“Not Bad for the Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Rehoboth
You added Hotel Rehoboth to your Saves list
247 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not Bad for the Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

In another location this would be a somewhat-above-average basic hotel. For Rehoboth it's very good. The good points:

Clean, clean, clean. Nice sized rooms. Lots of good towels. Nice shuttle to the beach. Breakfast included. Comfortable beds.

Less good:

Breakfast is okay. A couple of cereals, yogurt (all with sugar), weak coffee, breads, NICE fruit, and a hot dish of minimal quality. Still, it's great not to have to go out and pay extra. Beds have nice linens, but use only a comforter that's too hot for summer weather. A top sheet would be nice - even though it wouldn't be European, I know.

There's a tiny pool. Our room was quiet, despite a gaggle of kids in the one adjoining.

In short, nice enough, but hardly luxurious. The $ you pay are because it's the beach. Fair enough, I guess.

Room Tip: No view from the back rooms, but they are QUIET.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Clean, nice and basic hotel. They jack up the prices over the weekend. Probably the best that Rehoboth has to offer. WoUld come back again. Try to avoid rooms located on Route 1 (quite noisy).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and sons decided on a Friday
they wanted to go to
the beach. With little notice it had to be close. I am always hesitant when it comes to beaches near Washington Dc. as they are usually too rowdy and quite honestly not the cleanest of places. The Rehoboth Hotel is new and the rooms on the 3rd floor we impeccable. We had the double queen suite 304, and our boys had the regular -315. The suite has a little more seating area and a larger bathroom. The service was excellent. I had trouble with the Kerug coffee machine, and out of the blue the Director of HK came in and fixed it. She happened to be stopping by to see if everything was to our satisfaction. The bathroom is clean, granite counter, and basically a standard in the 4 star hotels in the large cities but a rare luxury in beach hotels. It is a little more expensive than hotels on the boardwalk but well worth it to someone who wants a boutique style stay, not the typical 'motel resorts' nightmares. There is free parking in front of the hotel or one floor below in ths garage. It is small but tastefully decorated and they offered beverage - cheese at 5pm. A small heated pool, and the complimentary breakfast were adequate. A shuttle took us and picked us up from the beach. They provided us with chairs and towels, and came to pick us up with a phone call. Great staff, whom you feel really want you to be comfortable. The breakfast consisted of eggs and grits one day and egg quiche and potatoes the other with an assortment of breads, spreads, cereal, coffee, etc. With six of us, it was a money saver. The restaurant inside the hotel is Italian and upscale - read good reviews. We ate grotto pizza the first night - average, and Finns seafood (next to the hotel) the second night. My family enjoyed it and it was family friendly. I didn't think the food was very good. Try the local cafes a few blocks down. The beach boardwalk is a ten minute and very enjoyable walk. Overall, a very nice Sat - Mon outing.

• Stayed June 2013
Cheltenham, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Rehoboth for a short get away. The decor of the hotel and the cleanliness was extraordinary. The room were very well maintained and the front desk personnel were very professional. The hotel even provides a little happy hour for its guest with free wine and snacks. Water pressure in the shower was good and the bathroom was inviting. This hotel is located about two blocks away from the beach but is situated in the heart of the strip.

Overall, this is a great place to stay when you good to Rehoboth Beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel was very nice, but I feel strongly that I was misled on the room cost and the reservation agent was duplicitous in telling me the full cost.

When I made the reservation, I said we would need 2 nights and that we needed a king bed and a room with a shower (I am mildly handicapped and find hotel tubs hard to navigate for getting in and out). She had explained the cost for the room was $319 and I mentioned 2 nights. At no point did she say that it was for only 1 night. Hence, when going to check out we were charged $319 again for a second night in the room. I explained and she seemed to not care saying that was the rate. While the hotel was nice, the room was not worth $319 a night.

I wont recommend the hotel not because of the hotel itself or even most of the staff there, but the woman at the front desk who claimed to take my reservation duped me and then didn't care afterwards.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Shea4HR, Manager at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
I am very sorry you felt as if the room rate was not made clear to you. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and stay, however we are a seasonal boutique hotel in town Rehoboth. I don't know if you checked on line or at any other hotels in town but I assure you, you were not intenionally "duped" or misled. We do thank you and appreciate your business. Best Regards, Hotel Rehoboth Staff and management.
Newark, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Rehoboth for a girls weekend and it was great. It was clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. The only complaint I have it that the bed was so soft, it wsa comfortable but my back hurt in the morning. Desite a little back pain, I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Oakton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you are looking for a great hotel in Rehoboth, look no further. The Hotel Rehoboth is a wonderful modern property. Well maintained, it's always been a great place to spend a few nights.

My wife and I visited last weekend and opted for room 206, which comes with a nice balcony, complete with a chaise lounge for two. Bedding was extremely comfortable and the bathroom and shower were just perfect. The Hotel was just spotless.

Didn't take advantage of the free breakfast, nor the wine/cheese happy hour, but many visitors did. The small pool on the second floor will be great in the summer, I'm sure.

There is PLENTY of parking under the building. Safe and clean. A perfect place to leave your ride for the weekend.

Dogfish Head and several nice restaurants close by, but you can't go wrong with Lupe De Mare on the first floor of the hotel. Wonderful food and wine.

HIGHLY recommend the property. We have been going to Rehoboth for almost ten years and we've finally discovered the place where we can call home while we're there.

Room Tip: room 206 has the balcony. there are a few others on that floor as well. Non smoking hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple