“Overpriced Super 8 in New Castle, DE” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 New Castle

Save Saved
You added Super 8 New Castle to your Saves list
Super 8 New Castle
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   215 S Dupont Highway, I-95 Exit 5A to Rt 141, New Castle, DE 19720   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in New Castle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Having stayed here a number of times and actually stayed at another Hotel prior to this stay;+$$
because of the overall appearance. This July such an improvement ! New Bedding;Curtains;Paint;
Furniture;Carpeting(not all completed)but a great effort!! Breakfast was skimpy the morning we
left so we stopped on the road; Overall they have made a great change considering we stop in
New Castle 2-3 + times a year.. Good Hotel to stop overnight and an excellent value. Breakfast offerings need improving (could have been an oversight that we did not mention)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramesh P, General Manager at Super 8 New Castle, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thanks for your review and your Super Stay with our Super 8. I hope we will host you in
near future with more improvement (LED TV)....
Newport News, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Upon entering this motel I really did not have very high hopes, because the front desk attendant was enclosed with bullet proof glass, this kind of made me nervous of the area. Check in was smooth & easy, our room was the average room, fridge, microwave, etc. They tried to update by adding newer comforters to the bed. Upon entering the bathroom i noticed there was only two towels which for a room that had two doubles, there should have been more towels provided. I went to the front desk & asked for another towel, the desk attendant was very friendly and apologized for that issue. The beds were pretty comfy but too small for two people. The pillows could be replaced as they were the kind where you need at least two to be comfortable. I always bring an extra pillow nowadays to accommodate for inadequate pillows, as just lately i have had my fair share of crappy pillows. We were told that breakfast was between 6-9am, but by the time we went to breakfast there was nothing there, which was around 8.30am. So i can't review how it tasted, so we ended just going to a WAWA, for a breakfast croissant. Overall not bad place to lay your head, considering the other hotels in the area were over $100 a night, or roach motels. This hotel is on hwy 13 if you coming into DE on a back hwy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ramesh P, General Manager at Super 8 New Castle, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thanks for your honest review about our Super 8. In our area it is standard practice for most of
Hotels to have glass cover Guest Registration after 10 pm but our entire lobby and corridor to
guest room is always unrestricted for guest. Sorry to hear that you did not have enough breakfast
around 8:30 am. we will try our best that next guest will not experience that. I hope we will host
you in future again with your expectation.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked the room through Booking.com - front desk staff friendly and helpful. I never made it to breakfast, but made coffee in my room, which was very tasty. Room was very clean - although not needed, I had a handicap accessible bathroom which gave me lots of room - I was spread out all over the room, but housekeeping managed to work around me and make the room up and give me clean linen every day.

As a solo traveler, I felt safe and secure in the hotel - and my room. The hotel was priced reasonably, the main reason for my choice. It is a basic economy hotel, but clean, a major requirement of mine.

Room Tip: I was near the ice machine on the first floor, but I am a great sleeper, so it did not bother me. I...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ramesh P, General Manager at Super 8 New Castle, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thanks for staying with Us and review our hotel. Look forward to host you again in future.

Been to Super 8 New Castle? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 New Castle

Address: 215 S Dupont Highway, I-95 Exit 5A to Rt 141, New Castle, DE 19720
Location: United States > Delaware > New Castle
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in New Castle
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 New Castle 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 New Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
New Castle Super 8
New Castle Super Eight
Super Eight New Castle

If you own or manage Super 8 New Castle, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;