“The only chinese food & sushi I eat in Newark” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 299 Restaurants in Newark
Cuisines: Asian
Newark, Delaware
“The only chinese food & sushi I eat in Newark”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is my hands down favorite asian food restaurant. The fact that it always is crowded at lunch - especially with groups of chinese speaking diners speaks for itself. The lunch specials are the best way to go - soup, egg roll and a hot plate for $9.95 or 2 or 3 sushi roll or boxes - can't be beat. Their normal prices are a little higher, but for what you get, it's more than worth it to not be eating disgusting "chinese food". The General Tso's chicken is sweet but the best around, the Korean Beef is fantastic, the hot and sour soup is delicious, shrimp teriyaki is my friend's favorite, and the spicy tuna roll is always good. Their Bamboo Roll is also one of my favorites - but as a specialty roll, it's huge. One of them is pretty much all I need (although sometimes I'll sneak a spicy tuna as well). So far the only complaint I've had is that sometimes we had to wait if it was too crowded (not a bad sign), and sometimes the dishes we ordered were great separately but not in combination with each other (which is our own fault). So, no real complaints, I guess.

The decor is fine, music is never overwhelming, I only wish it was a bigger place!

• Visited December 2013

Dover, Delaware
“Most original”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Bamboo House makes the most original Chinese food i Delaware. Also, they are open when others are not..

It is interesting to note that the entire shopping center has suffered economic problems yet the Bamboo House has outlived them all. Must be good food

• Visited December 2013
Fair Hill, MD
“Great food, but not cheap.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The have the best lo mein I have ever had. They serve both Chinese and Japanese food. My ratings only reflect the Chinese. Be advised that the food is not cheap. Portions are large enogh for sharing at the table. Service is always good, but some servers speak limited English.

• Visited August 2013
Newark Delaware
“Bamboo House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We often come here for Asian food, and enjoy the variety. You can have Suzie, or other Asian style foods. The staff is very helpful. And I have noticed that many of the folks coming here are Asian,, so they know what is good food.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newark, Delaware
“Consistenly Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We always enjoy the food and the service is very friendly and attentive. Prices are resonable and it is very popular with the native Asian community. To me, that's always a good sign. Tonight I went alone. I enjoyed the wonton soup, shrimp with vegetables, brown rice and coconut ice cream for desert - Yummy.

• Visited June 2013