I travel all over the US. Mostly a Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons lover. Was very excited to have an alternative to the Bellmore here in Rehoboth, but this was quite a letdown. I think the reviews on here are VASTLY overrating this place. So I will try to be fair and balanced. We had a "Suite sized king"
1. Nice comfy beds - better than a motel.
2. Shuttle service to the beach.
3. Nice quite class lobby.
Honestly - thats about it.
1. We had a small child - waiting to be checked in so he could sleep. Both front desk representatives kept answering the phone rather than checking us in.
2. Room is far from a suite - and should be advertised as such. A bit oversized - yes. A suite - no. There wasnt a separate room so this isnt a suite.
3. Told at check in we had to use the hotel pack-n-play rather than our own for "safety reasons". That wasnt told to us on the phone and should have been before we booked. The hotel pack-n-play wasnt clean or acceptable. Policy needs to be changed.
4. The lobby is nice - but the rooms arent nearly as nice as the lobby would lead you to believe. Holiday Inn like curtains. Non- central air conditioning. TINY AND I MEAN TINY bathroom for a hotel at this pricepoint. Sinks and toilet look motel like.
5. NO BATHTUB - just shower in our room. Ive never seen this before.
6. Shuttle service runs from 9am - 6pm. This hotel is at least a quarter mile to the beach. Sunset isnt til after 8? And Funland and other attractions are quite a walk. They need this service to run until 730 or 8 to the beach and 1030 or 11 to Funland.
7. The pool is the size of an oversized jacuzzi. There are less than 10 chairs to sit on. They grossly missed on this. It is the worst hotel pool I have ever seen.
8. Breakfast - warm pancakes. No eggs. Shady looking sausages. No bacon. Little by way of cereal selection.
9. Said before on here - Ill reiterate. THIN WALLS.
So, I think what attracted me was the immaculate lobby when I walked through last summer when I wasnt a guest. A need for a true 5 star hotel experience in Rehoboth and hoping this was it. Liking the Bellmoor alot and wanting to love someplace else. The exterior and lobby makes you think you may have found a "boutique hotel" - but what you find it a lipsticked motel with a lot of makeup and smart marketing to high-end clientele. The reality is this is a high end motel and this is the first time trip advisor let me down. This is WAY overrated. I would say this should be 200 a night. TOPS
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newest 08 luxury hotel located in the heart of Rehoboth Beach-Avenue offering a wealth of complimentary amenities and services including, Deluxe continental breakfast, open air beach shuttle with chairs & towels, turn down service with chocolates, Wine, seasonal beverage with cheese & crackers nightly, outdoor pool, WiFi & broadband internet access, business center, on-site restaurant and much more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rehoboth Hotel Beach