“Relaxing stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Rehoboth
Ranked #4 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Philadelphia, PA
“Relaxing stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time ever over the New Year holiday. The hotel was very clean. The staff was professional and helpful. They offer a wine and cheese reception each evening and a hot breakfast each morning. There is onsite parking and it is about a 15 minute walk to the boardwalk/beach. This hotel is located in close proximity to many shops and restaurants. We stayed in one evening and were able to borrow a few DVDs from the front desk to watch in our room. I travel often for business and typically stay and major chain hotels in order to accumulate points. I was pleasantly surprised with this boutique hotel and would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: I stayed in a king deluxe room with a small sitting area. I was pleased with the extra space and lo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Shea4HR, Manager at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us over New Years and for sharing your positive feedback.

We are pleased to hear you appreciated the wine reception, spacious guest room and location. We hope you will also join us during the warmer months when our beach shuttle offers a fun open air ride with beach chairs and towels provided complimentary to enjoy as well as pool etc..

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Rehoboth anytime and wish you a wonderful - prosperous Year.

Best Regards,

Hotel Rehoboth Management and Staff

288 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Arlington, Va.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here for an off-season weekend and had a great experience. It's a bit more expensive than many of the options in Rehoboth, but I think it's worth it. Large room, large bathroom, very clean, comfortable beds, appreciate the mini fridge. Across the street from Starbucks and Grub Grocery, which had good breakfast sandwiches. One block from Dogfish and two blocks from Henlopen City Oyster House; both are great choices for dinner. Only a few blocks from the beach, you're still a little bit removed from the tourist taffy shops. Basically the perfect location, in my opinion.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

In Rehoboth Beach for the marathon, I selected the hotel because its proximity to the start line. I was also encouraged by favorable reviews and intrigued by its “premier boutique hotel” marketing campaign. The “boutique” part was evident upon entering the lobby. There was a gathering of fellow guests enjoying wine and cheese. I did not partake in the festivities, but the sheer number of attendees suggests that it was a fan favorite.

I would qualify the check-in experience as amiable but not personable. I signed a registration card confirming the rate, and the associate pointed me to the elevators. Information about the hotel seemed to be on a need-to-know basis. I passed the delighted masses with their wine and cheese and proceeded to the elevator (singular). There is only one elevator in the hotel which made for some long waits.

The room was delightfully decorated and quite spacious. A few lights were on when I entered the room, and it never ceases to amaze me how this can enhance the first impression. When it’s dark outside, and it’s been a long day, there is something to walking into a well-lit room and feeling like you are home. There were two chairs and ottomans, a desk, and king-sized bed. The décor exuded “beach boutique” – soft yellow and baby blue were the two primary colors, accentuated by a dark wood headboard and bedside stands. The furniture was in good condition. The bed was comfortable, although the rather thin comforter left me looking to generate my own body heat. Granted, it was a chilly December evening, and this is a beach hotel. If this was a ski lodge, then I would have cause to complain.

The bathroom was also generous in size. There were two sinks and abundant space for toiletries. Speaking of toiletries, the hotel provided Aveda products. These rank among my favorite, so I was thrilled to see the brand. The bathtub/shower was separated by the cost-efficient curtain. The shower curtain definitely does not lend itself to “premier”. My pretention aside, the bathroom was clean and representative of a fine hotel.

In terms of amenities, wireless internet was included. I connected to the network in seconds and found the speed to be more than adequate. The flat screen television included approximately 60 channels, although most were still of the analog variety. In addition to the aforementioned wine and cheese, breakfast is also included in the rate. I wasn’t particularly enchanted with the offerings or lack thereof. The hot items consisted of potatoes, ham, and oatmeal. There was a small assortment of pastries and cereals. I would qualify the breakfast as on par with Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn. On the plus side, breakfast hours were extended due to the marathon – a much appreciated gesture.

Since it was the off-season, the pool was closed, and the beach chairs were in the parking garage. Speaking of which, there is no charge for parking. I’m pleased that this hotel has not adopted the nickel-and-dime approach which main big box hotels have embraced. I arrived early, so I did not have an issue finding a spot. However, when I returned to look for something in my vehicle, I noticed that all spots were taken. I also noticed a sign on the door – “Please observe the one car per guest room policy.” This seemed reasonable. I read further – “Unauthorized vehicles will be towed without notifying the owner”. This didn’t seem very welcoming. I couldn’t help but think that there is a more customer-friendly way to get across the same point. For example, “Please make sure you display the hotel parking sign to avoid an unfortunate tow”. My point is that the language exuded a negative vibe.

In summary, the rooms exceeded my expectation. The bathroom was quite spacious and contained my favorite toiletries. The price/value ratio, with the various inclusions, is reasonable. What’s not to like? There are a few issues which independently are inconsequential. However, when taken in the aggregate, the result is a four-star experience or just short of earning the “premier” billing.

Pros: Beach boutique décor, complimentary happy hour and breakfast

Cons: Amiable but not personable vibe, one elevator, breakfast on par with budget hotel

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed two nights at this quality hotel. We had a very large bright room with a large window, a couch, a comfortable chair and king size bed with more pillows than I could count. The bath had a large walk in shower which is very convenient for us given our "young" age. The breakfast was provided, not great but more than adequate. We were surprised when they indicated that my son and his girl could go to breakfast with us for no additional fee, nice touch. They served snacks, wine and cheese and cookies everyday around 5 pm and I believe they had coffee available all day long. The bottled water in the room was complimentary. All these little perks added up to a nice stay and the warmth of the gas fireplace took the chill off the November weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed in Rehoboth for a weekend in the Fall. I booked the hotel based on their website and the reviews of the hotel on this website. The hotel looked exactly like it did in the pictures and the hotel description was accurate. This hotel was top notch (considering that it's located in a shore town). Everything was neat, clean, and modern. There's on street parking and an underground parking garage with an elevator. The lobby was welcoming with music playing, a seating area, and a fireplace. The staff was helpful and made local restaurant suggestions. They even provided sample menus. The room was spacious, neatly decorated, and well lit. The bathroom was very nice. Our room had a large walk in shower with soft, fluffy towels. The bed was comfortable. There were some complimentary breakfast foods in the morning and some cheese, crackers, and wine in the afternoon. I hope to return in the Spring. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I chose this hotel based upon other reviews, and wasn't disappointed! The location was convenient to shopping and dining, the room was spacious (balcony room) and well maintained, and the housekeeping/administrative staff were lovely.

When I return to Rehoboth, this is where I will stay from now on!

Room Tip: Some of the balconies face Rehoboth Avenue (I'm not sure if there are others on the other side o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here in August 2013. The room was very spacious for our family of 3 (2 adults, 12 year old girl). Room was spotless, linens were nice, bath products are aveda, and service was polite and efficient. I hjave stayed on teh boardwalk and this hotel outshines others by orders of magnitude. I didn't think I would like the aspect of the shuttle to the beach, but it was quick, and they provide chairs and towels, so there is no hassle with hauling all the beach stuff--you hop on a cart with your stuff and they bring you straight to the boardwalk. The breakfast had many options. The one thing that was disappointing was the pool, which is quite small and was pretty busy later in the day. Overall we really liked the accommodations and next time we visit, we will stay at Hotel Rehoboth, for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Rehoboth? Share your experiences!