We go go Rehoboth Beach at least three times a year and generally stay at the Avenue Inn, which we love. Because we booked late, the only place near the beach was the Brighton Suites. That being said, we heard good things about Brighton and thought it might be a good alternative to AI. Not so much.
The place was just a bit above dirty. There were so many issues..
1. a broken ice machine, on rails with the "guts" open that was right across from our room. We saw it every time we entered and left.
2. a big noisy fan with the cord going across the floor that we had to be sure we didn't trip over every time we came to or from our room.
3. an empty bucket that looked like it was used for mopping that did not move from its spot for the three days we were there.
4. the entrance to the pool and fitness area with broken equipment, dirty mops and generally dirty appearance was disgusting (and that's the nicest thing I can think of.)
5. the world's slowest elevator with a torn, dirty carpet
6. the garage was very dark and spooky. I was afraid to go to our car by myself.
7. the only amenities were the coffee and tea, unlike the AI which serves breakfast or gives a voucher for a local restaurant
8. there was no business center for printing or checking email for those of us who choose to travel without our own electronics.
9. the tv sets were very outdated and I couldn't get some of the channels I watch clearly (TNT and others)
10. the overall appearance of the hotel with the worn and (seemingly) dirty carpets, the very outdated furniture and worst of all the dirty fake flowers. A good paint job would help also.
The best thing I can say is that the staff was very pleasant and tried to be as helpful as possible. I think they probably get a lot of complaints, but they do everything they can to make the experience there as good as possible, given the conditions of the hotel.
This hotel could be a gem in Rehoboth. The location is great (we didn't move our car for the whole time we were there.) I hope the owners view this email as constructive and work to improve the physical plant so that it could be a good alternative to the Avenue Inn or the Bellmoor.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Brighton Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brighton Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Brighton Suites Rehoboth Beach
- Brighton Rehoboth Beach