Delaware City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here in the off season when rates are significantly lower. The hotel is what we call "beach shabby" which for us means it's perfectly nice, and clean and well used. It's not a criticism but shorthand for." You're a block from the beach, in a family oriented hotel. Allowances must be made."

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and attentive. The package included discounts at the dinner next store for breakfast which we enjoyed very much.

The room was ready for us and was very comfortable and included everything we needed for a lovely weekend.

It's one block from Rehoboth Ave and couple of blocks from the beach. Check out Go Fish! or Semra's Mediterranean Grill for dinner. Dogfish Head has good food and serves their own great beer but it's hard to get a table even in the off season.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great location, nice rooms, love the free parking and rooftop deck! Free DVD rental was a nice perk too. My fellow traveler left some clothes in a drawer and they called and were even kind enough to mail the clothes to her. Great choice for Rehoboth!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I like to start my reviews by saying I'm a picky traveler, so you know my reference point. I am happiest in high-end Marriott and Hyatt properties. Stayed here for a nearby baseball tournament, and I would not stay again. The good things are that parking is free, you are only 1-1/2 blocks away from the beach and a block from the main road through town with all the shopping/food. The staff was very nice, and housekeeping did a great job. My room was as clean as it could be for what they had to work with. Problem was that the hotel is very tired. It desperately needs an update. The bathroom had been updated and was clean, but the rest of the room was a 70's throwback. Furniture, curtains, linens were very old. Pillows were pretty gross. I actually wrapped ours in towels so we didn't have to lay on them. The carpet was full of stains, and lighting was terrible. Chairs were very stained, as well. We couldn't open the sliding glass door to let in some air, and we couldn't see out of it because it was all fogged (or dirty?) between the glass. I know that most beach hotels aren't super luxurious. People pay crazy prices just to stay near the beach, so hotels really don't have to upgrade much as long as they have location to offer. The hallways reminded me of a dormitory. I don't like giving bad reviews. But I just can't recommend this hotel to other travelers. Unless you aren't very picky. If all you are looking for is a clean bathroom and good location, you'll be quite happy, I suppose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is staffed with very friendly people. It has free garage parking and the suites have two rooms, each with a flat screen TV. We enjoyed our stay here in spite of the thundering herd of youngsters running through the hallways until 10 PM or so. The rooms were clean and the hotel is perfectly positioned for walks around the city or on the nearby oceanfront boardwalk and to the many good restaurants. We would be happy to stay here again if we revisit Rehoboth Beach!

Room Tip: If you stay on the second floor you can easily walk up and down to your room without waiting endless...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Brighton Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!