“Fabulous view!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Crystal Lake IL
“Fabulous view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've stayed here before and so was anxious to return. The rooms are beautiful, clean and I selected a beachview room. It was a quiet and peaceful visit! BPH is in a great location, it is easy to park and walk to restaurants and shopping. Staff is always courteous and friendly!

Room Tip: Oceanview room is lovely and probably a little quieter on season than oceanfront. Beds are very co...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Peckville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I recently visited The Boardwalk Plaza Hotel as a weekend getaway before we welcome our first baby. The staff was amazing and the decor of the hotel was like a throw back in time. It was very cozy. I especially loved the keurig in the room, the view of the ocean from our balcony and the indoor/outdoor pool! We are excited to visit again, hopefully the next trip will be longer!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The weather was not great: rainy and windy but the Boardwalk Plaza was a great place to get away and relax. I needed an ADA room and everything was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was right on the beach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My sister and I planned a girls weekend in Rehoboth Beach for my mom's 60th birthday. We selected this hotel based on its oceanfront location and proximity to shopping and restaurants within Rehoboth. We all had such an amazing stay, we wished we could have stayed longer!! We booked an oceanfront suite which had two queen beds and a separate sitting area with a balcony. It was so nice to be able to hear the ocean waves crashing while you were falling asleep and yet minimal noise from the boardwalk intruded. The heated whirlpool made a nice addition to the amenities even in the chilly evening weather. The lobby always had some sort of coffee, tea, cider and cookies which was also a nice touch. From the moment we checked-in, we were treated like royalty here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel in a queen oceanfront room for a two-night getaway. This was our first visit to Rehoboth and we enjoyed it immensely.The hotel is in a great location right on the beach and boardwalk just a short walk from Rehoboth's main street which is full of shops and varied restaurant options. The hotel was very clean and we found the Victorian decor very pleasant and relaxing. The staff was always very friendly and accommodating. They served delicious cookies and hot apple cider in the lobby in the afternoons after check-in time which was a real treat. Our room was cozy and I'm glad we opted for an oceanfront room. We enjoyed the in-room jacuzzi, though it would have been nice if it were a tad bigger. They keep a stocked mini-fridge in the room from which you can purchase drinks and snacks. I would have preferred just an empty fridge to store our own drinks and snacks. I would suggest bringing a small cooler to cool your own drinks to save money -- there is an ice machine down the hall. Be aware that there is no microwave in the room if you are accustomed to having one when staying at a hotel. We only ate breakfast at the hotel, preferring to walk to local restaurants for lunch/dinner due to the price and selection at the hotel's restaurant. We ventured out a bit to visit Cape Henlopen State Park. It was a great place to find sea shells along the beach. You have to get up real early to beat the beach sweepers in Rehoboth if you want shells. We were pondering taking the ferry over to Cape May, but learned that the shuttle buses into downtown from the terminal were not operating this time of year. Overall, it is a great place for a couple to spend an off-season April weekend getaway. Not everything was open yet, but the weather was nice for strolling and it wasn't overly crowded. It was on the expensive side, but definitely worth it. I don't think there is any other hotel in the immediate area that can compare.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in an oceanfront room right by the elevator which goes down to the lobby...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had never visited the state of Delaware before last week. I has always passed through on the way from NYC to Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia and points south. This time I spend 3 nights at the Boardwalk Plaza Hotel in Rehoboth Beach while researching an article on the paranormal activity in the area.
To say I was thrilled would be putting it mildly. A 4 Diamond AAA property this 84 room gem is located on the boardwalk. As I pulled into their parking lot (free parking) an employee came out to my car and unloaded my bag. All the employees seemed really pleased to be working there. There was always a smile and greeting. Entering the lobby I thought I had been invited into a Victorian manor, not a building built in 1991. There are antique touches everywhere, including several parrots who greeted me. I was shown to my suite on the concierge 4th floor which required the use of my room key upon entering the elevator. This floor is a no children zone which also has a private elevator to the rooftop sundeck and spa tub.
My suite had a separate sitting area with a desk, couch and several chairs, as well as a flat screen TV. The sleeping area had the most comfortable bed I have slept in for many years. The sink area was large with lots of bright lights. There was a separate shower & toilet room which was a bit small. I loved the small touches which included a bathrobe, lots of big fluffy towels and even an umbrella. There was also free wi-fi which I used every day.
While riding up and down the indoor glass elevator you can watch people walking on the boardwalk and beach. There is a small heated indoor-outdoor spa tub located off the lobby. During the evenings the spa jets are turned on and it is adults only.
I did use the fitness center located on the basement level and had breakfast every morning in the Victoria Restaurant.
This is not the least expensive place to stay but is well worth the extra cost. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was the most charming hotel I have been to in a long time. You enter the hotel and are greeted by an African Grey Parrot that was so incrediby cute. The hotel owner has taste for antiques and they are displayed thoughout the hotel.

The staff was wonderful. You call for room service and they are so timely in their response. Or you can go to the hotel resturant or bar for dinner, lunch, or breakfast.. There is nothing negative I can say about the hotel. The rooms are very attractively adorned with antiques also Most rooms have a 2 room suite that faces the Atlantic Ocean. The rooms have a safety feature that when you open the sliding glass doors to the balcony, it turn off the AC/Heating. So just be aware to make sure you close your sliding glass doors It is a great "green" feature

For couples, the 4th floor is exclusively for couples only. Of course, I ddin't get to explore that at this visit, but heard that spas and massages were par for the course. Would love to take my husband.

Honesstly, I don't know about the pool since it was a little chilly time of the year, but the soaking pool which is like a hot tub was unbelieveable It goes from inside the hotel to the outside. How great is that?

I most definitely would stay there again Everyone was so friendly. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Boardwalk Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!