“Wonderful Place To Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boardwalk Plaza Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
You added Boardwalk Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
2 Olive Avenue, Oceanfront on the Boardwalk, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful Place To Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2007

Really needed to getaway for a couple of days so I just drove up to Rehoboth with a couple of recommendations from this site. Boardwalk Plaza was my first stop. It is a BEAUTIFUL Victorian hotel with warm, friendly staff and large, cozy rooms! Even though I saw many families with small children, my stay was quiet and restful. I stayed in an oceanfront suite with the sitting room right inside the balcony. So when I wasn't walking the beach or enjoying the surrounding boardwalk shops I opened my balcony door & listened to the waves crashing the shore. Because of its location (oceanfront & steps from the shops etc) I didn't move my car from the parking lot until it was time to head home. Oh! there were two dvd/cd players in the room (1 in the bedroom area/1 in the sitting area) The perfect getaway!

• Liked — The elegant victorian ambiance!
  • Disliked — Price (more than I wanted to pay!)
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Burtonsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2007

Our stay was wonderful!!! Not only was the service great but the cost was also quite low considering the elegance. When we arrived, we were welcomed by a porter who took all our bags to our room and gave us a brief tour of the facility. The front-desk clerk was also very polite and friendly. She was also nice enough to have room-service deliver food to our room upon our request, despite their restaurant kitchen being closed five minutes after we had arrived. Although we did not have ocean view rooms, we still enjoyed the view of the ocean from the elevators or from taking a walk on the Boardwalk right next to the hotel. In addition, the rooms were immaculately clean , sound-proof and the decor fit the victorian elegance they boast of having on their website. It was also very convenient to the local beach and outlet stores and restaurants as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who has an interest to live in Victorian elegance without compromising the wallet.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Small Bathroom
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Newark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2007

I enjoyed the hotel, kinda querky but very nice. Definatly one of the best at the Delaware Beaches. The staff is very friendly and knowldgably about the area. From them I heard explanations of several things about the hotel that another review on this site found offensive. One being the sign in the lobby saying "No Fowl Lanuge." I guess the reviewer did not have a sense of humer, as the sign was posted above the talking parrot's cage and wasn't an official sign. Additionally, although the 10 comandments are posted by the doors, upon talking to the staff, I was informed that there are other symbols of different religions mix with the antiques through out the hotel. The staff is very tolerant of different religions and views. If the other guests took the time to ask about the seemingly peculiar things, they would find resonable explanations that help add to the charm of this unique property.

Stayed March 2007
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2006

Over the past 9 years we've stayed at numerous properties in Rehoboth, Dewey, Bethany, and Ocean City. This property is by far the nicest and is the only place we will ever consider staying in the future.

Yes, we all loved the Victorian-themed decor, the oceanfront location, and the meticuously-clean, well-appointed oceanview suite, but what truly puts this facility into the category of "Excellent" is the superb service.

One example -- While attending to my kids in the lobby, I asked a staff member if I could get a cup of coffee at the bar. She asked me to take a seat on the parlor sofa, and literally minutes later, a tray with a POT of coffee and a Victorian cup and saucer were delivered directly to me to enjoy while my kids hovered over the beautiful Christmas Train display and the two feathered and friendly lobby residents -- one of which was extremely chatty.

Room service was lightning fast, and the Sunday Brunch Buffet in the gorgeous dining room was fantastic. The pool area, albeit small, was one of the nicer ones we've seen at any of the Rehoboth properties.

It is pricey, but well worth the extra money.

• Liked — Service, beautiful rooms, location
  • Disliked — ??????
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in May 2006. Hotel is beautiful, location is great, enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool and Tom the bellhop was really nice. But the arrogant management and rude overnight desk clerk ruined our stay. The problem started with getting ice. The hotel turns the ice machines on each floor off from 10pm to 10am. We had a refrigerator in our room however there were no ice trays and it didn't stay cold enough anyway. 1st we called room service to get ice but then you have to tip the person even though you're already paying a huge price for the room. They told us there was an ice machine in the basement that was available 24 hours/day. About 11pm my husband went down there to get ice. Some workers that were waxing the floors in the hallway between the garage and the elevator started yelling at him for being there even though there were no signs saying to keep out. We told the manager about it the next day and she was arrogant, condescending & rude. She offered no apology & no solution. Don't waste your money on this hotel. It's a shame that the hotel is so nice in some ways but it is all ruined by the arrogant and unprofessional management.

• Liked — oceanfront locations
  • Disliked — hotel management and overnight front desk clerk
  • Tips/Secrets — Not worth the money.
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2006

There are a not a lot of nice options in Rehobeth. This hotel for the price and convenience is worth it. The staff is super friendly and the rooms are kept very neat. The hotel in my opinion had an odd odor perhaps from the indoor pool. I liked the guest porch area overlooking the beach the best. The gym was totally acceptable and had a decent range of cardio equipment.

• Liked — the outside pool deck
  • Disliked — the smell in the room and the sheets and bedspread pretty mediocre
  • Tips/Secrets — go for a room on the beach
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wilmington DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2006

We just returned from a two night stay, and I have to say it was extremely relaxing. The staff was great, Laura, the bartender in the Pub, was great! She even recomended places for dinner because dining room Victorias was very overpriced. The room was nice, the jacuzzi hit the spot. The only thing I was disappointed about was that we asked for the adults only floor, we paid for the adults only floor, when we arrived I thought they put us on the adults only floor . I did not find out we weren't on it until I checked out. It would have been nice if the staff had told us that. I felt alittle cheated...

• Liked — The guestrooms
  • Disliked — Victorias
  • Tips/Secrets — if you want the adult only floor, it is the 4th floor!!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Boardwalk Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!