“Always enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 299 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Firebirds is a collection of polished casual restaurants offering a refined atmosphere, top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. We are known for our authentic, wood-fired entrees infused with bold flavors, fresh herbs & spices. Our restaurants feature a selection of aged steaks hand-cut in the restaurant, fresh seafood, chicken & ribs seared over local hickory, oak or pecan wood.
Delaware
“Always enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014 NEW credit card Amex Card Member Review

Because it was a Friday and this property is not too far from the mall, I am glad I booked a table in advance. Was with a friend--her first time there. Staff was attentive without being overbearing. Food was good. Nice place for a reasonably priced evening.

Visited December 2014

Bolivia, NC
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

Firebirds was recommended to us and is located in a strip mall. Be prepared to wait for a table on Saturday night. If you are lucky, you can find a table in the bar area; otherwise, there is a long wait for the dining room. The drinks are generous, the food is great and our waiter was very friendly. I had a tasty grilled steak salad. The beef was very tender and the salad was freshly prepared. My husband was pleased with the grilled salmon. If you are in the area, I highly recommend you try Firebirds.

Visited November 2014
Newark, Delaware
“First visit to Firebirds, Newark, DE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Firebirds was friendly with nice atmosphere. The food was excellent. The service very good, attentive, but not overbearing.

• Visited May 2014
Essington, Pennsylvania
“Excellent in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2014

We were looking for a good quality meal at a restaurant where we could talk and linger. We had both eaten at the Firebirds in Arizona and remembered it was delicious with a wonderful atmosphere, so decided to try the Firebirds in Newark DE. I had the pecan encrusted trout with mango salsa which was a delicious and generous portion. My friend had the prime rib--also a very generous serving and delivered as requested --rare enough that he had to chase it around the plate. (Ugh) but nevertheless, it was perfect for him. The manager stopped by the table to verify everything was ok and in the conversation I shared with her that we were there for my birthday. She gave me their birthday discount ($10 off the meal) even though I did not have my birthday coupon with me. I like Firebirds not just for the food and the service but also because it's quiet enough so one can have a private conversation and not be overheard but loud enough where no one else can hear your conversation either. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited November 2014
Indiana
“More to it than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Food: Very good. Had the only pasta dish on the menu and the brownie/ice cream/chocolate sauce/hot caramel sauce. Second time had the Caesar salad with chicken and sat on the patio.

Service: Great. Attentive without being overbearing. Not ignoring. Refilled water quickly. Polite.

Atmosphere: cozy but with tall ceilings. Dark woods, fire (of course), low lights but not so low you have to squint at your food.

What surprised me was that, the second time I went, I found out they had outdoor seating! It was a cozy (read small) patio that made you totally forget that there was a road near by! Big fireplace with an assortment of seating options.

• Visited September 2014