“More than enough rudeness for your money” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #221 of 299 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Chinese
Wilmington, Delaware
“More than enough rudeness for your money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

The buffet was average priced, average-sized... nothing too crazy. Enough vegetarian options to keep me and my son happy, and plenty of meat dishes for my SO.

Until you brought your food to the table... it was cold. Like REALLY cold... not good.

The staff are extremely rude when you ask questions or ask for drink refills, and don't even bother telling them something is a little cold (no matter how nice you try to be, they don't wanna hear it)

Maybe I came on a bad day?

I am in this area pretty often, but I will not eat here again unless someone convinces me this is not the norm.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Newark, Delaware
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

unlike any other buffet, they provide salmon, variety of food, fish, fruits which I cannot get in any other buffet.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Berkeley heights, New Jersey, USA
“Would not come back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I love Buffet. Knowing that the business owner needs to make a profit, I rarely give buffets a poor rating. I do understand that the quality of the food will not be o par with what you can get in a regular, a-la-carte restaurant. However, the food that they offer at this place is really of poor quality to me. Starting with the salad bar, the choice is extremely limited. I have never dined at a buffet before without taking any food from the salad bar. This is the first time. The rest of the food were really of poor quality too. A good majority of the food were immersed in some oil or butter, or deep fried. I understand that one does not come to a buffet and try to eat *healthy*, but in my case, I do need to achieve some kind of balance -- some comparatively healthier option mixed with food for indulgence.
The price that I paid was $6.99 for lunch. It ws not a bad price. However, in all honesty, if they raise the quality of the raw food that they used to prepare the meal and if they offer some more food to allow people to have a better, healthier choice, I would be willing to pay a higher price and give a better rating.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“WORST EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This buffet was the most expensive and worst tasting food ever. 12.99 for discusting food and very rude wait staff and manager. Asked for hot pepper oil and was told it was to hot for me. Made a fool of them by eatting all of it and asking for more. Then the food was extremely cold. The whole time we were there 1+ hours didnt see them bring any fresh food to the buffet. The so called manager complained about us when we asked for hot buffalo wings to be put on the buffet. Waited 20 mins for a refill when the staff decided to take a lunch break and eat in the main dining room. When passing threw delaware again we will not ever waste our money on this dump resraurant again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Worst restaurant I've been to in years”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Food was disgusting! Made my friends and I want to throw up. I hear there meat is made from cat and dog. I don't recommend this place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to King Buffet Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage King Buffet Chinese Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.