“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Newark
NY
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while visiting with family. Very clean room and friendly staff. The crib that they provided us was very nice as were the linens for it... Should have gotten the name of it, our 8 month old was a happy sleeper! Nice pool area and small workout room.

Location was easy to get to off of I95 with plenty of food options near by, some within walking distance.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to let others know about your experience. We hope to see you again.

Jason Abbey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Right off I-95. Friendly reception. Room is the same as at other Courtyards. Breakfast is available at an added cost. Fitness room was clean and adequate. Refrigerators in rooms. Would definitely stay there if I was in the area.

Stayed September 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I checked in very late after a long flight. The staff were pleasant and quick in assigning me my room and answering my questions. The room as a typical newer Courtyard room - very nice decor and exceptionally clean. I slept well.

I ate at the bistro in the hotel in the morning and the food was good (Starbucks, oatmeal, coffee, fruit). Checkout was a breeze and I was on my way!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your kind review. We hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,
Anderson, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel is completely renovated. My room was nicely done and very clean. Well appointed and excellent WiFi service. Good value for price paid considering the location.
The breakfast selection was decent, but the service was slow to poor.
The front desk staff was welcoming and efficient.
This is a good location and normally easy to access. Unfortunately the exit off I-95 is closed and requires one to know how access the hotel via exits 3 or 5.
I would return to this location based on price and hotel staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your nice compliments. We appreciate your business.

Unfortunately for the next few months, the Delaware Department of Transportation has closed the normal exit (Exit 4B) due to construction. Although it is beyond our control, we apologize for any inconvenience that this may caused you.

For anyone else travelling to our location, you must take the following detour only if you are traveling northbound on Highway 95 (from the direction of Baltimore/DC). The southbound exit on 95 to get to our hotel is still open.

* Exit I-95 onto exit 3B Rte. 273 West towards Newark . Proceed on Rte. 273 Westbound for 1.3 miles
* Exit Rte. 273 West onto Rte. 4 (Ogletown-Stanton Road) Eastbound . Proceed on Rte. 4 (Ogletown-Stanton Road) Eastbound for 1.9 miles
* Make a Right Hand turn onto Rte. 58(Churchman's Road) Eastbound. Proceed on Rte. 58 (Churchman's Road) Eastbound for 1.0 mile driving underneath overpass.
* Make Right Hand turn into the Courtyard complex at the Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant. (First traffic light AFTER going under the overpass)

Detour signage is posted. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, please contact us at 302-456-3800 as we would be happy to assist you.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This is your typical old style Courtyard - with a courtyard. Nice rooms. Room had a small balcony. New lobby with bistro cafe concept. Fitness room is not much but equipment is good. Just small room. Nice pool and hot tub. Service was good too.

• Stayed August 2012
jason_abbey, General Manager at Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm very happy that you were able to enjoy our courtyard space. We feel that the open area in the center of our building is a nice combination with our newly renovated sleeping rooms and lobby. We hope to see you again soon.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The room was v ery comfortable and the property is very nice. Some of the service was top notch.. I had Feather pillows in the room as per booking instructions and everyone I talked to was very polite. I did have difficulties getting the coffee service refreshed each day. I would stay here again if I was in Delaware.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and your kind words.

Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

My second trip to this property was a good one. The room was a little small, but comfortable, and the location (walking distance to Cheeseburger in Paradise and other casual places) was fine for a quick dinner. I was glad to see the same folks staffing the food and beverage area, and was greeted warmly when I arrived (with super-quick check-in and a spinning wheel with Guest Rewards offers). The cost with breakfast was over $200, though, so I will look at other properties like the Residence Inn or another nearby location.

While I was there, the long-awaited and -promised guest room wireless project was finally concluding, about a week too late for me. I was glad to see that the uncommunicative front desk person who was the focus of so many complaints early this year was nowhere in sight.

I am a big fan of Marriotts and Courtyard Inns, but not at this price point.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Wilmington Newark/Christiana Mall? Share your experiences!