“Quality Inn Newark Room Smells Awful” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn Newark to your Saves list
Quality Inn Newark
Quality Inn Newark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   65 Geoffrey Drive, Newark, DE 19713 (Formerly Fairfield Inn Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 22 hotels in Newark
Newark, Delaware
“Quality Inn Newark Room Smells Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The first thing I noticed when i opened the door was the very distinct smell of cigarette smoke. All rooms in Quality Inn Newark is supposedly non-smoking. Worse is, the room is so small so it contained the smell all the more. Writing a bad review is not my thing but this experience is making me do because I cannot believe how this is the total opposite of what i read in Trip Advisor. This is a dump inn.
Also, check-in process is very slow not like the other hotel/inns in Newark DE.

All in all, a very bad experience for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Neil S, Manager at Quality Inn Newark, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Please let me apologize for your experience with us. We are a non-smoking hotel, and have very customers who do not help us maintain that standard. Our Executive Housekeeper was been tasked with checking all rooms specifically for this issue, and the concern has been mitigated. Our Front Desk generally works quickly and efficiently, but I am sorry that you experience an unreasonable delay. We are investing to address our check-in and check-out process to make it more enjoyable for our guests. I hope that you stay with us again in the future so that we can turn around this review.

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Schaumburg IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

If you are just looking for a basic hotel this fits the purpose. Employee's are very friendly. I have now stayed at this hotel twice in the past six months. Hotel is not too far from Philadelphia. The complimentary breakfast is a nice touch. Free internet is also a plus. Nice pool, but we did not use it.

Room Tip: Not far from Philadelphia. Close to the University of Delaware (which is why I have now stayed twic...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
We sincerely appreciate the feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed our hospitality. Our staff prides themselves on their customer service. Hopefully you can stay longer on your next trip and get to enjoy our pool.
Nova Scotia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed here for the second time for an overnight stay. I must say that without a GPS, I would never had found it. Better signage would help!! Property exterior is ok and area is close to Christiana Mall and Restraunts. Check in was quick and easy. Elevator to 3rd floor requires updating/cleaning and was creaky. Our room was nice and comfortable. TV and channel selction was good. We did not use the pool. We skipped the breakfast and were checked out early. Overall it was a good stay without any issues. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure you map it out so you can find it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my Track team in July for the Junior Olympics and it was fine for us. The hotel was booked for the event and I think the maids were overwhelmed. I had 6 rooms under my name and 2 of them didn't get cleaned! One of the rooms had a funny smell at first but aired out ok. Hey for the price it was nice! If we had to travel with the team to that area again I would stay here.

• Stayed July 2012
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Virginia and liked it so much that we stayed again on our way back home. The rooms were spacious and clean. The continental breakfast was fantastic. There are plenty of dining options to chose for lunch/dinner within a 10 minute drive. The pool was clean and warm. A great place to unwind after a long day in the car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Salisbury, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I put 6 teams of our employees in this hotel for 3 nights. After the first night they asked to be moved to another hotel. They said that the rooms had a bad odor. One had management come and spray the room twice to no avail. They also said that they did not feel that their company vans were safe in that area after seeing some of the hotel guests. Unfortunately, I will not use this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wendy L, General Manager at Quality Inn Newark, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I would like to apologize for any inconvience, and for the smell in the guest rooms. We did have a few rooms down for maintenance reasons, and opened them up for your group. As for the area
we have never had any break ins or damages to any of our guest vehicles.
I do hope that your clients remain Choice Priviledge members, and thank you for your comments
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were in a 1st floor non smk king room. The room was very clean as was the microwave and frige. TV was new, furniture older. The breakfast room was spotless and hot foods were offered, waffles, eggs and sausage. A good assortment of fruit, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals, juices,ect. The staff was very pleasant . We used the outdoor pool but did not use or see the exercise room. Didn't have my computer along so can not rate the wireless. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Newark? Share your experiences!