We stayed there on a cabin. We checked in on a Thursday and checked out on a Friday. We called Thursday morning around noon to ask if we could check in early since I thought probably the cabin was available and clean. I was told that the cabins were not ready yet but they will be at 3 p.m (official check in time). I could not believe that during a weekday none of their cabins was available for early check in, to me it sounded as though they did not allow people to go there early. But that was just the beginning of our stay. The cabin was small 1 full bed and 2 bunk beds; it had a mini-refrigerator, a microwave, a clean picnic table, a fire pit (close to the car), a water spigot, nice porch. There is wi-fi but we could not access it from our cabin we were told that we would have to be close to the office for signal.
• No early check in.
• Only cash accepted (no checks, no credit cards).
• Poor customer service, the owners talked to me as if they were doing me a favor, a teenage girl who worked there was not very helpful, she gave me a paper with the shuttle information and when I asked for more info she said “ everything is in the paper”.
• Cabins were very close to each other. Little privacy.
• Bathrooms: According to the map, there are 2 bath houses. One by the camper’s side which is the biggest it has 4 or 5 stalls and 4 or 5 showers and they have them separately for men and women. The second bath house is by the cabins (11-18) it has 2 stalls and 1 shower also for men and women. The last one is by cabins (1-10) There is only ONE bathroom for BOTH men and women and just ONE shower. Of course, there were lines, I did not see any fans in the bathroom or spray so imagine just one bathroom for the campers and the people in the cabins and the smells that come out of it. They need to work on that. They cannot have so many people in the summer with not many bathrooms and showers for them.
• Beds were very uncomfortable. We could sleep but woke up frequently. They have very thin mattresses
• Location. Close to Rehoboth.
• They have cold water in the shower. Even though it was very hot on a Saturday evening the water from the shower was cold.
• Cabins have AC
There is a bus that stops by the pool. It will take you to the movies, outlets and restaurants. If you want to go the boardwalk in Rehoboth you will have to get off the bus at the Park and Ride and switch to bus # 201, it will take you right to the beach. Bus # 201 runs every 15 minutes. An all day pass is $2.10 exact change in the bus or buy a ticket at the office and they will give you change. I did not take the bus, they give you a paper with bus info at the office. Some of the mobile homes we saw were falling apart, and we cannot reserve a specific site/cabin. The website has no map of the campground.
This place has more disadvantages than advantages and just because of the bathroom situation I will not return.
You cannot view or choose sites online
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
We do allow early check in if the rental unit is ready, however, on the day in question we were doing some roof maintenance on a few of the cabins, so we held check ins until 3pm to avoid noise complaints.
Report response as inappropriate
The bathing facility by cabins 11-19 has 3 additional showers on the back side of the building, and the small bath house by #'s 1-10 was added as a night time convenience, it was never intended to be a main bathing facility. Our main bath is a short walk away, with multiple toilets and showers.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.