“dirty” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Newark
A TripAdvisor Member
“dirty”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

July 2012...dropped my keys ..son got down to get them....trash under bed,,,water bottles under bed,,old slipper under bed...reported but customer service didn't seem to care........just stayed again with a friend August 2012 ...2 water bottles in refrig...one half full the other full.....cleaning ladies are not doing their jobs.....other stay i had no problem...hope something is reported......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Benjaman C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your response on your stays with us. I'm so sorry to hear we did not completely service your rooms. I will address our staff accordingly to make sure our rooms are up to par at 100%. I hope you will still consider us for your next stay. We care about the services we provide to our guests and stand behind our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If there is anything I can help you with regarding your stay or future stays please do not hesitate to contact me- Ben Cummins, General Manager 302-292-2870

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Richmond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Driving here from York, PA was a bit of a mess. Actually, it was just the part where I switched from U.S. 30/Lancaster Avenue to I-476 to I-95 to Christiana to the motel.

According to the desk clerk, they built State Road 7 up alongside the motel and Chili's. I thought that it was the same crazy Red Roof Inn designer who did the one at Bensalem Route 1 and Street Rd. in the cloverleaf. Government people get too much money to think this poorly. You leave I-95 at exit 4B, stay to the right, take S.R. 7 north, get to the left lane *immediately*, and make a left turn at the light onto the access road. I did it twice before I arrived at the motel.

After getting the room keys, I went to the room and tried to set up the computer and unload a few things from the car. Sprint 3G and voice reception is *terrible*, and the motel's WiFi wasn't even that good. However, my Sprint Tri-Fi hotspot came to the rescue and the 4G/WiMAX worked beautfiully. Tonight--it's not working and the motel's WiFi is. Who knows?

When I went to charge the computer and phone, I noticed a big spider web, later I was noticing a lot of dust on the LCD tv and handprints on the dresser. So, I retaliated by locking my keys (and phone) in the room. I went to the office, she coded some new keys. I unlocked the door, transferred things from car to room, proceed to return the new keys so I'd have 2 instead of 4. The old keys were invalid at this point, so I was locked out again. I showed them for not dusting!

The room is good but the polyester bedspread is there with a new pattern. They even put a fancy porcelain vessel sink in the room and the furniture is sort of stylish wood-melamine mix. However, they left out the fridge and microwave oven, but have a tri-fold room service menu. Sneaky, huh? It's not even Red Roof Inn's business.

The price was reasonable, as they have "Hot Deals" at this location. It averaged to about $61 per night + tax.

If you can find it, you'll like it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We are "RVrs", so we don't use motels as much as some, but on this "non RV" trip we found that the major brands weren't necessarily very consistent. When we are using motels, it is just to sleep in, so things like pools, breakfast, nearby buses or attractions are not relevant, we are looking for a clean room, and good bed in nice condition. The once a year or so that we do use motels, we have found Red Roof Inns to be $70 where other brands are $100, consistently well looked after and comfortable, actually larger rooms than we need. The 2 or 3 Red Roof Inns that we stayed in on this trip were all very nice, as were the people. I didn't check regarding the pool or restaurant because if there was one we didn't use it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The pictures provided on TripAdvisor say it all. The recently remodeled rooms have smooth faux hardwood flooring, which is light years ahead of the dingy carpeting found in most hotels at this price range. Other features that were great included the flat screen TV, extremely clean shower and toilet, very cool and unique bathroom sink, sleek dark wood cubby holes for the wash clothes and hand towels, combination safe in room, and the mattress felt great as well. There was even a small glow-in-the-dark light by the bathroom switch for the late-night wanderer. We did not have a refrigerator or microwave in our room, but it was not needed. I'm only mentioning to ensure everyone's aware they're not available in every room. But I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Madison, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Although this was the first time I have stayed at this Red Roof, it was not my first time dealing with them, and they couldn't have been nicer then. This visit was on one of my cat business trips, and the front desk staff was top-notch again. This Roof has been newly remodeled, and the room I stayed in was spanking clean, with a 42" flat-screen TV. Although I stayed on the ground floor, they have an elevator (it's a 3-storey building). The layout is the same as the Red Roof in Timonium, MD. Pillows were a little on the hard side.

This Red Roof also offers in-room dining, but there's a Chili's next door, and other good restaurants nearby. The hotel is on an access road, less than 1 mile from Rte. 95, but it is very quiet, being away from the big road. From what I understand, Red Roof Inns are now their own stand-alone chain, and I've noted improvements. I often stay at Red Roofs because they are pet friendly and give excellent value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

This motel has changed very much over the last year. It has received a much needed facelift and is well maintained. Some of the desk personnel need help, but was otherwise a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The first thing that i noticed when i entered the room was the awesomely fresh smell. I have been to some of the best hotels in the surrounding area, but this location totally exceeded my expectations. The room was immaculately clean with crisp, fresh sheets, a cool, nice sized flat screen HD tv, a mini kitchen with microwave and a small fridge and a large work desk that my honey and i substitued for a dinner table. The king size bed was waay cozy with enough pillows to comfortably relax while watching a movie on tv.There was a Chili's restaurant right across the parking lot and a few other eateries within a short distance. Definetly worth visiting!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington? Share your experiences!