“Very Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Columbia, Maryland
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We go go Rehoboth Beach at least three times a year and generally stay at the Avenue Inn, which we love. Because we booked late, the only place near the beach was the Brighton Suites. That being said, we heard good things about Brighton and thought it might be a good alternative to AI. Not so much.
The place was just a bit above dirty. There were so many issues..
1. a broken ice machine, on rails with the "guts" open that was right across from our room. We saw it every time we entered and left.
2. a big noisy fan with the cord going across the floor that we had to be sure we didn't trip over every time we came to or from our room.
3. an empty bucket that looked like it was used for mopping that did not move from its spot for the three days we were there.
4. the entrance to the pool and fitness area with broken equipment, dirty mops and generally dirty appearance was disgusting (and that's the nicest thing I can think of.)
5. the world's slowest elevator with a torn, dirty carpet
6. the garage was very dark and spooky. I was afraid to go to our car by myself.
7. the only amenities were the coffee and tea, unlike the AI which serves breakfast or gives a voucher for a local restaurant
8. there was no business center for printing or checking email for those of us who choose to travel without our own electronics.
9. the tv sets were very outdated and I couldn't get some of the channels I watch clearly (TNT and others)
10. the overall appearance of the hotel with the worn and (seemingly) dirty carpets, the very outdated furniture and worst of all the dirty fake flowers. A good paint job would help also.

The best thing I can say is that the staff was very pleasant and tried to be as helpful as possible. I think they probably get a lot of complaints, but they do everything they can to make the experience there as good as possible, given the conditions of the hotel.

This hotel could be a gem in Rehoboth. The location is great (we didn't move our car for the whole time we were there.) I hope the owners view this email as constructive and work to improve the physical plant so that it could be a good alternative to the Avenue Inn or the Bellmoor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I just got back from my vacation and can say I am very pleased. The hotel is in a great location, very close to the beach and it was clean. Those were my main concerns. I read the reviews prior to booking and can say I did not experience any of the negative issues other people complained about. Staff was extremely accommodating. They actually went above and beyond what I expected. The garage is a little tight and there is only one elevator which makes check out a little harder when everybody is heading out at the same time, but that was really no big deal. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Also, breakfast at the attached restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Staying with a baseball team and had no choice but to stay here. It's a good thing or I wouldn't have. The hallways are like dorm rooms in a pretend outside tropical place. Weird. Also, beware the 5 day cancellation notification to any part of your reservation from the START date of your reservation. I wanted to cancel the last night of our reservation since I didn't need it, and even though it was more than 5 days before that date - it wasn't from the first date of my reservation. So I had to eat the last night and let them re-rent the room. That's low budget. But, really, thats fitting since so is the hotel.

Don't let the pictures on the website or here fool you. It's not even as nice as those (from the 70s?). Staff is very nice and helpful though. They made it bearable. Our room had a dank, musty smell and they went out of their way to help as best they could. In the end, my room smelled though. The place has the feel like its trying to be a resort and no one has the heart to tell them it's just a glorified motel. From what I hear though, its better than many alternatives though. For almost $300 a night, they've got balls.

• Stayed July 2012
Telford, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We have stayed at the Brighton Suites many times. WE go as a family and the rooms are just big enough. The pullout was comfortable, the room was clean. It rained one day and we were able to get a movie at the front desk.(the selection was pretty good, too). We like the complimentary Beach towels. They have beach chairs, which are small, and umbrellas, too.
Unfortunately the front desk service is inconsistent at best. Some days they put out fresh iced tea and cookies, in the afternoon, but not at a certain time, or even every day. this place is not cheap, but it is convenient and good for a beach stay. They have updated the bathrooms, but not much else.

Room Tip: Ask for the free DVD at the front desk if you need a movie. Higher floors are more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Off the main drag but within an easy walk - you do have to cross 1 main road. Rooms are not enormous but are manageable for a family of 5 (two adults & 3 kids). VIdeos can be checked out at main desk, very close to a decent breakfast joint. There used to be a convenient store at the corner but it's gone now - you have to walk over to the main strip. Staff always helpful. Laundry machines work fine. Not too expensive. Pool is always warm! We watched fireworks from the roof last summer, really enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
middletown, de
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Enjoyed our stay while in Rehoboth. The hotel is close to all the attractions. The rooms are big enough for a family of four. The fridge and the microwave were great to have. The management and desk clerks are very helpful. I always go bak andstay there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bear
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family has stayed at Brighton Suites for several years and has always had an enjoyable stay. The prices are reasonable, especially if you are able to utilize one of the package deals you can find on Brighton Suites’ web site. With many of the deals, including a cheaper rate, you will receive beach chairs, towels and an umbrella, so you don’t have to use the space in your vehicle to bring those items. The staff is friendly and polite, as well as knowledgeable regarding local activities for adults and children.

The Suites include a good size living room and bedroom, comfortable for a family of four to six, depending upon your kids’ ages and if they can sleep in the same bed or fold-out couch together. There is a small kitchenette area with plenty of space for food items and a fridge, without a freezer. From time to time we have had a problem with one of the two DVD players, one in each room, or not having enough towels. However, when asked the staff provides prompt service, without any hassle to address whatever the issue has been.

Also, your are approximately 1 ½ blocks from the beach, which isn’t bad if you have a beach caddy to carry your chairs, umbrella, beach toys, etc…to and from the beach. Lastly, if other area restaurants are too busy and you don’t want to wait, you can take the family to Sammy’s Restaurant, where children eat free and the menu and food are full of American Cuisine that even my very picky son can choose from without complaint.

Room Tip: If you have young children and they like to go to the pool ask to stay on the third floor where it...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Brighton Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!