“Great Restaurant for a Delicious Dinner and an Amazing Breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of D'Ortone's Homestyle Italian Restaurant & Tap

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 20 Restaurants in Ocean View
Cuisines: American
Lewes, Delaware
“Great Restaurant for a Delicious Dinner and an Amazing Breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've been to this place two times and went for a third last weekend with my girlfriend. I hold this restaurant to high standards being that everytime I have been here the food and service have been off the charts. I've had favorites such as the lasagna and chicken parm, but this time I tried the Chicken Florentine special and it was great. You can definitely tell everything is homemade and cooked to order by the tenderness of the cutlets all the way to the flavor of his "homemade gravy" and sauteed spinach. On top of the great meal you get your choice of soup or salad, and I always go with the soup because the Italian Wedding soup is top notch and can't be beat. My girlfriend had the chicken brushetta which was also very good. I finished what she could not, and I have to say that it is definitely on my list of dinners to try next.

Also, since they started serving breakfast again we decided to try it out. The first thing I noticed was that their menu was updated and had more of a selection on it. New items were stuffed french toast, new combo meals, wider variety of omelettes, and I also think they put different kinds of oatmeal on the menu. I got the kitchen sink omelette which had a range of different toppings cooked right inside, and my girlfriend got the stuffed french toast. I know breakfast is much easier to cook than dinner, but I have to say breakfast at D'Ortone's seems better this time around! I will most definitely be back for breakfast again!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ocean City, Maryland
“ICE COLD MICROWAVE FOOD AT BEST !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not sure why i even went but a few people said it was good and a few said it was not so good so i decided to judge for myself .These guys have sauce from cans and put herbs in it .the service was slow and they acted like the were doing us a favor . Would rather support a local not someone from outside who doesnt care about the true locals !! the food tasted like microwave food from walmart . Do yourself a favor save your money !! . I wouldnt go back if it were free !!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ocean View, Delaware
“Great Sunday specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I went for dinner Sunday evening. Sunday dinner special included an appetizer, salad, entree and desert. The food was excellent. The meal was prepared very well and is definitely hand prepared. No corners cut here. I had the spaghetti with a meatball and my wife had baked rigatoni with a meatball. We both agreed that it was one of the better Italian meals we had in quite awhile. Hats off to the staff for a great meal.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pocono Lake, Pennsylvania
“Don't go for the charming venue - go for the delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Went to D'Ortone's for Valantine's Day. Tanqueray & Tonics were perfect, bruschetta appetizer was delicious. I had the cod covered with bruschetta and a side of homemade fresh pasta. Do not remember having an Italian dinner this good. Around the corner from Hickman's liquor store on Cedar Neck Road in Ocean View. Canoli for desert - wished they had a cappacino or expresso and you can save yourself a trip to Florence.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, Virginia
“Real Italian -- Spicy Sauce (Gravy!)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A little hard to find, but worth it -- a nice little place run by real Italians from Philly....i tried the pasta dish with spicy sauce -- very good. my wife ate the egglant -- delicious. great subs and other pasta dishes. not really a bar, but a restaurant. good food. good service. nice varied italian menu. i recommned real italians go there.

• Visited August 2012