“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Newark
Bear, Delaware
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of our honeymoon. We had a great experience. The location is within close proximity to shopping and local sights. We had a lovely breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The food was delicious. The hotel staff was very accommodating and pleasant. I would highly recommend this hotel to others

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

The beauty of the location, the attractiveness of the facility from the pond to the courtyard to the rooms coupled with the extremely efficient and pleasant staff make the Hilton Wilmington/Christiana the best of the best. An amazing additional benefit is the quality of the food at attractive prices and the expertise of the staff in the restaurant. As a fifty to sixty night per year hotel guest, one just doesn't see this quality in a hotel restaurant. Can't provide a higher recommendation than the one provided for this hotel and its wonderful staff.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I stay in a lot of hotels accorss the country and this is the first hotel I am writing a review for. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This started with our check in and an invitation to a free wine and cheese event in the lobby. The room was spacious and had good pillows. The only negative would be that we had trouble keeping the room temperure regulated, but this is such a common problem in hotels that I really did not notice it.

The highlight was the hotel dining room. Unpretentious, friendly and family priced. I do not normally eat in the hotels I stay in but I am glad I ate here. It was so good that I made sure I ate breakfast there also and was not disappointed.

I am looking forward to my next trip to this hotel and their restaurant.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

At a very reasonable price the room was great. It was clean, quiet and had upgraded amenities. The service was outstanding in all areas. The hotel, restaurant, bar, and front desk staff was professional, courteous and friendly. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome and at home.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

We came in with a reservation and were greeted by Michelle at the front desk. She was friendly and helpful and made our check in easy. When we went to our room, we opened the door and it was like walking in to a little slice of heaven. The room was clean, smelled wonderful, everything was nice and placed nicely...my husband said, "...this is OUR room...". We were trying to figure out how to take the bed home with us. Breakfast was so much nicer than some boxed cereal, stale bagels & defrosted pastries. If I had any complaints, it was that the coffee was more like hot water someone might have tossed a coffee bean into, but the attendant went to the kitchen and brought back 2 fresh cups of lovely black java. Thank you so much.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

I've stayed at many, many hotels over the last 30 years or so, for both business and pleasure, and there has not been one that had a hotel staff as attentive as the Christiana Hilton. I was amazed, day after day, at the level of courtesy, respect and concern for the quality of my hotel experience that was displayed by this team.

All of the staff were exceptional, bar none, but I must point out in particular the maintenance staff. I never experienced a single problem with anything in the room during my stay at this hotel, but still, every time I happened to pass one of the maintenance personnel in the hallway, without exception, they greeted me and inquired if everything was all right with my room.

Kudos also to the front desk staff, restaurant staff and even housekeeping, who all made we feel like an honored guest. I will definitely return to the Christiana Hilton for any travel that takes me to the Delaware area.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Harvest, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

We were delighted with our overnight stay at this Hilton, we received a very fair package that included a 4 star breakfast. The room and the Hotel were very attractive. I would reccomend this property to anyone, and I alrerady encouraged other travelors to stop there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Wilmington / Christiana? Share your experiences!