“excellent burgers” 5 of 5 stars

Description: : 302-368-9060
Carneys Point, New Jersey
“excellent burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A great place to get a perfect burger to your liking. They make them just how you want, I also liked that when it comes with lettuce, you don't get a whole head of lettuce, but just enough. The buns compliment the burgers also, not too big. I think the idea is to taste the burger...not all the extras.
Also the fried pickles are the best. Service was good, very attentive, but not annoying.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Maryland, USA
“WHAT A SURPRISE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place was awesome. Driven by this place about a hundred times. Never stopped. Stayed at the Quality Inn behind it, so we could walk to it. Great atmosphere, wonderful servers, fantastic food. You have to try the Chicken & Sausage Gumbo. Words can not describe. Drinks were reasonable. Highly recommend.

Visited October 2012
Delaware
“I liked enough to sign up for the bonus card”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'll start out by being honest, we were trying to go to Jose's Border Cafe. 2nd weekend in a row, and the wait was ungodly so Hubby and I thought to ourselves what's nearby that we haven't been too. I'd never been to Cheeseburger in Paradise and he hadn't been since they'd opened so we figured eh, why not. 7pm on a Saturday night and we did get seated pretty much immediately. Decor is as you'd expect, faux tropical. I appreciate that they put the prices of the cocktails on the menu, I refuse to order drinks in places where I have to ask the price because too often there's an issue with the bill later. Having said that I didn't actually get any booze this trip, although several looked quite tasty and stuck with the Coca Cola Freestyle machine which they have. I love those things, pick your Coca Cola product and add the flavoring of your choice. For me, that meant Coke Zero and Orange flavoring which nicely replicated a drink that's really common in Austria (Spezi). Hubby got himself a Mr Pibb Zero with Cherry Vanilla flavoring, ask yourself how many places can you get a Mr Pibb anyway? Not many.

He got some sort of burger which I didn't taste because it had Velveeta Cheese on it and I can't stand the stuff. He however enjoyed it, and thats what counted. I got the Fried Fish Tacos which were surprisingly good, nicely crisp fish with a tender interior. I liked the pineapple salsa on them but I really wish there had been a bit more of it, or a bit more of the sauce that was on the shredded cabbage because some bites were just overwhelmingly plain shredded cabbage. Still, I'd probably get it again and just ask for more salsa. We also got the pretzel sticks with queso appetizer and it was good. Nice light pretzels with a small crock of white queso. The gumbo, I can't really recommend. It wasn't bad, we picked the okra out because we're not pro-okra (file yes, okra no) and there was plenty of chicken and sausage etc but it just didn't have the depth of flavor I associate with really good gumbo (at say Joe's Border Cafe). I liked that the vegetable sides are substantial and you get a full serving of vegetables in them. Hubby had their broccoli and I had some sort of Mexican/Honey Roasted Corn thingy with bell peppers in it that was really sweet but good.

Stuffed to the gills I didn't have room for dessert but I took home a slice of their Key Lime pie because I love the stuff and its very hard to get any that is even close to correct. Most versions are excessively green, artificially flavored and clearly involve lots of gelatin or look more like Lemon Meringue Pie then real Key Lime pie which should be sorta yellow-green and not neon green. When I got around to eating it the next day at home it was really good, not overly sweet, good lime flavor and clearly made with condensed milk and lime juice vs other ingredients. I don't care if they used some gelatin vs the traditional raw egg yolks, but it tasted more like the real thing then most commercial versions you'll find.

Next time I think we'd skip the gumbo, I might try a different entree perhaps even a burger, and I'll probably get one of those yummy looking cocktails. All in all it was pleasant enough I got one of their bonus/vip cards so we'd earn points and get coupons for whenever we're out that way again and other restaurants are packed, or we're craving a cheeseburger.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia
“Perfect Night Out with Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was our first time ever eating here, and it was great. There was ample space to move around, so you didn't feel like you were sitting on top of each other. The food was delicious, and the location was perfect, and easy to get to from our Hotel.

We will be back when we are in the area again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Britain, Connecticut
“Lots of burgers -of Course!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I found the restaurant to be kind of a noisy place. My burger was good. My fries were cold. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. Good place for a quick bite to eat.

Visited October 2012

If you own or manage Cheeseburger in Paradise, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.