“Will be staying here again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Hen Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newark
Blue Hen Bed & Breakfast
You added Blue Hen Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
1202 Nottingham Rd, Newark, DE 19711   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Newark B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Will be staying here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed here in the summer of 2012 and I have to say that I loved my stay. Not only was Amy accomodating in every way as well as giving my a tour of the entire house and history and giving me a yummy homemade breakfast to boot, she gave me so much information when I told her that I would be moving to Delaware within the year. I will definately be booking my next stay here when I come out for interviews!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Blue Hen Bed and Breakfast is without a doubt the Very Best Place to stay. This is a warm and welcoming home and Amy and Don are amazing people who will make you feel rite at home immediatly. The rooms are gorgeous and the breakfast are out of this world. We dont consider any other place to stay when we are in the area, we actually will go out of our way to stay here this is the Very Best place to stay. They have earned my highest recommendation. A must place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had an excellent stay at the blue hen bed and breakfast. The food is absolutey delicious, and the owners, Donald and Amy are very gracious. It is in a terrific location, right outside of the univerity of delaware campus. The Blue Hen Bed and breakfast is family and pet friendly. The home is historic so it has a wonderful charm.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Blue Hen Bed and Breakfast. The hosts were great and very helpful about places to visit and eat. We were on a mini-vacation to visit the duPont attractions, Winterthur, Hagely Museum, and Longwood Gardens. The bed was confortable and the breakfast delicious. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Wyeth Room on the road side but it was not noisy.
Belmar, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'd like to first say that I normally stay at hotel's and this was a new experience for me. I stayed at the Blue Hen after Hurricane Sandy when I was evacuated from my home in Belmar NJ and nowhere to stay. I was instantly welcomed. The house is amazing and Donald and Amy are extremely friendly and courteous. I stayed with my girlfriend for her birthday and she was so thankful. The breakfast was delicious and overall we had an amazing time. I would recommend this place to everyone. Thank you again from Will and Kaileen!!!

Room Tip: Wyatt Room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Venice, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had a wonderful one-night stay at the Blue Hen. Amy and Donald are very hospitable, the place is fabulous and the food divine. We will return, the next time we are in Delaware! A great experience!!!

Room Tip: The room with its own bathroom was just perfect.....top floor.
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our three nights stay at Blue Hen (despite the fact that we stayed during hurricane Sandy's invasion, and many thanks to Amy and Donald for everything!) The historical home is just beautiful and the bnbowners were gracious and friendly! Wonderful breakfast! It was like a home away from home! Very comfortable, very clean, and many little extras that made our stay so enjoyable... we'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Hen Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!