“Great Hotel...We'll Be Back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Rehoboth
247 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel...We'll Be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

After spending four nights with my wife and two young children, I can’t think of anything negative about our experience. The hotel was very clean, well appointed and the staff was very pleasant and genuinely interested in making our stay as comfortable as possible. Our room was large and very well attended to. At first we were a bit hesitant about the location (roughly 0.5 mile from the boardwalk), however, the walk proved to be enjoyable even with a four year old. Rehoboth Ave is a very pleasant walk day or night. However, traveling to and from the beach “with all the gear” would have proven very difficult if it weren’t for the free shuttle (definitely a selling point).

Overall, we were very pleased. We’ll be back!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Mentor, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

My wife and I stayed two nights 6/14-15 and were extremely pleased. We would definitely stay there on another visit.

Rockville, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

My birthday weekend.
All of my plans fell through but I was determined to get away. I was referred to the Hotel Rehoboth by a relative but was not all that "antsy" about traveling 2.5 hrs away for a Beach Experience. But when I say that this hotel coupled with the amenities and guest services, this place is OVER THE TOP!!!! WOW! I have absolutely no complaints. The ambience is so decorative with antique, mixed with contemporary pieces that are strategically placed in the lobby area. Although the hotel's amenities disclose that there is a nightly reception, it doesn't mention that for those that don't drink or are traveling with family - there are cookies and apple juice offered. Turn-down service is on time and offers a little extra to the hotel's decor. With no expectation, and no idea what to do, the front desk was more than informative with where to go for great night life. They offered complimentary beach gear and a swift ride to and from the beach at your leisure. The distance between the hotel and the boardwalk could never be a discouragement. I was also pleased to find that it was restaurant week and the choices of foods that I selected were impeccable. Although I traveled the Boardwalk, and stumbled up on a few hotels that appeared to be nicer from the outside, no doubt that for the cost of the hotel and the service that is offered, you definitely should NOT judge a book (or hotel) by its cover. - I’m going back again, again, and again! - Thanks Hotel Rehoboth for such a great Beach Experience.

connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

My wife and I just returned home from our stay and thought we should let the people at Hotel Rehoboth know how much we enjoyed our stay. We had a very relaxing and comfortable stay. The front desk and staff took great care of us. We really appreciated the efforts of JC at the front desk.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I always fret when it comes to planning trips which means that my husband usually does the planning. This time, the assignment fell to me, so I started with Trip Advisor and narrowed down the choice to two hotels: The Bellmoor and Hotel Rehobeth. I decided to book Hotel Rehobeth because it looks cleaner, more updated and is located on the strip without being too close to the beach. I called and spoke with Lauren, and she walked me through the reservation and answered my questions very well (I asked her to tell me why this was a better hotel than the Bellmoor... and I knew the answer, but wanted to hear hers). She was very professional and friendly and I look forward to meeting her (and the other staff) when we arrive in a couple of weeks. Consider this to be part one... will follow up with more upon our return. So far, so good!

PS... I also decided to stay here because the manager, Sherri, actually reads and responds to reviews!

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Glen Burnie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

Wow, what a great hotel. Boutique, all the way! My partner and I traveled over Memorial Day weekend and found this hotel through, of course, TripAdvisor.com. While it was pricey, you certainly got your money's worth. The cost of our stay was about $300/night (gulp!). They charged a one night deposit up front. You can cancel up to 7 days prior with only a small administrative fee. Normal beach stuff.

The entire process from reservation to checkout was flawless. The staff was friendly and welcoming. The guest rooms were well appointed, with nice soaps, shampoos, bath robes, plenty of towels, comfortable beds, coffee pot, safe, fridge and a work area for nuts like me that bring their laptop on vacation! The internet was free and worked like a champ. There were also ample electrical plugs for all your devices. We chose an oversize king suite, which had an electric fireplace, large balcony and a nice sitting area. There is no view folks - it's not a beach front property. So don't be terribly concerned about the location of your guest room - go for the room type that makes you happy.

They don't tolerate smoking on the property at all - not even on your balcony, which was fine with us. In fact, there is a hefty fine for it. Also, they don't take pets. While that's a down side for us, I understand that would put them in an entirely different category of hotel than was intended. Rehoboth is very pet friendly and you will see dogs everyplace.

There was a turn-down service at night, where they also refreshed the bathrooms, replaced towels and provided chocolates. The housekeeper leaves an envelope with their name(s) on it for gratuities. Please use it - at least at the end of your stay.

The location could not be better. While they have a complimentary shuttle to the beach, I'm not sure why anybody would use it. The beach is only a few blocks away. And if you are so inclined to patronize gay bars and restaurants, the majority are within walking distance. If you are not gay friendly/tolerant then you don't belong in Rehoboth Beach! There are also many other fine places to eat and drink nearby. Getting there in traffic can be a pain because of the sheer volume and size of the main drag, but there are back ways that I used to avoid all the regular traffic. If you'd like the secret, you can contact me.

Two things stood out as over the top. They have parking (both above and under ground) for 1 car per guest room. One night we came home late and could not find a space for some reason. By the time we got back up the drive, the night manager had come outside to say he had seen us on camera looking for a space and authorized us to park in the front. Nice, eh??

Another day, I got a message in my room that the manager saw I had a flat tire, so they pumped it up for me. They wanted me to know so that I could get it checked out. Hello?? Is that customer service or what? Fortunately, they had made an error, and it was not my car that had a flat .. lol .. but still, what great service!

The morning 'continental plus' breakfast was very nice. There was a good variety of food such as breads, sweet muffins, toast, english muffins, assorted fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, ham slices, cereals, yogurt, instant oatmeal, coffee, juice, etc.. We were a little annoyed at the parents who could not control their screaming kids, but that's not the hotel's problem. Going super early solves that. The breakfast attendants were fantastic -- they engaged you in conversation and did a great job keeping things stocked and cleaned up quickly. Folks, even though breakfast is free, leave a tip. It's the right thing to do.

I currently work at a mid-size hotel and conference center, and have been a meeting and event planner for over 26 years. I highly recommend this hotel. And, once we save up, we'll will return for another stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2009

My partner & I live a little over an hour from the beach. We are familiar with the area and often plan day trips to Rehoboth and usually stay in a friend’s condo in Ocean City when we visit. We were looking for a quiet weekend away and were not interested in driving to and from Ocean City. I booked our room after researching hotels online. I must say that I was super impressed with Hotel Rehoboth!

Most importantly the staff was the most respectable and friendly staff I have ever experienced! From the check in to house keeping everyone was helpful and polite! The location was wonderful for parking in the garage all weekend and walking to and from the beach, shopping, and restaurants! We were recommended a wonderful place to have dinner and upon our return to the hotel we were greeted with concerns as to how our dinner was and what we had. The rooms were great! We booked a king suite with a private balcony and it was worth every penny!!! I could live in that bed it was so comfortable and clean! The patio furniture was beautiful! Everything was exceptional!

I have recommended Hotel Rehoboth to anyone who will listen! It was one of the best weekend get-a-ways we have ever had and we have talked about how impressed we were for weeks! No more Ocean City stays for us! We love the Hotel Rehoboth and are already planning another late summer trip with friends!

Kelsey M Payne

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Rehoboth? Share your experiences!