“Good for a night ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1119 South College Avenue, I-95 & SR 896, Newark, DE 19713 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn University Newark)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Newark
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Good for a night ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

After reading reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to stay here on our way to New England. Overall for the price, I would say it's good for a one night stay.

Raj is very nice and was the only one working the front desk. Our first room had an issue with a stopped up toilet. I asked for a plunger. An older man dropped one off and told us just to leave it in the room. When the plunger didn't do the trick, Raj moved us to a room a couples of doors down, with his apologies.

The rooms are older as is the building. But there is free WiFi which many pricier hotels make you pay extra for. The speed was pretty good, however the next morning the cable was out so no WiFi.

The rooms were nice and comfortable when it came to temperature. There is a small microwave and refrigerator in the room. Since it was winter, facing the pool was great. There was no outside noise.

For you tall people, the shower head in the shower is higher than many hotels so no ducking to shower. And it takes no time for the water to get hot.

That being said, it's a basic hotel. I would not want to stay multiple days, but it's good for one night.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We just stayed there for one night. The room is clean and functional. The in-room microwave and mini-fraige are plus. Some furnitures do show some ages. The free breakfast was decent with good selection.
Overall a good clean and valued hotel in the area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed here several times; the rooms are always neat and clean. Last time I was there they were doing some renovation in the lobby which was almost complete. It's nice because the rooms have indoor entrances but there are numerous entry doors so you don't have to walk a long way to your room. No elevators and multi-levels. Staff has always been friendly.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Red Roof Inn an... N, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you very much for your review. Our guests do appreciate having interior corridors with many entrances. We are only 2 levels, but a very large hotel with 134 rooms. Hope your holidays are wonderful and hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I chose this place due to its proximity to where I was working. It is a little outdated (read run-down) but clean. The staff are the nicest and most genuinely friendly hotel staff I have met in all my travels. If I had to return to the area I would consider this place again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Hello Dena,

Thank you for taking the time to leave our hotel a review. We value all of our guests' feedback. Renovations are underway and being done sections at a time. We truly apologize for our appearance. Your next trip through will show a much updated hotel. See you next time!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was really happy with my stay at this property, I checked in couple of days ago the rooms are clean and nice, best part is front desk raj is the front desk guy really cool and polite, I asked him about the good restaurants nearby , he told me about the good ones nearby and gave their menu as well, this is the hospitality all I need.
Thanks

Room Tip: first building is renovated
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Hello Naresh,

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on our team. Raj and our other team members try to assure that every guest has a positive stay with our hotel. Hope you'll come back and see us again soon.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are from Québec, Canada, we barely speak English, however we did manage to leave our computer and legal documents in the room. 3 days later when we arrived in Florida we found out that we had forgotten the computer. We did call the Inn and they had the computer. So a friend of ours called and spoked with Mr. Patel and he was kind anough to forward the computer and documents to our Florida Condo. He used UPS and we did get it the next day. Tks to the honesty of the crew at that motel we did get our computer and documents manay thanks to Mr Patel and his people.
Diane Allard from Québec City Canada.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Claude,

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to see your item was found and returned to you. Looking forward to your next stay with us. Happy Holidays!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wifi didn't work, tub was dirty, tv wasn't working right, phone was dead, and no one decided to help us!! Oh and plumbing issues.. Couldn't even sleep. I don't think I will ever go back although the jacuzzi was nice I would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed November 2014
Roxanne G, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time. We truly apologize if you had any inconvenience while staying with us. This is not the norm and we would like to hear from you directly. Please call our manager Mr. Patel at 302-368-8521 to discuss so we can make it right. Hope you will come stay with us again!

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University? Share your experiences!