“A reasonably priced and very nice buffet restaurant.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Buffet
mid-Atlantic region
“A reasonably priced and very nice buffet restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

I dined at Michael's for a family birthday party-- my first visit. Basically, this is a buffet-style restaurant, however, what sets it apart from other buffets is its atmosphere. It is not a huge dining hall with crowds of people darting and bumping into each other. Instead, Michael's has small adjacent dining areas and banquet rooms with low ceilings, pastel wall colors, and nice framed art work. It all makes a nice ambience for family dining.

The food was very good; nothing fancy or complicated-- just good tasteful food. The salad bar was plentiful and the hot entrees were also satisfying. Although Michael's does not have the wide variety of choices that the larger buffet chains offer, everything that Michael does offer tastes vey good! Quality over quantity. Everyone at my table enjoyed their food-- no complaints. And we all ate seconds.

My only critique is the room temperature. The sterno burners, an open hearth and low ceilings make the restaurant too warm. Our banquet room (for 40 people) had a door leading to an outdoor patio, but we were not allowed to prop open the door. Plus, the windows were sealed shut. So, by the end of our 3-hour party, it was uncomfortably warm-- especially for a sunny spring day. Other than that, we all had an enjoyable party and dining experience at Michael's Restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not Bad...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Good Service , good food, good prices. It's fast fresh coffee great pancakes. For something fast this is a great stop in Delaware

Newark, Delaware
“Love the salad bar "did not like loaded baked potato"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Hungry-love the salad bar, always fresh. had filet and asked for a loaded baked potato. Came out and had sour cream on the side, wanted the cheese and the bacon taste on that potato. Waitress apologized and took it back. Looked good cheese melted on top. I went to fluff the potato and was shocked that I was pulling out onions. I have been ordering loaded potatoes for yrs and always got cheese sour cream butter and bacon. The taste of the onion and the cheese and mushrooms was not my flavor..pulled it off and decided to just eat the plain potato, the onion
mushrooms and whatever they sautéed it in ruined the potato..never agin..I was told that next time I should order what I want on it..usually the waitress tells me what is on the potato. the buffet was not good. the carver walked away with cust in line. not going back for awhile

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Newark, Delaware
“Very good saladbar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We really like their cold salad bar. But the hot buffet, which adds only a couple of dollars, never looks very good. The Maryland crap soup that comes with the cold salad bar is really good. Worth a second cup! We seldom have the other items on their large menu because we go for the salad bar.

Visited February 2014
New Castle, Delaware
“Not impressed, go somewhere else for breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Today my husband and I went here for their breakfast buffet. It was $12.99 per person and wow, it was a rip-off. Next time we"ll stick to IHOP, Mary's, or Old Country Buffett. The selection of food was not impressive, their sticky buns were from a box, and the muffins were cold and hard. The red velvet cookies were burnt. Also, there were no special toppings for waffles, pancakes, and French toast. The best food was their pork sausage and it was nothing too special. For $12.99, I was hoping for quality and quantity but the joke was on us. Even the coffee tasted less-than-average. Yuck.

Our waitress wasn't very pleasant but she wasn't mean. She almost seemed annoyed when I asked for a second and third plate. I also had to ask her to refill my water because she kept looking at my empty glass.

Seriously, go somewhere else. There are better places in Delaware. I promise you, you'll be glad you did.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Michael's Restaurant? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Michael's Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.