“Great Aspirations - but quite a let down.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Rehoboth
Save Saved
You added Hotel Rehoboth to your Saves list
247 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Aspirations - but quite a let down.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I travel all over the US. Mostly a Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons lover. Was very excited to have an alternative to the Bellmore here in Rehoboth, but this was quite a letdown. I think the reviews on here are VASTLY overrating this place. So I will try to be fair and balanced. We had a "Suite sized king"

Positives.
1. Nice comfy beds - better than a motel.
2. Shuttle service to the beach.
3. Nice quite class lobby.
Honestly - thats about it.

Negatives.
1. We had a small child - waiting to be checked in so he could sleep. Both front desk representatives kept answering the phone rather than checking us in.
2. Room is far from a suite - and should be advertised as such. A bit oversized - yes. A suite - no. There wasnt a separate room so this isnt a suite.
3. Told at check in we had to use the hotel pack-n-play rather than our own for "safety reasons". That wasnt told to us on the phone and should have been before we booked. The hotel pack-n-play wasnt clean or acceptable. Policy needs to be changed.
4. The lobby is nice - but the rooms arent nearly as nice as the lobby would lead you to believe. Holiday Inn like curtains. Non- central air conditioning. TINY AND I MEAN TINY bathroom for a hotel at this pricepoint. Sinks and toilet look motel like.
5. NO BATHTUB - just shower in our room. Ive never seen this before.
6. Shuttle service runs from 9am - 6pm. This hotel is at least a quarter mile to the beach. Sunset isnt til after 8? And Funland and other attractions are quite a walk. They need this service to run until 730 or 8 to the beach and 1030 or 11 to Funland.
7. The pool is the size of an oversized jacuzzi. There are less than 10 chairs to sit on. They grossly missed on this. It is the worst hotel pool I have ever seen.
8. Breakfast - warm pancakes. No eggs. Shady looking sausages. No bacon. Little by way of cereal selection.
9. Said before on here - Ill reiterate. THIN WALLS.

So, I think what attracted me was the immaculate lobby when I walked through last summer when I wasnt a guest. A need for a true 5 star hotel experience in Rehoboth and hoping this was it. Liking the Bellmoor alot and wanting to love someplace else. The exterior and lobby makes you think you may have found a "boutique hotel" - but what you find it a lipsticked motel with a lot of makeup and smart marketing to high-end clientele. The reality is this is a high end motel and this is the first time trip advisor let me down. This is WAY overrated. I would say this should be 200 a night. TOPS

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Shea4HR, Owner at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this review, June 26, 2010
I'm sorry you are so mean and hateful, but your review is rediculous. We do not claim to be the Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons or any 5 star resort - nor do we charge their rates. We offer a luxurious and comfortable hotel stay with many complimentary amenities - turn down service, beach chairs & towels with shuttle service, deluxe continental breakfast, wine & cheese reception nightly etc...
Our suite-sized guest rooms are just that - "Suite Sized!" - Large. Most of our guest rooms have tub/showers though a few offer a granite walk-in shower. We do allow guest to use their own pack n plays?
Fortunately we hear wonderful compliments everyday from our nice, happy guests.
Reviews should be based on the market and in our market we offer an upscale, above average - way above hotel stay.
Best Regards, Management and Staff HR

333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I think that the Hotel Rehoboth had the right idea in mind. I agree with many of the authors that the decor is that of a Holiday Inn and not a boutique hotel.

My biggest complaint that I don't seem to see many of is that the walls in the rooms are paper thin! You can say "hello neighbor" and have a crystal clear response from the rooms on either side. For example, we had a small family staying next to us and we heard all of their plans for the day as well as the father spanking their son (along with the crying that followed).

I have stayed at several other places in Rehoboth and this is one of the nicer ones. However, just pray you don't have someone loud next door!

The cost is not worth is and you may as well stay closer to the beach in one of the older hotels or B&B's. At least you will have more priacy!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Shea4HR, Owner at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
The Hotel Rehoboth is built with 12" exterior walls and 6" interior walls with double drywall and insulation for sound proofing. We are very sorry if you experienced any noise during you stay, though to say we have paper thin walls is just wrong.

Thank you for acknowledging the fact that we are one of the nicest hotels in Rehoboth. I hope you are able to find a more sound proofed room in Rehoboth and if not, we certainly appreciate and welcome your business.

Have a wonderful Summer!
HR Management
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

My husband and I are SO thrilled that we found Hotel Rehoboth. The hotel is immaculate, the staff is friendly and accommodating, and the amenities are absolutely the best in town.

We found Hotel Rehoboth AFTER having previously booked and spent a horrible night in a different hotel directly on the boardwalk. After canceling my reservations and calling nearly every hotel in Rehoboth I felt SO fortunate to discover "Hotel Rehoboth".

Hotel Rehoboth is located just a few blocks from the beach and they have an open air shuttle to accommodate those who do not wish to walk. The shuttle will also provide towels and chairs for the beach. You are in the heart of many restaurant choices...anything from pub style food to upscale restaurants. The rooms are bright and large. All the technology is new: TV, Wireless, AC.... sounds basic but I assure you that many of the boardwalk locations do not update their technology frequently. I felt completely comfortable allowing my 19 month old daughter to play on the floor which speaks to how clean the hotel rooms were...immaculate!!!

