You added Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Continental Drive, Newark, DE 19713 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites - Newark - Christiana)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Newark
New York
“Ants!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a night here after Orbitz failed to confirm a reservation at another area hotel. It was graduation weekend, so rooms were hard to come buy. Orbitz was able to get us a room here as a replacement for the messed up reservation.

When we first arrived, we just left our bags and headed to dinner, so didn't get a good look at the room, but from what we saw, it seemed fine. When we returned from dinner and were settling in, I noticed ant crawling all over the kitchen area counter. Then I noticed the same in the bathroom.

From that point on, we just could not get comfortable. The front desk offered to spray the next day (which was useless to us, since we were leaving). Needless to say neither of us slept well. We were glad to leave the next morning.

It did included a so-called breakfast, which basically consisted of instant oatmeal and chewy granola bars. The coffee was acceptable (probably the best thing the hotel had to offer).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that you and your Husband found your room to be unclean. Please accept my apology. I discussed your comments with the team, and I am sorry that we did not attend to your needs properly. In response, I am reviewing with the staff the importance of providing great customer service and how to clean rooms according to our company's high standards to ensure this type of procedure does not happen again.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cta@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Very clean offers different rates depending on how long ur stay strongly advise anyone to get king suite with sofa bed it was roomy like a little apt BBQ grill nice laundry room only complaint no pool or gym considering the average stay is week plus they don't offer member club that offerspoints for loyal customers free nights but they have added a small breakfast in am its new

• Stayed April 2013
New Castle, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

There was blood in the bathtub and the sheets were dirty. There was a odor in the room the floor had not been vacuum in days. Even the mirrors in the room had finger prints on them. Not sure what the management team is doing at this hotel but, the whole cleaning group and the onsite manager should be fired. Noting else needs to be said.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

It's my first night and this is terriable. The room is beyond DIRTY. I never seen this much filth in my life. The sheets were nasty. The shower was half way cleaned. The bed squeaks Whenever you move. The refrudge is filled with dirt and isn't cold enough. One of the drawers on the dresser are misssing. I know we should have stay with the hilton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room had cleanliness issues. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the individuals involved in the cleaning and inspecting of all our guest rooms to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at cta@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Lakewood, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I arrived at your hotel a little earlier than check-in, i came from ohio to delaware to visit some family and arrived a little earlier than expected, when i made my reservation (about 4 days in advanced) the women told me if they had the room available earlier in the day that i would be able to have an early check in as long as the room was clean. When i arrived at the hotel they said that was not allowed,even though the room was clean that we would have to pay for an extra night for an early check in. i was not thrilled but i understood, i went to my room to get rest from the long drive and came to find ants in my room, not olny were they in the kitchen but as well bathroom and the sleep area, I did not want to be rude in front of other customers or scare them away so i pulled the women away and quietly told her that there were ants in my room,she continued to slam ant spray on the counter and said "we know,we have been having complaints!" Shocked by this, i went to my room to clean it and went to my family's for the day,when i arrived back at the hotel i came to find the ants had wondered into my suitcase,i was physically ill when i saw how disgusting. I went to the counter and told them i would like to be moved,she sighed and said fine,here is the key's,not once was i even offered money for the laundry to be cleaned. i can only describe this hotel (because it does not deserve to be called suite) disgusting,filthy, and unbearable. The people are inconsiderate, unhelpful, and combative. I can assure you mine, as well as anyone i ever get in contact with's business will NEVER be handed the such a disturbing place, the fact that i was not even refunded the money for the "early check in" (which was a whole nights stay" for sleeping in a room infested with ants speak volumes about your place of business.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My stay at Extended Stay America - Newark/Christiana was excellent, with a warm atmosphere and really great for family or business clients.

The staff interaction with guest seems to be unique because they really extend that olive branch to help you by either providing valuable area information to assisting us with hotel services. Just want to highlight extremely positive experiences that I was exposed to during my visit. Most of my experiences are my interaction with hotel manager Diane, Rowena, Cheryl and Chrissi. These individuals always take an extra step to ensure that I am having a possible experience during my stay.

Since my positive experiences at my last stay at Extended Stay I have shared these positive experiences with family, friends and business customers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review about our wonderful staff. I am glad they were able to make your stay so comfortable. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Newark, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have been here since mid-October and Ms. Diane Gradel, the Hotel Manager, and her staff have been wonderful. I have not had the chance to meet any of the housekeeping staff but the front desk personnel are first rate. Those of note and I apologize that I do not know their surnames, are Amy, Chrissi and Rowena. There is another young lady that is very helpful but I didn't get her name, unfortunately. I am planning to stay for quite awhile as my project has been extended. If you plan on being in the area for an extended length of time, this is a nice place to be.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool or fitness center but the Manager told me they are thinking of installing...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PropertyManager28, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Newark - Christiana. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Newark - Christiana - Wilmington? Share your experiences!