“Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1119 South College Avenue, I-95 & SR 896, Newark, DE 19713 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn University Newark)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Newark
“Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed here several times; the rooms are always neat and clean. Last time I was there they were doing some renovation in the lobby which was almost complete. It's nice because the rooms have indoor entrances but there are numerous entry doors so you don't have to walk a long way to your room. No elevators and multi-levels. Staff has always been friendly.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I chose this place due to its proximity to where I was working. It is a little outdated (read run-down) but clean. The staff are the nicest and most genuinely friendly hotel staff I have met in all my travels. If I had to return to the area I would consider this place again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was really happy with my stay at this property, I checked in couple of days ago the rooms are clean and nice, best part is front desk raj is the front desk guy really cool and polite, I asked him about the good restaurants nearby , he told me about the good ones nearby and gave their menu as well, this is the hospitality all I need.
Thanks

Room Tip: first building is renovated
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are from Québec, Canada, we barely speak English, however we did manage to leave our computer and legal documents in the room. 3 days later when we arrived in Florida we found out that we had forgotten the computer. We did call the Inn and they had the computer. So a friend of ours called and spoked with Mr. Patel and he was kind anough to forward the computer and documents to our Florida Condo. He used UPS and we did get it the next day. Tks to the honesty of the crew at that motel we did get our computer and documents manay thanks to Mr Patel and his people.
Diane Allard from Québec City Canada.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wifi didn't work, tub was dirty, tv wasn't working right, phone was dead, and no one decided to help us!! Oh and plumbing issues.. Couldn't even sleep. I don't think I will ever go back although the jacuzzi was nice I would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed November 2014
Roxanne G, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time. We truly apologize if you had any inconvenience while staying with us. This is not the norm and we would like to hear from you directly. Please call our manager Mr. Patel at 302-368-8521 to discuss so we can make it right. Hope you will come stay with us again!
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is the best Red Roof Inn of them all, though some of that has to do with the fact the property was built as a Howard Johnson. So the rooms are going to be a little different, there is an interior hallway, and a dining area with complementary breakfast (not just your usual cereal and toast, but a good variety of foods including pre-made omelets).

My non-smoking room had a heavy odor of cigarette smoke, and when I brought this to the attention to the gentlemen at the front desk, he didn't hesitate to find me another room, no hassle, no questions asked. Thanks to an inconsiderate previous guest, that first room will probably have to be stripped clean and have all of its furnishings replaced. So all you smokers out there, take your nasty habit outside.

The best part of my experience at this hotel was the rate: less than $60 for a room with a microwave, fridge, and iron. It's less than a mile off of I-95, so the next time you're in the area, go no further than this property. You won't regret it!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Yes, sometimes it doesn't help when a guest may have not been as considerate as you are, but I'm pleased we were able to relocate you to another room. Hope to see you again soon!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the best Red Roof experience I've ever had! The room was so clean!! The room had at least 3 times as many cable channels to choose from than the other Red Roofs. This one had a free breakfast also! I was so pleased after being in the car over 17 hours, to be in a clean room, for under $60!! Nice neighborhood also:-) Yay!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time. Clean, comfortable at a great value is what we strive for! Come back and stay again soon!

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University? Share your experiences!