We loved every aspect of this hotel and will return for our annual trip next summer and beyond!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Shea4HR, Owner at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Thank you, Thank you for your thoughtful and kind review of the hotel. We all really appreciate it when our guests take the time to write something nice on trip advisor. We are so glad to hear you had a nice stay and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future.

Again, Thank you and Have a wonderful Summer!
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We found the Hotel Rehoboth to be a disappointment in many regards. It does not live up to the "boutique hotel" label. Those who have said there are pros and cons to the hotel are most certainly right.

Starting with PROS:
- There is a free wine and cheese reception each night that is free and a shuttle service to the beach
- The restaurant in the hotel (Lupo di Mare) is great
- The bathrooms are very well appointed and the turn down service provides plenty of fresh linen etc.

For CONS:
- The decor of the rooms is very "Holiday Inn/Hampton Inn" - that is to say, perfectly fine, but hardly up to par for a "$350 a night boutique hotel." There is nothing boutique about the rooms - they are large, bland and very "chain hotel" esque. We found the general appearance of the room to be very disappointing.
- The service was overall lackluster on many fronts. At check in, the bell staff dropped a bag with liquor we had purchased for the weekend. Despite breaking a bottle in front of management, no effort was made to correct the situation or even apologize. Not 4-star service.
- You are about a 8 - 10 minute walk form the beach

Overall, we found the hotel a major disappointment and could not in any way come up with justification for the price point. At perhaps $100+ less a night, the hotel is an above average property, but at this price - I'd recommend Rehoboth bound travelers to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Shea4HR, Owner at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Thank you for your review and comment about the hotel being above average. It is a small boutique hotel (52 quest rooms & suites) and most of our guests love our decor. We are very sorry to hear the bellman broke a bottle of your wine. He should have notified management immediately so we could respond to the unfortunate incident - No management saw this happen!
We feel we offer a wonderful value and a unique product in Rehoboth with many complimentary amenities - you failed to mention.
We hope you stay at other area hotels and return to ours as we do appreciate your business.
HR Management and Staff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

This is a nice hotel with good amenities but I had booked a room with a balcony and the room I was given (307), the balcony faced the wall of the building and also over looked the mechanical and garbage equipment from next door. I asked to be moved but the front desk told me that they were sold out. Which i can understand but I did not push the issue at the time since I knew that not everyone had checked in yet but they were unwilling to address my request.

So if you get the room you ask for, this hotel is in a good location.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Shea4HR, Owner at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Thank you for your review and noting the hotels good location and good amenities. We are very sorry you were not happy with your room. The room you were in (307) is the only one in that catigory , therefore the front desk was unable to move you. All other balcony rooms are different price points - higher. #307 is smaller than our regular rooms, but it does offer a large balcony with double chaise that many guest enjoy.
We really appreciate your business and hope if you are in Rehoboth again you will give us a call so we can make sure you have a room you will truely enjoy.
Sincerely Yours,
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

We were told by the hotel rep. that this was equivalent to a 5 star hotel.

Pros: Large room, Comfortable King-size Bed, Open-air shutle service to the Beach, Walking Distance to Restaurants, Package Deals, Breakfast Included.

Cons: Very Small Pool, No Exercise Room, Front Desk not particularly friendly(not rude, but we felt like they thought they were doing us a favor by us staying there, even though we were paying a lot to be there), Breakfast was not that great (it was ok, but not "5 star")

I would not call this a 5 star hotel, however, it looks like a good deal overall.

Stayed June 2010
Shea4HR, Owner at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
Thank you for your fair review. No we are not a 5 Star Resort property and I am truely sorry if someone suggested that to you. We are checking with our staff to ensure a more accurate discription is given. Rehoboth does not have any 5 star hotels. We offer comfortable, luxurious accommodations with many complimentary amenities. I would also agree that we are an overall good deal.
We truely appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
HR Management & Staff.
Menton, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

My partner and I decided to celebrate our 17th Anniversary in Rehoboth Beach. We found this hotel on Trip Advisor. It was rated number 2. In my opinion, this is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. The staff was warm and friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. They gave us maps on check in and even provided the magazine for the local Gay and Lesbian Community Center (a nice touch). Rehoboth Beach is a wonderful, clean, beautiful and gay friendly beach town. This hotel is immaculate. Beautiful rooms with lush sheets and comfortable spaces. Large bathrooms with double vanities. Free wifi and delicious continental breakfast. This was a flawless experience. Everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff was gracious and made us feel very welcome as a gay male couple and pampered at every turn. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Shea4HR, Owner at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay in Rehoboth and at the Hotel Rehoboth. We truely appreciate your business and the fact that you took the time to write such a nice review. So very nice - Thank you! We look forward to seeing you both hopefully in the near future.
HR Management & Staff

Been to Hotel Rehoboth? Share your experiences!