“Gourmet food for lunch!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantwell's Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 3 restaurants in Odessa
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Just opened to the public on December 14, 2011. Located in the historic Hotel in the historical disrict encompassing The Historic Houses of Odessa. Holiday atmosphere is festive for the whole town.
Canton, Ohio
“Gourmet food for lunch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

After doing the xmas tour of the historic Odessa homes, our guide suggested the tavern for lunch.....what a great way to finish a lovely day in this little town. The food was excellent, best coffee I have had for a long time, and the waitress was attentive but not constantly interuppting. Historic homes and tavern a great combination for a great day!

86% Recommend
Bayside, New York
“Wonderful dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I showed up on a Saturday night without a reservation and we were seated immediately. Combined, we had an appetizer, two sandwiches and two beers for exactly $50 with tip. The service was prompt (except for the last ten minutes) and the food was delicious. If you enjoy cheddar cheese or like jalapeño poppers, then I highly recommend the tasty fried aged cheddar bites (although it was $8 for five small pieces, the sweet jalapeño sauce it came with became good for dipping bread). My husband had a crab cake sandwich with potato salad and I had the delicious sausage sandwich (kielbasa with spicy mustard and an onion and bacon marmalade that was INCREDIBLE!). Overall, it was a lovely dinner in a great old-fashioned atmosphere (I forgot to mention that they sat us next to one of the fireplaces!). If I am in Delaware again, I will definitely visit again!

Dover, Delaware
“Yummylicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Goofy title I know, but I was trying to sum it all up in one word. Wow! Took hubby here for a special night out, just us. Everything was just delicious. We loved everything about our meal.
We got the Charcuterie board, which I highly recommend. We both got the crab cakes dinner and shared an order of brussell sprouts. Yummy!! Food was fresh and just wonderful, we both love farm-to-table restaurants. We can't wait to come back again, maybe for a Sunday Brunch.

We are not drinkers, but I can say they have a huge variety of local brews and flavored beers.

Built in 1822 Cantwell’s Bridge Hotel and Tavern operated as such for 100 years. One thing I learned was that the proceeds from the restaurant’s lease will benefit the Historic Odessa Foundation’s historic preservation efforts and educational programming. What a great concept.

The only negative thing I can say is that I absolutely HATE their chairs. Hate them. I know the bowback style chairs are (somewhat) period, but they are SO terribly uncomfortable. Honestly, if the food wasn't so darn good, I probably would not come back just because of the chairs.

Delaware
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have been here three times now and on each visit have found both the food and the service to be consistently great. I really like the diverse menu which affords dinners the option of having a casual meal like sandwiches or burgers or more traditional entree. I would highly recommend checking this spot out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Middletown, Delaware
“Good menu, but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We visited once for dinner on a Sunday. Dining room was not busy. Adequate service, interesting menu but pricey for what you get. I may return for special occasion but not as a regular diner.

Visited August 2012