“Excellent value, no frills” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 16 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
Beaver, PA
“Excellent value, no frills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

Rooms are recently updated, spacious, comfortable. Not luxury living, but it was a great VALUE. Beds are comfy. but I was glad to have my own pillow. As a family of six, the spacious two-room suite was just what we needed! Rooms were spotless when we arrived. It actually is much better than the pictures show. There's a cute balcony or patio in back. Very quiet location, right near outlets. FYI: While in Rehoboth Beach, DO NOT eat at Lazy Susan's down the highway-lousy service, overpriced, under-flavored food. Sounds strange, but the best meal we had was at the IHOP just a couple of blocks down the road. Service was great, big portions and surprisingly great food! During the day, your best bet for a cheap lunch is Subway's $5 foot-long menu. Anytime two people can eat for $5, it's a good thing! Be cheap, take a cooler with drinks to the beach and save big! That way, you might have money left to splurge on a $4.25 soft-serve cone or a tasty, ubiquitous, but overpriced Grotto Pizza. For fun, try a kayak ECO-tour with Coastal Kayak of Bethany Beach, about 25 minutes away. Easy paddle around the salt marsh, little risk involved, lots of wildlife-great staff. I'm from PA, so have never seen sea stars, horseshoe crabs and osprey in natural habitat. My 17-yr-old stated, "I'm not going to lie-I thought this would be lame, but it was really neat." You'll end up with filthy feet, definitely wear the loaner shoes they offer. With coupon from tourist guide, it was $40 per person. This was our splurge.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

a 2-bed room with a patio. Ammenities included: swimming pool, mini fridge, microwave, blowdryer, coffee pot with coffee, radio that you could plug your ipod into, and a Continental Breakfast. Met nice employees, clean room, no insect problem. They took AAA and AARP discounts. Short drive to the beach. Worth the visit, will come back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Mountville, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

My Mom and I are adventurous and will try a whole range of hotels because as everyone knows, you can't judge a book by it's cover. We checked into the hotel on Friday, May 15th for one night. The entire hotel was very quiet and there were hardly any guests to be seen anywhere (the parking lot was totally empty except for a few cars). With this said, we expected to get great service and a clean hotel.

When we checked in, the front desk attendant, Barbara, was very nice and welcoming. We then went to our room and upon first entering, we were quite pleased. There were two double beds in the first room, as well as a couch, two dressers, a coffee table, tv and a night stand. There was a full size kitchen with tables, chairs, a desk and a full size refrigerator, a full size kitchen sink and a microwave (the microwave looked like it was literally from the 70's -- but no big deal, it worked). There was also a coffee maker in the kitchen. The bathroom was fine, except it did not have a trash can in it (yes, I'm an advocate of having trash cans in the bathroom). The separate bedroom in the back had two double beds, a dresser, a tv and a couple of chairs. Off of the bedroom, was a small patio, which had a table and two chairs.

Cleanliness issues: 1. When I pulled back the bed in the back bedroom, I found two black bugs in the bed. One was dead, one was alive. I don't think they were bed bugs. However, because of that, I couldn't sleep in that bed. I went to get in another bed and pulled the sheets back to find the sheets stained. I finally got in a third bed that appeared to be fine. 2. The table and chairs on the patio were filthy. My Mom and I had to get towels out of the bathroom to put on the chairs to be able to sit on them. I wouldn't touch the table or set anything on it. It was disgusting. 3. There were crumbled potato chips along the edges of the beds in the front room. 4. There was sand and sea shells along the edges of the beds in the back room. 5. I picked the tray up that was in the kitchen to take to breakfast the next morning so I could bring things back to the room and accidentally discovered a smeared oily film all over the bottom of the tray. I almost threw up because of the surprise and immediately went in and washed my hands. 6. The mirrors in the room look like they haven't been cleaned in a while. There were oily hand stains on the mirrors and what looked like splattered dry water or something. 7. In the breakfast room, the juice machine was out of order, so the only other thing available to drink was coffee.

I did call Barbara at the front desk and tell her about my concerns the night before we checked out. She told me she was sorry and that it would be best if we asked to speak to a manager the next morning. I think she should have handled the situation better and found someone to help her fix the problem if she, in fact, did not know what to do.

I would NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2009
Wilkes-Barre
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

Dad booked this one and I decided to go with him for the weekend. We get there and the front desk area is locked. We called the hotel from the car and the Econo Lodge hotel next door answered. We explained that we had a reservation at the Rodeway Inn, which we thought we had called. The person who answered explained that the desk clerk at the Rodeway Inn had callen out and since the two hotels were owned by the same person we could check in over there. While checking in at the hotel next door, we were told we would have to come back to the hotel the next morning for the continental breakfast as the Rodeway only had breakfast on weekends.

We checked into the hotel room. The room is very large. It had a sofa, which pulled out into a bed, a small table with two chairs, and a television, along with the two beds. The beds weren't extremely comfortable but weren't uncomfortable either. The pillows left a little to be desired. The bathroom was set apart from the main room by something that can only be described as a changing room.

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn two nights. After we got back to our room after a long day out, we were dismayed to find that the room had never been serviced. When we complained to the front desk, we were told that the housekeeper had just left to work at the hotel next door.

While the room was nice and the price was decent. The hotel really needs to work on a consistent staffing for a pleasant guest experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2008

We stayed for one night in October primarily to go to the outlets and to the State Park for a quick weekend getaway before the weather gets too cold to enjoy the outdoors. We were very happy with the location of the hotel, close proximity to the Outlets and restaurants and the cleanliness of the property. We only paid $52 for the room and the room was huge for just the two of us. The room was clean, no bugs or mold, and they had a very basic continental breakfast bagels, danish, muffins, coffee and juice. Front desk staff was friendly. We didn't hear any sounds from other guests and there were quite a few people there that night. They did have an outdoor pool which was closed for the season but it looked adequate for such a low priced hotel as well. The bathroom area was totally separate from the rest of the room thru a door which led to the closet then another door which led to the bathroom, very private.
I would chose it again if I were in the area. The beach was 2 miles away, not that far of a drive.

• Liked — Large room w/ micro/fridge
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
rehoboth beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

Woke up in the morning with red spots on exposed areas of body. After researching the internet, I found this to be a classic
case of bed bug bites. this was comfirmed by doctor after I returned home. I caution all travelers to check the beds. I will
not stay there again.

Stayed October 2008
Poland, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2008

I was thrilled with the quality of my two-bedroom suite at the Rehoboth Beach Rodeway Inn. The suite was spotlessly clean, and very comfortable. This hotel is a very good value in a resort area where much lesser rooms are often priced much higher! It is located some distance from the beach, near the outlet malls, but the savings in room rates makes it a very viable alternative to the in-town hotels. Our suite included a kitchen area with a full-size refrigerator, in-room coffee, two large televisions and very ample closet space. Beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was just fine, and the employees at the front desk were very friendly. My only complaint was the lack of wireless internet service; as a business traveler, the ability to go online is very important to me.

• Liked — The large two bedroom suite
  • Disliked — lack of wireless internet
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!