“Nice Hotel,but Duplicitous Staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Rehoboth
247 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #5 of 29 hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Fairfax, Virginia
“Nice Hotel,but Duplicitous Staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel was very nice, but I feel strongly that I was misled on the room cost and the reservation agent was duplicitous in telling me the full cost.

When I made the reservation, I said we would need 2 nights and that we needed a king bed and a room with a shower (I am mildly handicapped and find hotel tubs hard to navigate for getting in and out). She had explained the cost for the room was $319 and I mentioned 2 nights. At no point did she say that it was for only 1 night. Hence, when going to check out we were charged $319 again for a second night in the room. I explained and she seemed to not care saying that was the rate. While the hotel was nice, the room was not worth $319 a night.

I wont recommend the hotel not because of the hotel itself or even most of the staff there, but the woman at the front desk who claimed to take my reservation duped me and then didn't care afterwards.

Shea4HR, Manager at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
I am very sorry you felt as if the room rate was not made clear to you. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and stay, however we are a seasonal boutique hotel in town Rehoboth. I don't know if you checked on line or at any other hotels in town but I assure you, you were not intenionally "duped" or misled. We do thank you and appreciate your business. Best Regards, Hotel Rehoboth Staff and management.

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Newark, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Rehoboth for a girls weekend and it was great. It was clean, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. The only complaint I have it that the bed was so soft, it wsa comfortable but my back hurt in the morning. Desite a little back pain, I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Oakton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you are looking for a great hotel in Rehoboth, look no further. The Hotel Rehoboth is a wonderful modern property. Well maintained, it's always been a great place to spend a few nights.

My wife and I visited last weekend and opted for room 206, which comes with a nice balcony, complete with a chaise lounge for two. Bedding was extremely comfortable and the bathroom and shower were just perfect. The Hotel was just spotless.

Didn't take advantage of the free breakfast, nor the wine/cheese happy hour, but many visitors did. The small pool on the second floor will be great in the summer, I'm sure.

There is PLENTY of parking under the building. Safe and clean. A perfect place to leave your ride for the weekend.

Dogfish Head and several nice restaurants close by, but you can't go wrong with Lupe De Mare on the first floor of the hotel. Wonderful food and wine.

HIGHLY recommend the property. We have been going to Rehoboth for almost ten years and we've finally discovered the place where we can call home while we're there.

Room Tip: room 206 has the balcony. there are a few others on that floor as well. Non smoking hotel.
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a spur of the moment getaway and it looked like we could not find a room at any of our usual favorites. This was good news, because we had to look further. No need to look further than the Hotel Rehoboth.

This hotel is right downtown. We parked our car until we left and walked everywhere. Despite being downtown, the rooms are all but sound proof. We had the last room available but heard absolutely nothing from other rooms or from the street.

Service: The front staff were friendly, welcoming, and very accommodating. We wanted to go to Sunday Happy Hour at Fins Fish House next door and they let us park our car in their lot after checkout.

Lobby: What a knock out entrance. Beautiful, tasteful, fine furnishing, including a grand piano. Wine and cheese snacks for the guests.

Breakfast: A perfect selection of fruit, quiche, baked goods, and the usual entrees.

Beds: Incredible comfort.

Guest rooms: Again, tastefully and beautifully furnished, and HUGE. Spotless. Great bathrooms and amenities. Flowers in the bathroom and bedroom.

Evidently in beach weather the hotel supplies beach chairs, towels and a ride on a surrey (with a fringe on top) to the beach. Call them and they come and pick you up. Pure hedonistic indulgence!

We really can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Book early, the place is popular.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent a night at Hotel Rehoboth in March of this year (2013). I chose this time as it was "off season" and I wanted to check this hotel out. Boy, was I pleased! It is absolutely beautiful. The staff is amazing and more than willing to make your stay as great as possible. Parking is easy, even in the underground garage. You are within walking distance from the beach, many shops and of course, Starbucks right across the street!

The room was lovely with a rear balcony. Not much of a view but very private - although it was a little too cold to really use it. The linens and bedding are soft, comfortable and luxurious. There was a nice chair with ottoman in the room which proved to be perfect for reading in the evening. The bathroom was clean and very nicely appointed; the towels were so soft and absorbent.

There is wine and cheese available in the late afternoon and, although I didn't indulge, many people did and seemed to be having a great time. It was chilly enough to have the fireplace litin the common area and it was very welcoming.

The morning breakfast bar served many delicious foods and wonderful smooth, hot coffee. I did not, however, have opportunity to try the in-house restaurant. I will next time.

All in all, I love it and will definitely return in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Hotel Rehoboth, and we liked it just as much as the first time. It is quite luxurious with several amenities such a breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese. It's located a few blocks from the ocean, but we didn't mind the walk since there are several wonderful shops on the way!

Room Tip: We learned that "suite size" does not mean it is actually a suite!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

It is a nice boutique hotel. Good service But the breakfast was blah!
The hotel is located at a great location. Loved it. The restaurant attached to the hotel is top rated.
It is close to the boardwalk and shopping as well as the bars

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Rehoboth? Share your experiences!