“Fabulous Find!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in New Castle
Cincinnati, OH
“Fabulous Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Clean, Spacious, Modern, Luxurious...everything you'd like to have in a night away from home. The gym was great! The only complaint was the air conditioning. It was difficult to control the temperature of both the bedroom and entertainment areas. The unit was controlled in the bedroom area which made it much cooler than the other areas. Otherwise a perfect place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

A late afternoon change of plans and a really great rate via Priceline led me to this omnipresent structure on the side of 95 North. I can tell you this is one of the best Sheratons I have seen anywhere.

Abha was kind enough to give a quiet room. I didn't know it was Sheraton Preferred (I am one) since it doesn't count on this type of reservation. The room was huge and clean and didn't have any weird smells and had a parlor with wet bar, a very clean and well kept bathroom and a huge bedroom with a very comfortable king. There were two flat screens in the room with a major array of channels.

Food was good, if not a little overpriced in the atrium bar. There was even live music. Wifi was quick and without issues in the lobby and ALL parts of the room. Kudos for them allowing "us" to work in bed.
Overall just a perfect overnight stay for a very tired traveller. Great to know this long empty building is now a top notch hotel.

Room Tip: Room with 40 are inside and away from the road.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Abha helped me both with in-room dining and a problem at the front desk and provided excellent service. The hotel itself was well maintained and a very nice property. Not too far from the Christiana mall with great dining amenities.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Wilmington South for nearly 3 weeks in July, and it was a fantastic experience. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. Had no issues with noise or faulty appliances. The shower was modern and the bathroom was relatively spacious. The restaurant next to the lobby was very good and convenient (special thanks to Ali and Candy for their amazing service and friendliness).

The location itself is, at first glance, a little out of the way right off the highway, but it's only 10 minutes to Wilmington and there is little traffic, so it wasn't a problem. The fitness center and pool were nice features, as was the relaxing lounge/bar next to the restaurant.

Special shout-out to Abha, Ali and Candy (already mentioned above, but I had to do it twice) for their great help in making my stay very comfortable.

Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Wilmington South (New Castle, DE) for just one night, and were disappointed when we had to leave! The room was clean, comfortable, and allowed us to totally control the temperature! The bathroom was sufficient, and the shower head not too weak (as we find in most hotels). We arrived into ILG late, so did not get to enjoy any cocktails or evening dinner service, however, we had breakfast in the restaurant and it was very good, and the staff was very accommodating! The staff were ALL friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver, Bennie, was very pleasant, and told us some info about New Castle & Wilmington. The Front Desk was extremely friendly. The price was right. There is not much else in the area, as it practically sits on I95. But even with that, the hotel was very quiet at night! I was surprised at how beautiful & clean the hotel is. But there was an employee picking up/cleaning almost every time I stepped out of my door. VERY NICE

Room Tip: Our room did not face the freeway, so I suspect that is why it was so quiet. I would request a room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Discovered this hotel right after its opening in December of 2011; I traveled for work and after retirement my husband and I used it as our weekend getaway! First and foremost Debbie Demarco-Selfridge is the face of the hotel as the best bartender on the planet. Her original creations always surprise and delight us when we arrive (Starwood you need to to recognize this lady)! The rooms are beautiful and the others on staff are always helpful and know us by name. We love it here and would recommend it for any type of stay!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was at the Sheraton on June 7 for a luncheon and I lost my expensive camera. When I asked Candy Roberts, a staff member, over a week later to see if anyone found it, I was told that Zoltan found it and turned it in. I want to thank Zoltan for being honest and I give him my utmost gratitude!! There are not a lot of people who would have turned something of such value in but, I am very thankful to him. Also, the food was awesome and Candy was the most pleasant and gracious staff member who directed me and my son, the performer, to and from the banquet room and other locations within the hotel. I recommend this hotel to any travelers, party planners and businesses.
Senee Oates

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Wilmington South? Share your experiences!