“Nice & Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Newark
Fulton, Maryland
“Nice & Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Availability has been good and, due to a lot of our last minute requests, the hotel has always been able to accommodate. Clean rooms, nice staff and convenient location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

This is a standard hotel, nothing fancy here. It is clean, the staff is helpful and it has free laundry. It is centered between Dtown Wilmington and Philly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Woodstock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

For my business trip and stay which lasted two months, this was a great place to set up camp.
The breakfast buffet was served at an hour that a working person can enjoy and still be on the job early. Evening social hour also served its purpose.
Rooms were clean, and the staff did the extra things to make me feel at home, as much as could be under the circumstances.
Business functions could be carried out with no issues.
It worked for me.

Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

While the title may seem like a stretch, when you consider the wealth of home-like amenities and accommodations in addition to a varied and appetizing breakfast continental breakfast and dinner hosted by the hotel, I left feeling as if I discovered some unknown paradise. A fantastic hotel and experience.

Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My family and I were traveling to Newark, Delaware to visit our son for Parents Weekend. I had booked my reservation through Priceline.com and Staybridge Suites had confirmed our reservation. In fact, I had called several times to confirm the reservation and each time I spoke to someone it was confirmed. However, after driving 300 miles to our destination the Staybridge suites in Newark, Delaware, the General Manager Ms. Whitsett told us due to overbooking that they would have to relocate us to the Days Inn in Wilmington which is 16 miles northwest of Newark. The company DPNL,LLC apparently owns both of these establishments and when we got to the Days Inn I knew exactly what to expect. The hotel was located on Route 202 and was in a seedy area. My two children wouldn't get out of the car. My husband found pubic hairs inside the bathtub and also said the toilet bowl didn't even look like it was cleaned. The sheets were disgusting and had holes in them and my husband said he was afraid of bedbugs. I may add that the General Manager at Staybridge suites was rude and condescending to my husband and I and all she kept repeating is I'm sorry but Priceline should have gotten in touch with you and we have relocated you to the Days Inn." I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against DPNL,LLC and Mrs. Pragma Shah who are the owners of both of these businesses. I am livid on how my family and I were treated and spoken to, even while we were at the Staybridge suites waiting to check in two people who were already staying there were complaining. I definitely would not recommend the Staybridge suites and definitely the Days Inn, and just to add I was talking to some Newark residents and they had informed me that there was a murder at the Days Inn just two weeks ago.

Room Tip: stay at the embassy suites and it may be a little more expensive but you get a beautiful breakfast a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
merrick ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed 2 days while visiting Newark De for Parents Weekend at UDel. Many hotels can be nice, clean and convenient as this one was, but not all has the customer service to go along with the facilities. My wife accidentally left her favorite pillow behind and the staff helped us out immediately by locating the pillow and sending it back to us without making us feel as if they were doing us a favor. This happened another time at a competing hotel, and the staff there acted if they were bothered by the request. Customer service in this day and age trumps all!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Lewiston, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We got what we requested; a quiet room away from traffic. The room and hotel were very clean and quiet. They provide a good complimentary breakfast and light sundown buffet. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. A good location to go from Newark, to New Castle, Wilmington and even to PA. Check in and check out were quick and easy. For under $100.00 this was quite a great value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Staybridge Suites--Wilmington/Newark? Share your experiences!