“Terrific Stay!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1119 South College Avenue, I-95 & SR 896, Newark, DE 19713 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn University Newark)   |
Ranked #11 of 22 hotels in Newark
Newark, Delaware
“Terrific Stay!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Well I really enjoyed my night out at this hotel. Although I didn't get to enjoy the pool which is open 9 am to 9 pm, I still enjoyed the other services. Overnight, they're short staffed so any condiments you may need you will have to go the the front desk. Red Roof employee Nilesh and his counterparts took care of me and were plenty of help to say the least. They did a good job with the payment transaction so I can get to my room as quick as possible. Red Roof is better than Howard Johnson and have definitely renovated these hotel rooms for the best. 3 Star experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

EVERYONE, front desk personnel, housekeeping & maintenance, and all other attendants were sincerely kind and accommodating.
At very reasonable rates this particular hotel, in addition to in-room coffee, microwave, fridge, ironing, good WiFi, offers wide selection of cable channels, substantial breakfast, pool, etc..

Having stayed here before, and currently waiting to get into new apt., I remembered how pleasant and what a great a value this place was so I drove here from NYC.

I am delighted to find it better than ever.

G. Jerome

Room Tip: As I brought work w/ me, including computer equip., I found it convenient to be on same level as par...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Bear
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved the stay. It was clean, Quiet, and the employees was very nice and helpful. I had a king bed room, loved the balcony. Will recommend to anybody. The front desk was also very welcoming. Very nice stay for a nice price.

• Stayed June 2014
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My group of 4 arrived around 11:30 PM at night, and we were checked in by your employee Nilesh. He was very pleasant, and our check-in went just fine. When we got settled in our room, there were a few additional items that our group required. I went to the front desk, and spoke with Nilesh. He quickly obtained the things that I had asked him for, and provided help in getting them to my room. We stay in hotels throughout the country several times per year, and because of the OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE provided by Nilesh, we will DEFINITELY be staying with Red Roof Inn #812 again !
Thank you, Nilesh, for helping us so quickly and efficiently !

• Stayed June 2014
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Me, my wife and daughter had the pleasure of randomly finding this Red Roof Inn on a recent trip. The greeting we got at the front desk was among the most friendly and pleasant that we have experienced. It was very nice to have someone who seemed to enjoy their public services position and her attitude reflected a genuine pride in her work and the place. The room was very spacious, clean and had a feeling of quality in everything in the room. We slept soundly and enjoyed a full breakfast set of selections in their very spacious area designated for breakfast. The whole Inn is spacious and has a well kept appearance. After staying in several places where the desk staff were sullen and the rooms not as large or as clean it was a real pleasure to find this Red Roof Inn. I would recommend this place without any reservations.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brookville, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Upon checking in we found the room to be unsatisfactory to say the least. The carpet was old, worn and smelled terrible. The bed sagged badly and you could feel the springs in your back. The pillows were tiny lumpy and smelled badly. One side of the bed only had about 8 inches of clearance from the wall. The in room refrigerator was probably white at one time but now was yellowed and dirty. It looked like it came from a garage sale. I am really surprised that Red Roof Inns allows their name on this property. We had stayed 5 nights in 3 different Red Roof Inns and were surprised at the terrible condition of this property. This property is way past an upgrade. It should be torn down and replaced. Within an hour of checking in we requested a refund from the desk clerk and we were told that he wasn't able to give refunds. We subsequently attempted to contact the property manager and have been given the run around. We left and moved to the Wilmington-Newark property only a few minutes away. The difference was like night from day. It was worth the few minute drive for a good night sleep. As of right now we still have not been able to contact the hotel management regarding a refund. In my opinion you will not be happy if you stay here

Room Tip: Don't stay near a University and don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have had the opportunity to visit many place that have require a stay at one hotel or another. Some experiences have been very satisfying and rewarding and then again many have been a nightmare. Well on this occasion I checked into Red Roof Inn in Newark Delaware expecting that it would be another one of those less than pleasant stays however things quickly changed. I had the good fortune to be served by Pragnesh Patel who was a outstanding individual. Mr. Patel is an asset to the company he works for and would be to any company that might employ him. I thank Mr. Patel for being a great human being.
The rooms seem to have been renovated overall outstanding.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University? Share your experiences!