“Great Staff at Very Comfortable Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Rehoboth
You added Hotel Rehoboth to your Saves list
247 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971   |
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“Great Staff at Very Comfortable Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

This was our first stay at The Hotel Rehoboth. Stayed here because our regular place was full and it seems like this will be our hotel of choice from now on. The staff is terrific. Always pleasant, always helpful. The rooms are kept beautifully with an evening touch-up during turn-down service. I usually have problems with a/c in hotel rooms (too noisy, not effective, etc.) but theirs was quiet and refreshing. The breakfast (included) was very good. Appreciated that each morning offered a different hot selection. Yes, it is a bit costly, but not prohibitive given the size of the room we had (suite sized king). Two minor complaints - first, the wake-up service never worked. Tried 4 times and even after reporting the problem it was never resolved. Second, the pool isn't a true swimming pool. Too small for that. It's more of a cool-off pool after lying on the sun deck for a long period of time. Neither, though, would keep me from returning. Some people may feel it's bit removed from the boardwalk and ocean, but we timed it as a 10-minute walk. If you can't manage that, they provide shuttle service during certain hours. The Hotel Rehoboth was a very pleasant discovery.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Was a bit skeptical with the overly-glowing reviews on Trip Advisor, thinking it might be "too good to be true." But the reviewers did indeed get everything right about the Hotel Rehoboth. Very clean rooms, exceptionally courteous and kind staff, and comfortable beds. Two block walk to the beach is actually a really nice walk, not bad at all despite other reviewers. This hotel really does defy everything you've come to be scared about with "beach hotels."

Room Tip: Avoid balcony rooms in rear of hotel
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

This hotel is very nice, especially for a beach resort. Great location.....can walk easily everywhere, very clean and ambiance of hotel is very, very nice. Our king room was large and bathroom very nice as well. Only negative was the old fashioned A/C unit which was very noisy....hotel as new as this one should have central air. Our breakfast was very good and dining area very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We come away very happy with the staff and facilities at Hotel Rehoboth. My wife and I stayed with our two year old, which might not be the target demographic for a "boutique hotel" (a moniker that the staff conspicuously used), but we were warmly received and attended to. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, although the response to a recommendation for an ice cream shop seemed a bit off. The cleaning staff was thorough, prompt, and friendly. I hardly notice turn down service on business trips, but the dinnertime refreshing provided here goes a long way staying at the beach with a family. The shuttle service to the beach was also prompt, on an adorable electric golf cart with friendly drivers. Complementary beach chairs and towels are much appreciated. The lobby happy hour is a really nice touch, too. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The bed and linens were very comfortable

The breakfast got a bit dull after a few days but was otherwise perfectly apt. The pool is tiny, but pleasant and clean and also perfectly apt. The big downside to the hotel is that it has restaurants neighboring each side, and the smell of restaurant garbage was readily apparent at both the pool and the balcony/windows of our room, which were on different sides of the hotel. This made the balcony unusable and open windows unacceptable in our room, but the pool wasn't quite as overwhelmed by the smell. Also, the hotel is a block away from the volunteer fire department, which still uses an old-school air raid siren for communications; of course the siren blared out in the middle of nap time and ruined an otherwise well-executed day plan around a two-year-old's schedule. I recommend that the hotel management lobby the city council harder to get something done about that—it's 2011, there are plenty of robust and affordable communications options available to ensure public safety that obviate air raid sirens, particularly in a beach resort.

Beyond the proximity to the ridiculous air-raid siren and odious restaurant effluent, the hotel location on the main street is great. There are great restaurants (ironically, not the ones producing the smell) very nearby, and the beach is only a few blocks away. Even the restaurant in the hotel is good. You're close enough to the beach to get there and back in a leisurely stroll, but far enough away to be apart from the hoi polloi. We found Rehoboth to be neither too downmarket nor too fabulous to enjoy, and had a wonderful time.

Although it seems to try too hard in some very subtle ways, and it has a few uncontrollable (although some avoidable) flaws, Hotel Rehoboth delivers on its boutique hotel aspirations and is a very pleasant place to stay that comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing neighboring restaurant rears
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Very upscale hotel with friendly atmosphere. Extremely clean, bed felt like I was sleeping on a cloud Staff was very honest and professional. Room 201

• Stayed June 2011
Medford, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Please read this entire review because it is an amazing hotel. Just get through the first couple paragraphs.

I booked this hotel for Memorial Day Weekend after I was referred by another hotel in Rehoboth. I assumed I would not get a room because it was getting close to the holiday weekend. I went online and requested a room with two queen beeds for 4 people from Saturday to Monday. The website came back saying the room was available and gave me a price for the two nights. I quickly called the kennel to make sure there was room for the dog and paid my deposit. I also then went and booked the ferry for both ways. Once I knew I had these things booked I went to finalize the hotel booking and it said I needed to do a 3 night minimum. This really annoyed me since I was advised by the website that the two nights were availalbe and quoted me a price.

I called the hotel and they acknowleged that there was a 3 night minimum and the website quoting me a price and room available was a "flaw." However, the gentleman I spoke with said he would talk to the owner and have someone call me back to help with our reservation since it was an issue on their end. I did not receive a phone call after 5 days and became angry so I called back since I had already paid $200 in non-refundable deposits for the kennel and ferry based on the hotel's website.

This second phone call turned our experience completely around. I spoke with a very nice lady with an accent who promised to help me and have someone call me right back. I did receive a phone call promptly and spoke with the manager. We discussed my experience and he did everything in his power to find me a room for the nights requested. He was able to give us two rooms at a reasonable price so I was happy. (This is why I'm glad I called to give them a second chance)

Check in at the front desk was very pleasant and accomodating. I also must say, this hotel is absolutely SPOTLESS. There is not a scuff mark on the floors or walls, not a stain on any carpet, not a crack in any tile or wall. Plus the little things they offer make the price very affordable in my opinion. Free breakfast, free wine/cheese in the evening, free beach chairs and towels, free shuttle to the beach, free parking.

We used the shuttle twice and were driven by Hunter. He is an excellent employee who is pleasant, polite and willing to answer any of your questions. They gave us our chairs and towels once we got off the shuttle at the beach. This is so much nicer then lugging your chairs and towels around all vacation.

Another small thing that I consider a huge plus is ALL the emloyees had smiles on their faces and always greeted you or sent you off with a friendly smile or wave. The beds and linens were very soft and comfortable allowing for great sleep. Also, plenty of towels in the bathroom and the AVEDA ammenities were great.

Overall, we had a shaky beginning experience but it was completely turned around. It should be noted that sometimes things just happen like the website booking issue. It's how they respond and correct the issue that makes the difference. Hotel Rehoboth ultimately came through and we even booked this hotel for July 4!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a place for the weekend to both relax and have great dinners and a bit of a night life ( escape from our 4 kids) and we loved it here! Wonderful free continental breakfast in morning, beach all day, complimentary wine in the evening before dinner....what's not to like?? Room was immaculate! Loved every minute of our stay! Hotel staff was extremely helpful in recommending dinner selections. Can not wait to come back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Rehoboth? Share your experiences!