“Our 3rd visit in under 2 months!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #118 of 266 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Mexican
Newark, Delaware
“Our 3rd visit in under 2 months!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have to say, without a doubt, this is by far, the best Mexican food we've ever eaten. As the others have said, the guacamole is the best anywhere EVER!.

The margaritas reminded me of the ones we had well off the beaten path in Cozumel. Not sugary, mildly lime tasting with enough tequila to enjoy.

We're still loving Taco Tuesdays, but now they do Nacho Saturdays with $3.99 Cuervo margaritas. Can't wait to go back really soon for that.

Rarely do a rate a restaurant more than once, but Igor really does a fantastic job, and remembers his patrons. We always get acknowledged when he sees us. DId I mention the atmosphere? Check out the hand painted bar stools.

GO HERE! You won't be sorry.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newark, Delaware
“Hidden out of sight in a little shopping center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My wife and I were looking for a place to go for dinner. Neither of us knew what we wanted that night. So we're going round and round for several hours, and my wife comes up with this place.

OK, nothing was sounding good, and Mexican wasn't sounding bad, so we agreed. It's in what I would call a difficult shopping center. With a Wawa on site, traffic can be a real nightmare at times, and we generally just avoid the entire shopping center. If it wasn't for Salvatore's Italian Bistro, which is right next door to Morelia's, we'd never go into the shopping center.

We get to the restaurant, and right away it feels good inside. The atmosphere, the air conditioning, and the Hostess, all made us feel comfortable. On their website, they advertise an extensive selection of domestic and foreign beers. Draft and bottled. I always ask how much a beer is because, you never know. I paid $38 for 2 margaritas in Mexico one time, so better safe than sorry. Our waitress went over the specials, and informed us beer was $2.00. So my wife asks, which beers specifically, and she answered, All beers. Well, now we're off to a good start.

It was a Tuesday night and another special was $2.00 taco's. Generally that would have been what we ordered, but we were very hungry, and the menu looked great. I ordered the house sampler, and my wife ordered a steak sampler. More food then we could possible eat, for around $13 a plate. They bring you a big basket of the muti-colored corn chips as well as a bowl of fresh salsa, and a bowl of hot sauce. A few beers and the chips, and we could have easily just ordered one taco.

We're glad we ordered the samplers. It was some of the best Mexican food either of us had ever tasted. Now we know what the options are, plus they had dozens of more choices. The beers were cold, the food was hot, service prompt, and Igor the owner, very friendly.

They also advertise premium and rare tequilas. We started with Patrone Silver, and thanks to Igor, finished up with the very best Tequila we'd ever had. I wish I could remember the name, but I can tell you, forget the salt and lime, just enjoy the flavor of fine Tequila.

Igor was great. He's done a fantastic job putting his restaurant together. You can tell he really is concerned with customer satisfaction. Some of the girls speak broken English, but that certainly lends a nice touch to the whole experience. A very pleasant group of people.

You'd never know the place was there, and if it wasn't for stumbling across their web page, we'd never have visited this restaurant. It's a shame, he's hidden. If more people knew how great the food was, they'd be packed every day of the week. Forget the chain restaurants, and the majority of the others, this is a must try in my book.

We went last Tuesday and we're heading back there again today (This Tuesday). We're trying the $2 tacos and $2 beers and taking a bunch of family and friends with us this time.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newark, Delaware
“Best Mexican place around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is truly the best Mexican place in the state - LOVE LOVE LOVE. Their guac is absolutely amazing, as are their apps and entrees. Everything is authentic, inexpensive and DELICIOUS!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenville, Delaware
“Best Mexican in Wilmington.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We are from the West with lots of Mexican choices and this place is, hands down, the tastiest Mexican around. I just wish they could perfect a light and crispy chile relleno but the enchiladas and tacos and retried beans are delicious. Nice staff.

Visited February 2012
Delaware
“Enchiladas and Horchata”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I really enjoy the enchiladas with mole here. On some nights you can get a huge glass of Horchata water. If you like rice pudding, you will love this drinkable version.

Visited April 2011