“My favorite spot in Delaware” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 288 restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: 25 Craftbrew Taphandles- all great beer, pub grub and hifgh end- example- foie gras burger, cheeseplate, mini corn dogs
Wilmington, DE
“My favorite spot in Delaware”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We have visited more times then I can count. Always a great spot to meet with friends and have an excellent meal. We just wish it was larger so it's not so hard to get a table!
We had one bad experience with a sneaky server who liked to upsell and serve the large app when it's not what we ordered or knew of the extra charges. We are sure to request others when we go, as most are very good.
Check it out- food is top notch!

85% Recommend
missouri
“Head here whenever I'm in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Beer selection is amazing. Specialize in local, craft beers. Staff knows their beer (at least in the handfull of times I've been, they've been able to suggest brews that were spot on to my tastes). Try the Evolution brews. This may be my new favorite brewery.

The food is excellent. I wouldn't really classify it as "pub food" though. I don't recall any bangers & mash on the menu, but there are some other great choices--and looks like they back local, fresh ingredients, which I appreciate.

Place gets packed in the evenings. Arrive early for a seat.

• Visited November 2011
Wilmington, Delaware
“Go for the beer and the food is even better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Went today for the first time and it is now my new favorite! 25 beers on tap and no domestic! The food is off the hook! This place is doing everything right. Great service, amazing menu and food, and wonderful Pub atmosphere. Dont walk, run on in! Highly recommend it for sure.

• Visited February 2012
Barrington, New Jersey
“Beer, Food and Business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

So there's a Subway in front of this place, and that was weird. thankfully we found the entrance, there are two, and got the last table on a wednesday....they were on a wait at 6pm???? So, we ordered beer based on the server who i will say knew way too much about beer for what we figured was an early 20's college girl. She schooled us...confused us...and the reschooled us again because we looked dazed! In the end- 3 DFH Immorts, 2 Gonzos, rodenbach, some stone brew and we were eating and drinking like kings!
I recommend moderation on both the food and beer, but don't miss any of either!

• Visited January 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
“Definitely would go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I found this on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try. We went early on New Years Eve. Bar on the left, tables on the right. Quick and friendly service. We were given menus and also a beer menu. I don't drink beer but my husband does. There are a lot to chose from and you can do a tasting. As far as food, we chose the house guacamole which had roasted corn and poblano pepper, fish and pork tacos and spicy fries. Guac was excellent! Fish tacos were good but needed something? Pork tacos definitely needed a sauce. Spicy fries had so much sauce you couldn't eat them.. Overall, I'd say they're trying but need to make a few changes to make it great. So good to have something in DE!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Two Stones Pub? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Two Stones Pub, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.