“Definitely a no-frills motel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 16 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
nj
“Definitely a no-frills motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was not the worst hotel I have ever stayed at - but it put truth to "you get what you pay for." We stayed at the Roadway Inn while visiting family on Thanksgiving. Total cost for two came to under $45 with AAA. We checked in around 10:00 p.m. and went to our room to find that the lights by the bed did not work at all but the big problem was it looked like a chair or ottoman had been moved and there was trash on the floor which was never vacuumed. Not looking any closer for more evidence of an unclean room, we went back down to the front desk and asked for a different room since this one was not clean. Clerk was courteous, appologized and put us in a bigger room for same price. This room did have one cheerio and one chip on the floor that the maid had missed vacuuming, but otherwise was clean, the bathroom was clean (although mirror had a lot of streaks from being wiped down) and the bed appeared clean. The bathroom had less than a 1/4 roll of toilet paper (did find a second roll after looking) on dispenser and two tissues left in the tissue box. Bed was comfortable. Room was somewhat quiet although late arriving guests outside were noisey (not the hotel's fault) and trash dumpster (I think) pickup was loud and sometime way before dawn--maybe 5:00 a.m??? Front desk person never told us that complimentary breakfast is in a small room next to check in....we found it by accident after checking out and they do have a very nice set up. The woman at the front desk completing our check out never asked how our stay was, so I did not bother to mention that the second room could have been vacuumed better. Ironic part is the maid leaves her name on the tip envelope and asks that we leave the tip at the front desk (funny since she did a not-so-good job). Location was good though - we got up early and were able to stop at a few outlet stores before heading back to family's house. Room was clean enough that we were glad we only spent less than $50 and not $100 for a place just to sleep. We would stay again to save money, but glad we would know what we get.

Room Tip: Just be sure to check room for being clean enough before settling in. Be sure to take advantage of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while attending the Rehoboth Beach Film Festival. The price was right for my tight budget, and the hotel met my needs perfectly. The location was quiet, rooms were spacious and clean, the small refrigerator can store drinks, the heating unit worked well and the woman at the desk during check-out was friendly.

The free breakfast provided is VERY basic, enough to hold you over if you are on the run, but we selected to eat breakfast at one of the many options near the hotel.

Word to the wise - do not make coffee using the appliance in your room. Either the water was terrible or the unit had sediment inside - the pot of coffee I made in the morning was undrinkable. But all you need to do is walk down to the breakfast room and get a cup there or drive to the Fractured Prune down the road.

Room Tip: If you are staying during the peak season, ask for a room on the north side, far away from the conti...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed October 5~7 2012 with a friend for the weekend that is an employee of choice hotels.
Overall the Hotel property is clean and well maintained, the pool area was very nice with plenty of loungers, chairs, tables & umbrellas. The continental breakfast was basic with coffee, tea, juice, muffins, bagels and cereal.
The layout of our room was extremely bazaar to say the least, upon entering the room both beds were in front of each other not side by side! The a/c had a nasty odor every time it came on to the point we covered our faces.
The room is in dire need of updating, but was very clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I experienced an excellent STAFF at this hotel. Both front desk attendants were polite and efficient, I was allowed to pay in full and up front, and my room was cleaned to the best of the staff's ability.

The continental breakfast was a joke at best. I suggest you grab morning coffee on your way elsewhere-there's a lot of well priced dining in the immediate area.

The location worked well for me. I was in the midst of all the outlet shopping, grocery stores, and Rehoboth Beach access. I was also a short drive away from Cape Henlopen and Ocean City, MD.

The pool was surprisingly nice. Although the pool towels could have been larger and more plentiful, the area was clean, the water was freshened, and there was lots of seating.

The physical building has a number of issues. There was some obvious water damage in my second floor room. I found staining under the sink, the grout is coming loose in many areas of the bathroom, and you can hear the pipes shudder when the water is turned on. Although I didn't smell mildew, the carpet buckled in several places.

For $50 a night, given that my room slept 6 people, I got exactly what I paid for.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are bigger. Also, if you're a single woman traveling you may not feel safe on...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Phila, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen. Had full size fridge, microwave, coffee maker and sink. FYI - no plates or cups or flatware. Rooms were huge. Separate bedrooms with 2 double beds in each. And a sofa bed in the main living area. Sleeps 8 total. Was about 20 mins from Sports at the Beach, maybe 5 mins from beach and mins from outlets and restaurants. Didn't use pool but it looked clean and a decent size. Rooms do need some updating but for a night or 2 they are just fine. Hotel clerk was friendly and the price was just right with our AAA card.

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Had no reservations and needed a place to stay the night. Since we were shopping at the outlets and were leaving the next morning, we opted to stay on the Highway. The Rodeway had a suite available, which they gave us for the night. It had 2 bedrooms. The room was clean but definitely needed updating. It could be a really nice place and if you're there with friends - it sleeps 8, could be a real bargain. Right near the outlets and about a mile from the beach (short car ride). Public transportation also available.

Free continental breakfast included. Staff were very pleasant.
All they need is to upgrade the rooms and it has very good potential to be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We had to settle for a smoking room, but I advise you don't if you don't smoke. My clothes...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here with my family in July. It was a nice hotel for a reasonable price! The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean (:
The continental breakfast was pretty ESPECIALLY the powder donuts! I usually stay at hilton hotels, but this was a nice hotel for a lot cheaper price! I would definetly stay here again whenever I go to the beach (:

P.S I swear people that don't know how to do anything BUT complain need to kill themselves! The person under me is just a no life LOSER!! I swear stay here, watch it is a nice hotel! Don't worry about what idiots say just because they're retarded and stupid!

Room Tip: The rooms in the middle are VERY quiet!
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!