“The place to EAT near the casino.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Baltimore
“The place to EAT near the casino.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We go to the casino at Delaware Park just up the road a couple times a year, and we have always noted this restaurant with the giant EAT sign in front. I think the sign ion the roof must light up at night because we had no idea that this place was called the Border Cafe until we saw the receipt. For that matter, we had no idea it specialized in Tex-Mex cuisine until we parked and saw a sign on the side of the building. The building is built to resemble a ramshackle roadside Texas cantina, and the builders did a great job of capturing the perfect line between "quaint" and "kitschy" ( although I think the rooftop sign is backfiring for them.) Given their location near the casino, I was expecting much higher prices, but everything was very reasonable. I think the most expensive entree they have is around $17, and most items are $10 or below. My wife got the chicken enchiladas which were tender and tasty, but the freshly-made guacamole on the side was the real star. I had the blackened salmon which had a nice heat to the spice rub, and came with an excellent corn relish and an intensely flavorful house rice. We go to the casino whenever we feel like an occasional treat, and now that we know about the Border Cafe it always will be.

Bear, DE
“Excellent Food, Prices, and Atomosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Large selection of various Tex-Mex/Cajun inspired foods. I try to eat a different dish on each visit, but I am always drawn towards the "Eggplant Royale" Absolutely perfect everytime. My friends always get the Fajitas and state that they are the best they've ever had in this area. Their prices are extremely reasonable, portion size is decent, and the quality of everything they prepare is excellent. I only have one complaint about this restaurant, but it shows that it is a good restaurant, and that is that there is a wait to get seated and not much room to sit for the wait.

• Visited May 2013
Pennsylvania
“Fun Place, Great Food, Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my first time in the Border Cafe. They have this huge sign outside that says "EAT" just beckoning you inside. The food was freshly prepared and excellent tasting. The rozen strawberry margarita was just the right combination of sweet and sour. We're definitely going back.

Starke, Florida
“Robbed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I used to go there from time toting when lived there .. Never had a friendly feeling from the staff at all ... The last time .. And I mean LAST TIME I went I left a money envelope on the table went back for it and e denied it ... I shouldn't have been so careless ...

Visited May 2013
DC
“As good as everyone says it is”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I go here about once a week... I only ever get a salad, gumbo, or maybe gaucho chicken. All of those are great picks... Some if the entrees look sloppy to me but I've never gotten them. Atmosphere is loud and energetic, the soda cups are huge and constantly refilled. Willing to split checks, usually friendly staff. $4.99 house salad is huge and delicious with their homemade ranch dressing.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Border Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Border Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.