“What a gem!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Sacramento, CA
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise. I had a mini suite with a very comfortable bed. The room was cozy and quiet. Great TV. Staff is friendly. The property is spotless. It is not close to anything, so make sure you've got transportation.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
High Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I went to Delaware to attend a funeral. Sister had a lot of folks staying with her so we grab found this hotel. This place looks like a resort. I mean absolutely Gorgeous. The staff behind the desk, nice warm smile and greeting. I wish I had got names of employees while I was there to say how much they really made I trip an enjoyable one. My 23 year old daughter wants to come back to the hotel.

Staff behind desk, the young woman who ask if I wanted to be seated in restaurant, the young man that took a moment to help me find a Good Will Store. Let me say this, I live in North Carolina and I could go and stay in this hotel for a week and spend most of my time in the hotel and say I had a nice vacation.

24 hour Business Center, Exercise Room unlike anything I've seen in a hotel. Let me just say thanks to, err body ,working at the Sheraton Wilmington South Hotel.

Room Tip: Want a nice hotel, stay here, and get pampered by the staff.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Willie S-
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Wilmington South!
It makes be very glad as a part of this staff that you had such an enjoyable experience with us. I am very sorry for your loss and that was the reason you were brought you to our hotel.
We have a great staff of associates here at the Sheraton Wilmington South, I am glad you pointed them out, we are very proud of them!
Thank you as well for pointing out all the amenities of our hotel, we are glad that you could feel like you were on a vacation if you werent to leave here for a whole week!
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you come back to visit again soon!

Hopewell Junction, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a treat right off I-95 near the Delaware Memorial Bridge. The lobby area is more like the lobby of a 5 star city hotel. Beautiful atrium type bar/lounge area is in center of it all. We had a junior suite that was spectacular. Jacuzzi in an extraordinary large bathroom. French doors from living room area to master bedroom. Our family came across a late night ice storm and roads became impassable, closing the bridge ahead of us. So we pulled in here and could not have been more welcomed. Staff was excellent.
This hotel is by itself so you are held to their food service which didnt seem to offer any quick, reasonably priced late night pizza/hot wing/wrap type of options. But the front desk did offer a take out menu from an excellent nonchain,local Italian pizza type place which delivered promptly with great family style coupons.
We used the indoor pool area which had a great hot tub but the pool was impossibly cold. There is a large open gym area.
If you have the opportunity to say here, you will be very happy

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear bonsue90-
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Wilmington South!
I would absolutely agree, we have a great lobby! I would say it is one of the most beautiful lobbies for a hotel in the area!
I am glad that you made a safe decision to stop driving for the evening because of the storm and that we were able to accommodate you in that vulnerability! I will bring up with my Food and Beverage team about options for late night food offerings.
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Milford, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We had a free night points stay at this hotel. I considered the downtown Sheraton but was concerned with crime issues. I am glad I took this place, it is wonderful.

From the moment I stepped in the staff was great. They have me a free upgrade for being a SPG member and offered a quick explanation of all the amenities.

Later than evening I asked about taxi service to downtown and the cost. They answered my question and I went to the free computer lounge. They hunted me down and addressed me by name offering a free shuttle ride there and back. What a pleasant surprise. Kudos to the staff!

The rooms was very nice and clean. The decor pleasing and functional. Room had a wet bar, refridge and microwave.

If I stay in this area again this will absolutely be my first choice!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear mac4216-
Thank you for using your SPG StarPoints to stay at the Sheraton Wilmington South! We very much appreciate your decision!
I am glad to hear that our Front Office staff was accommodating and showed great hospitality to yourself, that has always been and will forever be our goal to please our guests to the utmost!
Thank you again for staying with us, and we very much look forward to seeing you again soon!

Cape Cod
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Actually it's right off of 95N but it's all by itself. Travelling alone this time it creeped me out just a little bit...but when I got to the hotel it was really one of the very best Sheraton's I've stayed at (belong to starwood hotels so I stay at them all the time). Marcel checked me in with such personality and respect...he even came out from behind the desk to give me a visual tour of the (very large) lobby. For some reason they upgraded me to a Junior Suite...SCORE! That was truly awesome. The pool and fitness center are spectacular. Nice job on this one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear debbmm-

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Wilmington South! I would agree, our property is quite the gem! We are directly located off of Airport Rd, which does seem distant from other civilization, but luckily we are close to many Fortune 500 companies, the Christiana Mall, and more!
I am very glad to hear that Marcel exemplified superior hospitality, and I will pass that compliment along to him. We are very glad you enjoyed the Junior Suite and all the amenities we have to offer!
Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had driven by this hotel for years while it stood empty for convoluted reasons which you can google. It was nice when I finally stayed here to see it alive with people and activity. I knew from the reviews it was tricky to get to so I mapped it ahead of time but still failed at first. Pay close attention and you can find it! When I left to head over the Delaware Memorial Bridge I just skipped the whole 95/295 thing and took the longer but simpler route to 13 and then to 295 which was less stressful.
I had a nice, brief stay so I didn't use too many of the facilities. The front desk was very busy when I checked in but still very friendly. They have a little "store" with food and drinks by the front desk.
I like a good view but didn't realize the hotel was V-shaped so I did not ask for an exterior view which I should have. Bed was great. Suite was not huge but very comfortable. It was designed like a lot of the Embassy Suites and had a little sink where the counter, coffee maker, fridge and microwave are. It was all very functional and bed and linens were great.

Room Tip: If you like to open your curtains ask for an exterior view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Nemokota-
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton Wilmington South! I would agree, it has been a shame that this building has stood vacant for so many years, but we are very glad to have been open now for over a year!
We appreciate your brief but enjoyable stay with us! It sounds like you were in a Junior Suite, which are spacious in comparison to our standard rooms, but I would absolutely suggest the Deluxe Suite next time, it is almost double the size of a standard room with a jacuzzi, french doors, 2 LCD TV's, and much more!
Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Last minute booking for Christmas - this brand new reno property (1yr old I believe) was perfectly central, perfectly modern, and all the right ammenities. Honored points and upgraded me to the suite. We used the Gym, the Pool, and the Restaurant- and loved the very friendly and warm staff.

We even had to utilize the pull-out couch for an added guest, and the hotel was very amazing and accomodating to our every request. You made our stay for the holidays very memorable. I will definitely stay here again, and highly recommend to anyone traveling for business/personal. It's right by I-95/ the Mall/ Convenience Stores, etc. And it's like an oasis facing Churchman's marsh with no other buidling adjutting. Very very nice!

Thank you, Sheraton team. A+

Room Tip: King Suites are huge, separate living area from bedroom and fantastic spa bathroom with soaking spa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Dear Dawn S-
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Sheraton Wilmington South over your Christmas holiday! We are glad you enjoyed all the amenities of our hotel and that you found not only the hotel, but its location to be suitable and enjoyable for yourself!
Even though we are a new property, we added another amenity in the pull out sofa beds in our Deluxe Suites, we are glad you noticed them!
Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Jeremy C

Been to Sheraton Wilmington South? Share your experiences!