“Great value with midweek specials.” 3 of 5 stars

Brighton Suites Hotel
34 Wilmington Ave., Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Center Valley, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great value with midweek specials.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We've stayed here several times over the years, particularly because it's a good value. The hotel is downtown and a short walk to the beach and all town attractions. The rooms are all suites with convenient fridge, microwave, and dry sink. There is a small enclosed pool with a nice observation deck on a top floor. The service is friendly, too. I recommend Brighton, especially to families. :-)

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I like Brighton Suites. It's not the biggest, or the most stylish, or even the cheapest hotel in Rehoboth Beach. However, it's comfortable, within walking distance of the Boardwalk, and the folks who run it really try to meet our needs. It has free onsite parking, a pool, a deck, and good availability when we need it.

There are numerous hotels in this town, and many choices. This place has one of the best combinations of practical travel accommodations, clean and large rooms, and an easy and relaxed experience.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Southeastern,Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I needed an overnight getaway to the beach just for myself to go and veg after some very stressful family events. Being the off season, I was able to get a very affordable room at the Brighton Suites. The front desk couldn't have been more friendly or accommodating. Trying to make the most of my time, I arrived early and stopped at the hotel only to ask where to park as it was around 10 am. I had no intention of asking for an early check in at that time. When I told the woman (Lisa, I think) at the desk that I was checking in later, she checked her books and allowed me to check in early anyway. After a quick trip up to my room, I headed for the beach. After a couple of hours the sun was beating on me because I had forgotten and umbrella and I was hungry. I stopped back at the hotel and was telling Lisa about how hot the sun was for April and she replied, oh, do you need an umbrella? We have umbrella's. How about a chair? After that, it seemed someone was always there to offer me anything I needed, from dinner suggestions, to recommendations for their free dvd rentals, to a bike to go riding the boardwalk. When I entioned that a lock was broken on my door, they sent someone right up to fix it. When I couldn't get the remotes to work, the evening manager was right there to help me. The room was a 2 room suite with a small living room with a TV, refrigerator and sink and a separate bedroom, great for a small family in the summer and more than enough for a single traveler like me. It was very clean and nice. The only reason I didn't give this hotel 3 stars is that the furniture is a bit worn and needs updating. Also, there were no bedside outlets in the bedroom so if you wanted to use your phone for an alarm or have your computer plugged in while working on it in bed it wasn't going to happen. Also there was a radio alarm clock on the table but not plugged in due to no outlets. strange. Overall, a delightful hotel and I would stay again.

Room Tip: I had a quiet corner room on the 2 floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Recently stayed for 2 days. Positives--location, decent king size bed, newly updated bathroom (although small), nice clean beach lobby to check-in. Negatives--furnishings are older, sliding door did not work initially, but gentleman fixed very quickly as well as replaced a lightbulb in the bathroom very quickly. The pull out sofa bed in the first room is HORRIBLE. the mattress just isnt a mattress, it is old and uncomfortable, even for a child let alone an adult to sleep on. This must be replaced. There was no clicker for the TV in the main bedroom, had asked to fix and did not. Overall the stay was fine, and we lived through some of the mishaps. Its not a bad place to stay, however in summer the rates really are high for season, especially with no breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very bad experience with this hotel. My wife and I stayed for one night in February 2013. They gave us a room on the top floor. The following morning, they had scheduled for the roof to be de-iced. At 7:00 a.m., we were woken to loud banging, which did not stop. I called the front desk and the woman who answered was kind of snotty when I asked why they were banging. "Well they have to de-ice the roof," she said in tone as if I had asked an obvious question. It was so loud and irritating that we finally had to check out much earlier than we had planned. When we mentioned the problem to the front desk on the way out, the woman was this time a little more apologetic. The appropriate thing to do would have been to offer to discount our rate, given that the hotel had accepted our reservation knowing full well that there would be construction work above us early in the morning. Of course, they did not. Obviously, we will not be going back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Very much enjoyed my stay at this lovely little hotel in Rehoboth Beach. Our room was very reasonably priced, and very comfortable. We had a bedroom with two double beds, which could be closed from the rest of the "suite" with its own door. Very convenient when I wanted to get some sleep and my daughter wanted to continue working on her computer. There were two separate televisions, one in the bedroom, one in the living area, each with its own DVD. The living area was spacious, with a work desk, a separate table and wing chairs, and a couch that could be made up into another bed. The bathroom was large, comfortable and there were plenty of towels, more than I'm used to seeing in a standard double room. The living area held a small sink, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There was an in-room safe, but it was tiny, and not really useful for us. Staff informed me they are gradually replacing the old ones with the kind of electronic safes that are becoming standard, and in which you can safely leave your laptop.

There is 24 hour front desk service, even in the off season. They told us the heated indoor pool was available but we were only staying overnight and didn't have time to check it out.

The staff were all helpful, friendly and courteous.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boston MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great location, very clean, great front desk personnel, free parking. Rooms are nice size and comfortable albeit in need of updating. Bathroom updated. Here off season and rate is great!! I would not recommend Sammy's Kitchen next door. Pretty mundane, service awkward.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Brighton Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!