“Elegant lovely hotel on the main drag” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Rehoboth
You added Hotel Rehoboth to your Saves list
247 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City
“Elegant lovely hotel on the main drag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel is very attractive from the outside and in. They do little extras to make the trip easier and fun like a clean and interesting shuttle to run guests to the beach and a library of dvd movies. Our bedroom was really lovely. It was large with free wifi and the highest quality beds, linens and pillows. The bathroom as well was large, accommodating and attractive.

The breakfast was nothing special but not bad either. In comparing the the Bellmoor where we stayed for 4 nights and this hotel, I would say we preferred the bedrooms and bathrooms of this hotel but preferred the breakfast (a feature at the Bellmoor) and the public rooms of the Bellmoor.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed in Room 403 which had 2 queen beds and faced Rehoboth Avenue. The room was over sized with a huge bathroom with double sinks. Everything in the whole establishment looked brand new and spotless. The check in was quick and friendly. Hardly heard any street noise during the night coming from Rehoboth Avenue. The turn down service with chocolate was a nice touch. Housekeeping was thorough, attentive and responsive. To make your day on the beach even more relaxing, chairs and towels are provided as well as a cool ride on the electric shuttle car. When you want to return to the hotel, you just give the front desk a call and the driver picks you up in no time. This was a great service. It was so nice to be able to park the car and walk or be driven to everything. After a day on the beach, the evening reception with wine, cheese, crackers and cookies was timely and hit the spot. The entire staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The atmosphere was relaxing and comfortable. Definitely plan to stay at this hotel again next season.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Danville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel itself is top-notch, beautiful, friendly employees, shuttle back and forth to beach, clean, decor is great---five stars! I booked our room in March so I was sure to get one of the two oversized balconies, since it is a great treat for my husband and I to sit out there in the evening, relax, something our hectic lives don't allow otherwise. The day before we left, it looked rainy so I took the cushions off the balcony furniture and put them in our room, so they would be dry and we could sit out there that evening, I was surprise when we came in later, in the rain to find someone had put them back on the balcony, I even mentioned to cleaning staff,that I removed them so they wouldn't get wet, went to front desk that night to see if they had any dry cushions they did not. Mentioned incident when checking out,asked if they would possibly give us a $50. Credit on our $1500.+ bill( rooms w/o balcony $50 cheaper) manager basically told me she couldn't control mother nature, also told me she was in our room checking something?? And she put the cushions back on even though it was going to rain. She did take my cell # and told me twice she would talk to one of the owners and I would hear from her that day, it's two days later, no call. I proceeded to checkout and questioned my bill when it was $50 higher than receipt I was emailed @ time of booking, was told Sunday now qualifies as weekend night and they are more, they did remove $50 for that, bill was $4. Higher which would be the tax on that $50, but at that point I was so frustrated I paid it and left. The $50 is not the issue, the issue is the integrity of the manager, I deserved the phone call, it's ashame we stayed there before and it was wonderful, I guess twice was asking too much.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Booked the only King 2-room suite in the hotel for 2 adults and our 2 children. Very spacious, clean rooms decorated very tastefully. TWO full baths with granite counters and shower, double vanity. 2 flat panel tvs, one king bed and one pull-out sofa in other room. Nice size mini-fridge for storing sandwiches, snacks, drinks. Ray provided us with great shuttle service each day. Complimentary beach chairs and towels. A simple phone call when we were done at the beach and we were picked up in minutes. Wine and cheese every evening and complimentary breakfast every morning. Staff was so professional. Small pool, which the kids loved, was great except for being right above the neighboring restaurant's dumpsters. Highly recommended upscale hotel for families or couples! Cannot beat the location! We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Just walking in to this boutique like hotel you know you picked the right place. It was worthy of a 5 star rating ...but a few little things still worth mentioning added to a one star drop.
But first the good stuff. All of the reviews were right on about location, shuttle service, not having to get back in the car, great fluffy towels, extremely clean hotel, friendly staff etc. so no need to be repetitious.
First the pool review...Yes, the pool is tiny but also happy to have the pool option! It is not life guarded and unfortunately rules clearly posted are ignored by selfish guests. So the woman who let her kid swim in the pool with diapers on (rules said no diapers) ...grossed the rest of us out. We left and so did another couple. The first day the stinking smell from the fish restaurant next door got to us and we left that day too. Since the pool is tiny the kids jumping in (rules said no jumping) was annoying! Perhaps on busy days someone should see to it the rules are followed.
Our room/suit was beautiful and very comfy. My husband (a tough critic on hotel rooms) was very impressed from the minute we walked in! The bed was great! Unfortunately, it was hard to regulate the loud air conditioner. The room was either too hot or too cold...no in between!
You could see the effort put into the breakfast buffet and options changed daily but still lacked umph. In fact the last day of our stay we walked in for breakfast and just left without eating. I agree with another review ...other less expensive hotels do this better.
We appreciated the shuttle ride with chairs and towels to the beach but on our last beach day we figured out to go to north end of the beach (at the end of the boardwalk) as it was far less crowded there!!!!! Our driver said on less busy times it is fine to be dropped off elsewhere.
I loved the cleanliness of the hotel! They do this exceptionally well! Our room was cleaned even at turn down service! Gotta love that!
Wine and cheese happy hour was a nice touch but I was kinda hoping the baby grand piano would be played during this time. I also pictured more of a social hour but guestsv really did not stick around as not enough seating. Luckily for us...the one day a young guest played and she was so good she drew an audience! That was my most favorite wine and cheese time!
In summary, I wanted to rate this hotel a 5 star and they came close but for the price I had to be more critical. We will be back again and again!

• Stayed July 2012
Dunedin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I treated ourselves to a little overnight luxury at Rehoboth Beach. We have stayed at many hotels/motels/rentals in Rehoboth over the years. We saw the construction of the Hotel Rehoboth and thought - great looking hotel but a little far from the beach/boardwalk. The owners figured a way around that very nicely by offering complimentary shuttle (open air) service to and from the beach/boardwalk. Since we were only there overnight and don't mind walking we did not use the service but we saw several people who did and the driver was very nice. We did take part in the complimentary wine/cheese evening service. There was a nice selection of cheese, crackers, grapes and white wine. For the non drinkers (and younger guests) they had apple juice and lemon infused water. The staff is very friendly and professional. The turn down service - complete with chocolate truffles greeted us on our return from dinner. My husband loved how "quiet" the entire hotel was compared to others. Budget rooms sometime fit the bill but if you are looking for a special treat I would recommend Hotel Rehoboth. Would definitely stay again - and again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Convention Center get the morning sun - not the afternoon.