“Never again...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Airport

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Airport to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Airport
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   232 S Dupont Hwy, Rt. 13 & 40 split, New Castle, DE 19720   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in New Castle
Ontario
“Never again...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

If were had not been so exhausted we would have not stayed. I did not sleep well, and kept checking the door and trying to keep the curtains covering any part of the window that could be looked in when the lights were on. First glance it was clean but NOTHING like they show in the pictures. We were glad to pack up as soon as we woke the next morning. We did NOT take our luggage inside, just in case.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for a week. 2 days ago I noticed bites showing up all over my body. I asked to switch rooms.. the guy at the front desk said I would have to wait until the next day. It's 4am I am tired and have to work 12 hours tomorrow. I can't sleep because I itch so bad. Someone please shoot me.

• Stayed March 2012
Phillipsburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

So we were on our way to Williamsburg, VA and due to some VERY heavy traffic around Philly on I-95 we got into DE very late and by 11:30 pm my son and I were both very tired so I was looking for some place to sleep quickly. We tried the Super 8 first but they were booked so we drove across the street to the Econo Lodge. The desk clerk (in both places by the way) sit behind bullet proof glass and there's a sign that says "No Hoodies." Hmmm do I smell high crime area? I was so tired I didn't want to risk driving too much further so I took a room. The bed was comfortable, but other than that, I wouldn't walk barefoot on the carpet as it was so dirty/greasy, and the bathroom was pretty stank too. We slept a few hours and checked out. I did get a free cup of coffee at check out. When I got back on the road, I realized if I'd driven 10-15 more minutes I could've gotten my choice of much cleaner accomodations. If you're going thru this area or flying out...drive the extra 10 minutes.

Stayed August 2007

Been to Econo Lodge Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Airport

Econo Lodge New Castle
New Castle Econo Lodge
Address: 232 S Dupont Hwy, Rt. 13 & 40 split, New Castle, DE 19720
Location: United States > Delaware > New Castle
Free Breakfast Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in New Castle
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Econo Lodge Airport 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Econo Lodge Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Econo Lodge Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.