“Consider a private lesson” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Learn to ride the waves at the Delaware shore's only boarding school. This is a great way for individuals to experience the beauty of the ocean and Delaware beaches; however we're more than happy to accommodate larger groups, such as families of all sizes, wedding parties and friends!
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, United States
“Consider a private lesson”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

If the group lesson contains people of wide abilities, don't go with a group lesson. My just 9 year old son's lesson was terminated because they were concerned. I had proactively told them my son has Aspergers, and he might be nervous or say inappropriate things. He was doing great, but he was the youngest (others in the group were 14, and 3 40ish women). He needed extra help not because of the Aspergers, but because he wasn't as fit or confident as the others in the group. I am still waiting to reschedule or have a refund after several attempts to contact the school via email and phone.

Visited August 2012

San Francisco, California
“Totally Radical, if Conditions are Right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011 via mobile

We really enjoyed our surfing lesson onthe day we could actually have it. We didn't appreciate in advance how dependent on the weather and conditions that lessons would be. I was hesitant to pay in advance for the 3 lessons, but relinquished when the owner told me that they typically sold out weeks in advance. Imagine my surprise when everyone else paid after the lesson on the day we went. I got over being forced to pre-pay and was excited for my next lessons... But they never happened. Conditions weren't suitable the rest of the week. We (again) were surprised because the waves were huge as we chilled on the beach - but maybe they're too big for beginners. All in all, Peter is a consummate professional and is very good to deal with. Be prepared for ambiguity in scheduling and a few misses if the weather/waves aren't cooperating. But if you can deal with that, the experience is great and the instructors are fantastic.

Olney, Maryland
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Pete and his instructors are awesome. My dad and I have been going for years and he is one of the best, most fun instructors I have ever had. He is a great teacher and really knows his stuff. And he doesn't just teach to you and send you off. He gives you tips and ways to better your surfing.

Without a doubt, one of the best instructors I have had in anything.

Visited July 2010
Vienna, Virginia
141 attraction reviews
“A First-Timers Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I booked group lessons for my daughter (16) and son (13) with the Boarding School's owner, Peter for Monday, August 24th. We were vacationing at Rehoboth Beach and I wanted to give the kids a chance to check out surf boarding. Hurricane Bill had impacted the area enough to cause such rough surf and strong rip tides that our lesson was moved to Tuesday (we had the option for a full refund). We met at a specified location and were taken by van to a State Park area where surfing is allowed. Our instructor 'Ryan' gave the kids about 10 minutes of safety and basic boarding instruction while still on the beach and then headed into the ocean with our kids for about an hour and a half of surfing (my daughter had had her fill after about an hour and 15 minutes). Ryan was great with the kids and they had just a great experience. Of note: the waves are NOT huge, but were perfect for beginners. My husband got caught up in all the excitement and wants to give it a try next year (he will be joined for a repeat with my son).

I cannot stress enough what a professional environment this was. We had a slight mix up surrounding our first lesson and the cancelation due to Hurricane Bill. The owner of the school himself called to apologize and more than made up for the slight inconvenience we had undergone due to the misunderstanding. I tend to evaluate a good company not only on the quality of the service I receive, but on the way problems are handled should they arise. The boarding school gets an A+ in both areas. We look forward to doing business with them next year.