“Comfortable and Accomodating” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Southeastern,Pa
“Comfortable and Accomodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I needed an overnight getaway to the beach just for myself to go and veg after some very stressful family events. Being the off season, I was able to get a very affordable room at the Brighton Suites. The front desk couldn't have been more friendly or accommodating. Trying to make the most of my time, I arrived early and stopped at the hotel only to ask where to park as it was around 10 am. I had no intention of asking for an early check in at that time. When I told the woman (Lisa, I think) at the desk that I was checking in later, she checked her books and allowed me to check in early anyway. After a quick trip up to my room, I headed for the beach. After a couple of hours the sun was beating on me because I had forgotten and umbrella and I was hungry. I stopped back at the hotel and was telling Lisa about how hot the sun was for April and she replied, oh, do you need an umbrella? We have umbrella's. How about a chair? After that, it seemed someone was always there to offer me anything I needed, from dinner suggestions, to recommendations for their free dvd rentals, to a bike to go riding the boardwalk. When I entioned that a lock was broken on my door, they sent someone right up to fix it. When I couldn't get the remotes to work, the evening manager was right there to help me. The room was a 2 room suite with a small living room with a TV, refrigerator and sink and a separate bedroom, great for a small family in the summer and more than enough for a single traveler like me. It was very clean and nice. The only reason I didn't give this hotel 3 stars is that the furniture is a bit worn and needs updating. Also, there were no bedside outlets in the bedroom so if you wanted to use your phone for an alarm or have your computer plugged in while working on it in bed it wasn't going to happen. Also there was a radio alarm clock on the table but not plugged in due to no outlets. strange. Overall, a delightful hotel and I would stay again.

Room Tip: I had a quiet corner room on the 2 floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Recently stayed for 2 days. Positives--location, decent king size bed, newly updated bathroom (although small), nice clean beach lobby to check-in. Negatives--furnishings are older, sliding door did not work initially, but gentleman fixed very quickly as well as replaced a lightbulb in the bathroom very quickly. The pull out sofa bed in the first room is HORRIBLE. the mattress just isnt a mattress, it is old and uncomfortable, even for a child let alone an adult to sleep on. This must be replaced. There was no clicker for the TV in the main bedroom, had asked to fix and did not. Overall the stay was fine, and we lived through some of the mishaps. Its not a bad place to stay, however in summer the rates really are high for season, especially with no breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Gaithersburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very bad experience with this hotel. My wife and I stayed for one night in February 2013. They gave us a room on the top floor. The following morning, they had scheduled for the roof to be de-iced. At 7:00 a.m., we were woken to loud banging, which did not stop. I called the front desk and the woman who answered was kind of snotty when I asked why they were banging. "Well they have to de-ice the roof," she said in tone as if I had asked an obvious question. It was so loud and irritating that we finally had to check out much earlier than we had planned. When we mentioned the problem to the front desk on the way out, the woman was this time a little more apologetic. The appropriate thing to do would have been to offer to discount our rate, given that the hotel had accepted our reservation knowing full well that there would be construction work above us early in the morning. Of course, they did not. Obviously, we will not be going back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Very much enjoyed my stay at this lovely little hotel in Rehoboth Beach. Our room was very reasonably priced, and very comfortable. We had a bedroom with two double beds, which could be closed from the rest of the "suite" with its own door. Very convenient when I wanted to get some sleep and my daughter wanted to continue working on her computer. There were two separate televisions, one in the bedroom, one in the living area, each with its own DVD. The living area was spacious, with a work desk, a separate table and wing chairs, and a couch that could be made up into another bed. The bathroom was large, comfortable and there were plenty of towels, more than I'm used to seeing in a standard double room. The living area held a small sink, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. There was an in-room safe, but it was tiny, and not really useful for us. Staff informed me they are gradually replacing the old ones with the kind of electronic safes that are becoming standard, and in which you can safely leave your laptop.

There is 24 hour front desk service, even in the off season. They told us the heated indoor pool was available but we were only staying overnight and didn't have time to check it out.

The staff were all helpful, friendly and courteous.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boston MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great location, very clean, great front desk personnel, free parking. Rooms are nice size and comfortable albeit in need of updating. Bathroom updated. Here off season and rate is great!! I would not recommend Sammy's Kitchen next door. Pretty mundane, service awkward.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Just what the doctor ordered on a snowy President's Day weekend. Brighton Suites has spacious rooms and a helpful staff. The hotel is not a chain so if you are into cookie cutter hotels, this is not the place for you. We had a heater malfunction, but the crack staff moved us to a similar suite and gave us two boxes of Dolly's salt water taffy. Great customer service! The highlight though was the heated indoor pool. The temp was like a hot tub ( their heating bill must be insane)! Did I mention the location is two blocks from the Boardwalk? All in all I highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here four times in three years, all in the off-season. The staff is VERY friendly, and willing to help in any way. I am "electronically challenged" and couldn't make the DVD player in our room talk to the very nice flat screen TV, and a staff member offered to come up and showed us how to do it. It is very clean, and the bathrooms are newly re-done very tastefully. We are bicyclists, and this is a bike friendly hotel, with bike-racks, and a security system, and room in the rooms to bring your bicycle to the room. Bikes are easily maneuverable through the corridors, and in the elevator. The package we got included breakfast, at "Sammy's Kitchen" which has healthy, fresh fare, even in the off-season, which January is... We parked our car in the garage, and didn't move it once over the weekend, everything being walking distance from the hotel. We rode our bikes to O.C. and back without getting on any busy roads but Ocean Hwy, which has a great cyclist lane.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Brighton Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!