“Nice place to stay at a good price” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   415 Stanton Christiana Road, Newark, DE 19713   |
Ranked #10 of 22 hotels in Newark
Lexington
“Nice place to stay at a good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here while in Delaware for work for a couple of days. The location is wonderful; The hotel is nestled back in the woods but is right off of the main road, so you get nice peaceful surroundings but are just around the corner from restaurants, I-95, etc.. The rooms were very clean, the price was great, and the people were very pleasant at check-in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Ft Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We didn't know what to expect for the extremely reasonable rate we got, but were pleasantly surprised to find that the inn had been newly-renovated. The reception and housekeeping staff were pleasant. Good location near many restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

After a long night at Delaware Park Casino, I was in need for a room. This need was met when I showed up at 1:45AM Saturday night. Both Stacey working the front desk and Melanie (trying to get out after a long shift) were friendly, helpful, and accommodating. When I strolled in exhausted looking for a room, there were 2 others in line in front of me. Apparently this is where the late night poker players come to sleep. Anyway, we were told that the hotel was "sold out" however there were some empty rooms but it would be at my 'own risk'. WTF I asked does that mean? Anyway it just meant the room was not cleaned from the last bum. There were clean linens and towels that Stacey and Melanie offered so I decided to check it out. The room I got was not too bad. Only one of the beds was not made. There was the typical mess since housekeeping had not been there. The condom on the floor, scorch marks on the toilet, and dead midget under my bed did not bother me. Ok, that last sentence was not true. It was just a messy room that needed housekeeping. My bed was comfortable and the shower hot and strong. But, it was the great service by the two people at the front desk that made this a nice stay. Would I stay there again? YES, but next time I will make a reservation. @RobTheComedian and Facebook Rob The Comedian

Room Tip: Make a reservation first. They do not require pre-payment. Had I known that, I would have.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

With friends in town for one night I needed a decent bed and shower for them. This place exceeded this - renoved, really new not just painted walls. Darker decor which felt much nicer than any other budget motel. Bath was new also.

Definately recommend this location and is very surprisingly good for budget motel! I wish I had taken a couple photos, but as of March 2012 the rooms really look like the professional photos. Exterior halls, and some curtains left open allowed me to see other rooms that looked just as clean & new.

Access is from service road just north of the hotel. Turn at light with large neon sign for a restaurant "EAT", then go left to hotel and Chili's restaurant.

Room Tip: Excellant renovation for budget hotel, March 2012 Exterior halls, higher floor to avoid noise from...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I stay at this Red Roof location quite often. I have found the customer service persons who do check in (Elise) and check out (Laron) to be quite friendly and helpful. Recent upgrades to rooms make them very nice and feel new and up to date. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

Very clean red roof inn. Nice friendly service. We stayed here overnight. And I found the place to be immaculate. Great night's rest. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive night's sleep.

• Stayed March 2012
Holbrook, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I must admit, when I booked this room I wasn't expecting much. I was travelling from FL to MA and needed a place to stay to break up the drive. I grew up in the area, so I knew there was a cluster of hotels at this exit with restaurants and shopping nearby. But the main reason I chose this hotel was that it is pet friendly with no additional pet fee and I had my doggie with me.

I was warmly welcomed upon check-in, the room was recently remodeled and with a nice modern design, and the whole hotel is non-smoking!!! Usually pet rooms are smoking rooms (or used to be and still smell like an ashtray!). This room was clean, smelled great, and had comfortable beds. I travel often for work (about 45 nights/year in hotels) and usually stay in higher-end hotels, so I can't say this was nicest placed I've ever stayed- but for the money it definately was the nicest budget hotel room I've stayed in!!!

It's near a nice shopping mall, many restaurants nearby (Cheeseburger in Paradise for those Jimmy Buffett fans out there! Also Applebees and Chili's- all three within walking distance), University of Delaware, Astra Zeneca, Delaware Park, Christiana Hospital, and it's right off I-95 so easy off/on for those on a roadtrip!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Wilmington? Share your experiences!