“Great location, service and value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in New Castle
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Great location, service and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find location on highway with great service desk person for late night arrivals. Females or young families traveling late at night will feel safe pulling in. Can park right by room, bring pets, has fridge & nice little breakfast area. Not a high end hotel but for the price it felt clean, comfortable, convenient and safe.

• Stayed October 2013
Paul R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Skyways New Castle, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
While all comments are appreciated, to either help us to improve, or show us that our efforts are noticed, your are particularly rewarding, as they spoke of cleanliness and good service. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pecatonica, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stay in a lot if hotels alone on business,this is one that I was glad to not be alone. The rooms have an outdoor entry and a small balcony with a sliding door as well. To get to the room on the 2nd floor was a pain. The hotel did not have a lot of guest but our room was in a back building. Th hotel complex has several. The room is very outdated. We arrived after dark and left before the morning sun which mat have been a benefit for us.The room was clean not spotless but in sunshine it may have been worse. The pastel yellow tub brought back memories of the 1970's.

The front desk staff was congenial and our wake up call was on time. We did not eat breakfast because we had an early flight.at the airport which is right next to the hotel within walking distance!

If you are looking for a convenient hotel by the airport, then this may be the place for you. I really don't think I would stay again.

Room Tip: The airport is not too busy so don't worry about a lot of noise from it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
While it is heartening that we handled the basics of keeping our property clean and handled the service issues well, I am sorry that we may not be seeing you again. We do also have a separate suites building, more modern than our exterior rooms. Perhaps that may be more of what you are looking for. I hope that you will give us another look when staying again in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Went there for the kids to stay over and swim before school starts. Well the pics on the website did not say pool being demolished. Told to go to owners other hotel 1 mile away well the pictures do not tell a true story very bad area and staff was rude so after 2 hour journey we went to the doubltree on 202 had a great time makes sense to pay more and enjoy

• Stayed September 2013
My apologies to you. We did have a notice on the website that noted that our pool was closed for the season, and I apologize that it was not more prominent. Regarding the staff response, I am especially disappointed, as it is one area that we tend to get our best remarks. I will be certain to make sure that all our staff understand that while we may not be the newest property around, having a clean room and offering exemplary service is what will set us apart from even newer properties.
Lumberton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

When I began traveling for business in 1990, all hotels looked like this. Cheaply veneered MDF furniture, cheap wall sconce lamps, heavy TV, crunchy carpet, cheap bathroom door, pastel colored tub, exterior entry door, etc. The bathroom was clean with freakishly shiny ceramic tile floor. The toilet took forever to flush.The bed was weirdly tiny with a very lumpy mattress. Huge pool, but no water in it (??)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your comments, as it helps us to see our property through the eyes of our guests. We have begun our refresh program, with recently changing out our carpeting and draperies, as well as changing out televisions to flat screen. As can be imagined, quite an expense. Our next step is to refresh the hardgood furniture items. I hope that should you visit again, that we will have that in place for you.
Beaacon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Anne
New York, NY
July 17, 2013

Hello dear people. This is a long message, but I think it's worth the read. I think we should all try to make sure each person have a nice peaceful holiday when they visit a hotel. Well, be aware of this hotel. I used to always stay here, but not anymore. I stayed there a few weeks ago and as soon as I came into the room I looked on the pillows and underneathe thank God. I seen 1 live Bed Bug and 2 dead ones under the pillow. How gross is that?????? I called right away and reported it to the front desk clerk. She said she would give me another room, so I tool it. The next morning I asked a gentlemen about the report to make sure it was taken care of. No one should stay in that room without it being thouroughly cleaned. I stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites, New Castle DE. Room 235 on the 2nd level was the effective room. I read that you should not even stay in a room next door if you know there's Bed Bugs in the room next to you. I wouldn't stay in that room if they offered it to me free every year!!! Anyway, he told me he seen that it was reported. well, I got home and after a few days later I just wanted to make the manager knew about the report.
I also abhor thoses filthy, crawling things. So, I speak with the manager and she had no idea about any report. She asked me why am I just calling about it after 7 or what ever days, but I told her I complained about it as soon as I notice that it was Bed Bugs. They never reported it.
That's ashame! Someone is going to get that room not knowing those bedbugs are over the pillows and every where else. That is so wrong. They lied and kept it hidden. That really makes me even more angry too know that they don't care about the next guest that enters that room. Now isn't that ashame for them to not even report it? So, be aware folks. I would not want to see anyone bitten by those gross things, especially a little baby or young child. It would be really aweful! If you see it, PLEASE always report it. It helps all of us to make a better choice when booking a hotel. I know it's time consuming, but look what you've just learned by reading my note. Worth it? I think so. Have a nice comfortable summer folks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Stella S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Skyways New Castle, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
While there is no excuse for any bug to be anywhere other than outside, please rest a bit easier, in that after our exterminator's inspection, what you found was not a bed bug. Your comments were reported to our maintenance and housekeeping departments, who have a specific protocol to follow, which includes having our exterminator evaluate the room. I am sorry that the manager was not aware of the report, as it would have made you feel a bit more comfortable that we addressed the issue. We are under new management and I can assure you that each comment, good or not, is discussed by our management team and with the staff of the appropriate area. Again, please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations, especially as you had stayed with us before and had good experiences. Please feel free to contact me, Paul Rada, if you are returning to the area.
Evergreen, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I admit, I have been somewhat spoiled by the plethora of newer motel properties out in the western states, and every time I go back east I am generally underwhelmed at the quality of the "family budget friendly" choices available to me. This trip was no exception. We flew into New Castle County (Wilmington) Delaware airport on July 4, too late to rent a car and in need of a place to stay either within walking distance or a short cab ride away. I booked at this Quality Suites in part because it is only a couple of hundred yards from the airport terminal (a short walk), and partly because I am a member of the Choice Hotels rewards program. My first impression of the property was very good - the lobby and guest breakfast areas are newly renovated and very inviting. But the rooms (we booked two) were last updated circa 1980 or so, and with the exception of a flat screen TV they apparently have seen no improvements since. While adequate, and mostly clean, I would not recommend this property for more than a single night stay if you are enroute to or from the Wilmington, DE area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
While we are getting near to a renovation of the property, I am glad that you found your accommodations clean and the breakfast and registration areas good. We do have a separate, interior corridor, all suites building, that is very nicely and newly appointed. Perhaps on your next visit, we could show you one of our suites.
Alexandria Bay, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Nice stay. Holiday stay. Latrine stuffed-up the morning we left though. It was a near-perfect stay. :-) Other than that good service, and complimentary breakfast.

*Optimal location. I would have to see a better location to believe it.

*besides the Latrine acting up--(which threw me into a 'sensitive funk'-i got' all wimpy acting- I donno why--think it was 'cause I wanted mine wife to have the best time). I'd say they're on the road to perfection.

* Pricing was fair--even with it being the holidays. 20% cheaper would'a made it a bargain. 15% below that would'a made it a 'Steal'--I know, I know ( I apologize) I had to go there! :-D Esp., it being the holidays.

*They did make up for the Latrine, though, because they provided Triple A, and other such specialty-criteria group discounts.

All-in-all, my wife says it was decent and clean.

Room Tip: Do the Farmers' Market on that strip. You will not regret it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Stella S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Skyways New Castle, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Skyways New Castle? Share your experiences!