“Good Stay, Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Newark
POCONOS, PA
“Good Stay, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My son and I were traveling and taking a flight out of Wilmington Airport. We drove down the night before and needed a hotel. We were trying to find a safe, clean hotel and not break the budget. We trusted the Trip Advisor reviews and got a great AAA rate for this hotel. The check-in was quick and efficient and the room was spotless and appeared to have been recently updated. We had no complaints and the price was extremely fair.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tom M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear TC_PA,

Thank you for commenting about your recent stay at my Inn. The staff is pleased to hear about how you enjoyed your stay. Many guests are suprised at how nice of a room Red Roof Inn's have for such a reasonable price.

I hope you will remember us the next time you are in Wilmington!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had driven 16 hours, so I was glad when it only took a couple of minutes to check in. Rooms were newly refurbished and the beds were very comfy. No hair dryer. Downside were the people hanging out in the parking lot. There was a 1st floor room that had it's door open and was dark inside, but you could hear people talking. There were a couple of girls sitting in a vehicle near the room. The whole situation made me uncomfortable. Also, it is very difficult to find. Follow the signs or you will be driving around in circles. Ate dinner at the Chili's and was disappointed that all the food was subpar. Also, we were traveling with a dog and this was one of the few places that allowed pets with only a $10 per night fee.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

For our road trip perfectly located near the highway with lots of restaurants nearby. But it was a bit hard to get there. Make sure to follow the Red Roof Inn signs. We got a king standard room on 2nd floor where unfortunately (although it is 100 % smoke-free) somebody had smoked inside recently. Also the linen were dirty and had cigarette burns. I went to the receptionist and she gave us another room on 3rd floor without complaining. That's what I call perfect service! We enjoyed our stay at this Red Roof Inn which already had the new modern Red Roof style.

Room Tip: Just ask for it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We arrived very late and the front desk lady was very pleasant and eager to assist me, Check was no more than 5 minutes, it was like she knew my name and everything waiting for me. This was extremely pleasing, as we frequently stay at another location simply because of it's location near an airport. I have been a redicard member for years and feel that I really missed out by choosing the other location. I slept good and uninterrupted by and noise which is unheard of on Friday night. The room was very comfortable and nice. So I am still kicking myself for not coming to this location first. We will not make that mistake again. VERY NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: clean, safe, quiet and great staff
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
USAFret
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed here based on advice from Trip Advisor and was not disappointed. I arrived very late but my reservation was ready and the staff was most helpful. The room appeared to have been recently remodeled and was very nice. One note, the TV package could used an upgrade but that is only my opinion. Lots of news and sports, little else. There are a couple restaurants within walking distance. It can be a little tricky to find at night. You see the sign once you leave the highway but if you miss the hotel sign for the turn you must circle the block. All in all a very nice stay at a good price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Columbus, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I needed to be up in Delaware earlier this month, and I checked out this hotel on a recommendation of a friend from Maryland who has stayed here. The staff was excellent, the room was clean. I had no problems. In fact, when I remembered I hadn't shown my AAA card at checkin, the desk clerk gave the rate when I stayed for the third night. Will stay again if I'm passing through Delaware again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's tricky to get to the hotel if the map data of your GPS is not up to date. The roads around are undergoing reconstruction. Once you get familiar with the area, you know this location is very convenient to travel around. The rooms are renovated recently, but the bathroom is very small as it is impossible to close the bathroom door if you are sitting on the toilet. I found out when they renovate the rooms, they keep the old bath tub and toilet as there are few chips on the tub and stains on the toilet. The faucet at the sink is loose and keep swinging around whenever you turn the tap on. Overall, the staffs are friendly and helpful. I would tolerate to stay there for a night or two as the rate is reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington? Share your experiences!