“Best in house breakfast of any hotel in the Delaware Area.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Family Fun Package
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Newark
Somers, New York
“Best in house breakfast of any hotel in the Delaware Area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The main reason for our stay at Homewood Suites was so pleasurable was due to the friendly,courteous and helpful staff. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff. I would especially like to highlight the food staff. The dinner and breakfast staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. A special thanks to ( Bobbi & Danielle ) of the breakfast staff for delivering the best in house breakfast of any hotel in the Delaware area and the most pleasant experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Steven S, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Richard H., Thank you for taking the time to write these truly fantastic comments. We truly do have a staff that aims to make every guest feel special and make this feel like it’s their home away from home. We can’t wait to see back the next time you’re in the area.

Jason Doody -Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Newark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am staying here from last 3 months ( Yes :) I came this place for a company assinment for 6 months. I can say this hotel is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed. Breakfast is complementary everyday and is very good. Room service is evryday and is outstanding. They have very good staff and will help a lot to make you comfortable. I have met few of the finest service staff here named Bobby and Daniella and very caring for the guests and never hesitate to serve customers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Steven S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I'm glad you chose our location to be your home away from home during your visit to Newark. We are happy to know that we were able to make your stay comfortable and you enjoyed all of our services and our staff made you feel part of the family. Please contact us if for your next visit. We wish you safe travels on your way back home.
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for a short weekend away. We were very impressed by the friendly service we received during check in, breakfast, and check out. The room was quite nice, comfortable, spacious, and basically exactly what I expect from a Homewood Suite. The beds were very comfortable. The pool area looked inviting, but it was just too cold for us to be tempted (although there were kids in pool having a blast!). It was nice to see adult hours for the pool, from 10 pm to midnight. The breakfast was the variety I've come to expect from Homewood (a mix of hot items and continental items). What stood out about the breakfast was the attentive and extra-friendly service from the 2 hostesses. Our interactions with them were good, and we noticed them being very accommodating to the other guests, too. Great customer service skills!

We really only had 2 downsides. The common areas were cold. So were the temps outside while we were there, so that was somewhat understandable. And, of course, we could control the heat in our room where it really mattered. The other thing I noticed was that housekeeping didn't change out a used glass in the bathroom and didn't run the dishwasher (that we had loaded). Again, not a huge deal, but based on experiences at other Homewood Suites, I was surprised.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend this to others. It's very convenient to U of Delaware (right across from the athletic center) and to I-95.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Newark. I'm glad to hear that your stay was comfortable and our staff was attentive to your needs. Sorry you did not enjoy our indoor pool, perhaps on your next visit you'll take the opportunity to enjoy all of what we have to offer. Please contact us directly for any future travel needs. Thank you again and wish you and your family pleasant and safe travels.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This Homewood Suites property exceeded my expectations in the value that it provided. They had a free large, and hot complimentary breakfast after every night, and stuck to the standards that the Homewood Suites brand always provides. The rate in which I paid was very competitive which suited the needs of my family. I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review and I'm glad to hear we were able to make your family part of our family here at the Homewood Suites in Newark. We hope that in your future travels you choose our location once again. Please feel free to contact us directly. Happy and safe travels.
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've always choose to stay at the homewood suites at newark, doesn't matter if it is a short (3 days) or long stay (4 weeks).
Since the first moment I felt very valued as a customer, all of my concerns were address quickly.
I got recommendations for places to go, where to order food for deliver and some other things needed.
All the staff is very nice, specially Bobbi, at the kitchen... I mentioned once I loved the blueberry cupcakes and she prepares them everytime I go there.
Also she is always checking on me, to be sure I ate properly...

The maintenance guys are awesome as well... they went to check my room for spiders, eventought it was a nightmare I had... no huge big spiders in the area (tarantulas) but anyway they checked...

Well, I just can say I feel like home whenever I travel back there

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, it is our goal to make you feel at home and I'm glad our team made your stay comfortable. We look forward to your return....your second home in Newark DE.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have found Homewood Suites to be one of the most consistent brands in the Hilton chain or of any chain. I try to use them whenever I can.

I had planned to stay there a few weeks ago on business, but had to cancel at the last minute. Despite the fact that I didn't give sufficient notice according to their policy, they canceled the reservation without charging me, which was very kind.

I did end up staying there two weeks later. The property is easy to find and is in a complex with two other hotels, basically across the street from the University of Delaware football stadium.

As a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, I requested an upgrade and was given a 1 bedroom apartment instead of the studio apartment I booked. I also requested and received a late checkout time of 3:00PM.

The apartment was clean, and the furniture and amenities were all in good condition. The bed was particularly comfortable. The pillows were square instead of the usual rectangle shape, but it didn't really affect my sleep.

The breakfast in the morning was the standard Homewood Suites breakfast--coffee, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, cereal, milk, plus a hot buffet with eggs, potatoes, sausage and bisquits with sausage gravy.

I was traveling on business but brought my girlfriend with me. She chilled out in the room the following morning while I went out to work. The late checkout was very nice because she didn't have to leave the room until I was finished and we were ready to go.

I was there on a weekend, so I didn't get to have the complimentary dinner.

The free wifi worked just fine for both of our laptops.

The ventilation system is a little loud, but it's not unbearable.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I had a pleasant stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review and for choosing our hotel during your visit to Newark. I'm glad to hear that everything worked out with your reservations and that our team was able to accommodate your needs.
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Very Nice hotel to stay. I was there in this hotel for 5 to 6 months. Room very Good, Amenties are Good . Service is excellent, Staff is very nice except couple of them.. But Over all Experience is Exceptionally Good...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hello Kiran,
It was a great pleasure allowing us to be your second home during your visit to Newark and the team here misses having you with us. I thank you for the wonderful comments and I am glad that you had a comfortable stay. We hope to see you again during your next visit. We wish you safe travels and thank you again.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South? Share your experiences!