“LOVELY AND INVITING” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boardwalk Plaza Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
You added Boardwalk Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
2 Olive Avenue, Oceanfront on the Boardwalk, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reston
“LOVELY AND INVITING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed with our family (3 rooms) for 3 nights and the hotel is just lovely and the staff is overwhelmingly friendly and helpful! The location cannot be beat .
However, I think the term Pool is a misnomer.......this is a spa. Getting more than 5 people in the "pool" seemed a bit crowded when it's children who think it's a pool!
Also, I had called before we came to discuss what amenities were in our sweet. I asked if we had a microwave (I know we had a little fridge) and Bruce told me it was $25 a day to rent. I declined. When we arrived at 325 there was a fridge AND a microwave and we were charged $75 for the 3 days! I was a bit disappointed at that since I had specifically asked about it.
I would love to come back to the Boardwalk. The Victoria restaurant was just top notch in every respect and we had a terrific meal (crab cakes and pear bread pudding) for a fair price!!!!

Room Tip: We had the suite but really only needed a standard room which would have been cheaper. They are a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went for the wife's 30th B-Day weekend. Ocean front was a non-negotiable for us. This hotel had the best reviews for an ocean front property close to the action. Service was outstanding. They were very nice and brought us some cheese and champagne to help us celebrate!
They have a changing room that you can use if you get there before the regular check in time so you can hit up the beach. Very accommodating!
The decor is a bit cheesy but I THINK it is done with a sense of irony which makes it more palatable.
Restaurant is solid too! Get an outdoor table on the boardwalk and let the people watching begin.

Room Tip: If you reserve a room on the 'concierge' level, you get complimentary drinks, a complimentar...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BoardwalkPlazaGM, General Manager at Boardwalk Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you, Rich, for the review! We appreciate your staying with us for your special occasion, and enjoyed reading your fun and upbeat remarks. We hope you'll come back and see us again, soon...the views and the concierge level hot tub are great in the wintertime, too!
Drums, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and two boys have been visiting the boardwalk plaza for the last 13 years. We come back year after year because of the wonderful staff!! Tom C. and Enos are the most caring and welcoming people!! They go above and beyond every year. In addition to us, my husbands brother, wife, father, and mother stay at the hotel each year too! I hope the owners appreciate their staff as they make it the reason to come back each year. The location is fabulous. The hotel is very clean and the food at Victoria's is top notch.
I would encourage anyone looking for a fine hotel to consider the Boardwalk Plaza! Thank you staff for making our vacation very special again!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BoardwalkPlazaGM, General Manager at Boardwalk Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you, Theresa, for your wonderful 5-star review of our hotel. One of the best things about being in the hotel business for over 2 decades is getting to know and enjoy the same families who return year after year. We truly appreciate your family's continued patronage and your kind words about our staff. Please know that we do appreciate every member of our team and we know we certainly couldn't do it without them...nor without guests like you. Again, our thanks. We look forward to hosting you for many years to come.
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The location is fantastic. It's not easy to find a good spot on the beach, so we were excited to try this hotel out. Having the hotel this close to the beach really helped for us. When our kids needed to go to the bathroom, we had the hotel bathroom available. This was way better than in the past when we had to use the public beach bathrooms, which always grossed me out.

The hotel provides towels, but only one per guest.

Parking included.

The biggest negative of the hotel facilities is the pool. It's not what I would consider a pool. It's more of a large hot tub.

The hotel does have a restaurant. We ate breakfast one day. It's an expensive place to eat. It would be great to see a package that included breakfast.

Upon arrival, the staff was very friendly and very helpful (especially the younger people). Brought our bags up to our room, explained various functions that the hotel has, and offered to grab ice for us. Very helpful.

The decor is what I would expect from an old school boardwalk hotel. The kids had fun saying that the black and white framed photos on the wall were ghosts.

We would definitely stay here again.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The people were great. The staff at the desk were very friendly and our room was nice. We did not use the pool even though we had kids as they played on the beach all day. The restaurant was average at best. We only had breakfast there but the servers were not efficient or helpful and did not really know what was expected. I would not recommend it as the service was poor, and way over priced. The next morning we went to a coffee shop on the main street off of the boardwalk which was much cheaper and higher quality.

Room Tip: If I stayed again I would get an ocean front room.
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

A relaxing and wonderful experience! A friend and I, both teachers, just wanted to get away to someplace warm and fun without the hassle of a tourist destination, Rehoboth Beach while it is a summer getaway place is at a different pace than other shore communities. The Boardwalk Plaza Hotel was just the place for us to get away! While it is a modern hotel in construction and amenities the decor is very Victorian. Furnishings are both original and replicas of the time period and make for fun conversation! The staff at the Boardwark were warm and welcoming. Our registration went smoothly. Any questions were answered with courtesy and clarity. We stayed on the concierge floor so we had access to the roof and hot tub as well a other perks. The on premise restaurant was cozy and Victorian with much attention to detail and the food both for breakfast and dinner was delicious. A definite must return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're happy to hear that you discovered us and that you enjoyed the "wonderful and relaxing" pace of both the hotel and our lovely home town of Rehoboth Beach. We hope to host you again, soon -- be sure to consider us during other holidays from school, all year long! All our best wishes for a great summer.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I had a quick getaway and made last minute reservations through a booking group. It turned out that the reservation failed to go through although I received a confirmation. When I got to the hotel, the hotel said that I didn't have a room, but the gentleman bent over backwards to make arrangements for me to stay. I got an upgraded room...apartment, really, with great views and I couldn't have been happier! The accomodations were quite clean and well kept, which is great in a beach town. Staff was wonderful all the way around and I hope to get back there again.

Room Tip: Ocean side rooms have wonderful views of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Boardwalk Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!