“Best hotel stay ever!!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
“Best hotel stay ever!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

As a frequent traveler, I can truly say that this was the best experience I have ever had in a hotel. Not only was the staff extremely accommodating but the rooms were phenomenal. The location was perfect, off the highway, a little in the middle of nowhere but close to everything. The only complaint I have is the walls seem very thin or perhaps I just had loud neighbors. I highly recommend this hotel and have actually booked another stay for this weekend!

• Stayed November 2012
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear dhmdwf-
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Wilmington South! We appreciate your feedback about our hotel and we are glad that you had a memorable experience with us!
I apologize for the noise from the next door room but I am glad that you still had a great experience. Hopefully that does not happen again, but if so please let our Front Office team know, they are more than glad to assist in anyway possible! The way that you described our hotel was perfect, thank you for that!
Thank you so much for recommending our hotel, and we look forward to seeing you again for your next stay!

Jeremy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed at the sheraton and as always it was wonderful. The hotel has not been open for a year and I have already stayed twice. Jason at the front desk went above and beyond to make sure what I ordered was correct. He was very friendly and helpful. Christine in sales did a wonderful job helping me make up mind for room service. The room was clean and cozy as always. Jacuzzi in the bathroom is the perfect touch. The hotel is right off of 95 and a few minute drive to the mall and Philly. Just a great place to relax! And the beds r out of this world. Will definitely be back soon!

Dear Tiab3-
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Wilmington South! We appreciate your loyalty that you have already returned to our property for a second time!
Thank you for such kind words about our staff. Jason, one of our Rooms Supervisors, is a new addition to the team and we are glad to have him! I am very glad to hear that from our Associates to our Amenities, you were very pleased with your stay with us. The beds that you mentioned is the fabulous Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, Sheraton actually offers them for sale at www.Sheraton-Hotelsathome.com!
We are very glad you enjoyed your last two stays with us, and we look forward to seeing you for the third!

Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed on the third floor and our room's heater made an intermittent rattling/pinging noise throughout the night. Sounded similar to hail, or handfuls of pebbles being thrown at a window. Each time I was just on the verge of falling asleep it would happen again. We thought it was only our heater but family members next door had the same sound coming from their heater. Maybe it's only the third floor? We were exhausted the next day.

Other than that, it's a nice place. Rooms attractively decorated. Beds are comfortable. Nice layout with huge open atrium in the center. Everything looks brand new. Staff are extremely welcoming and friendly. Food in restaurant was fine. Gym is really nice-- very clean and lots of new equipment-- about 4 treadmills, 4 ellipticals, weight equipment, a couple of other cardio pieces . Pool looked nice but we didn't have a chance to go in. Restaurant food was fine.

As other reviewers have noted, it's in the middle of nowhere, just off the highway. If you are looking to walk around to restaurants, etc, you are better off staying at the other Sheraton in Wilmington (which is walking distance to the Amtrak station).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear praline1111-
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Sheraton Wilmington South! I am incredibly sorry about the experience you had regarding the HVAC units in our rooms, it was not acceptable. It seemed as if this occurred later in the evening as you were trying to sleep so I see how this inconvenienced you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Front Office team to see how we can help resolve any problems while staying with us, we are focused on making sure you have the best experience possible. Again I am very sorry for that happening.
I am very thrilled you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us, you seemed to have enjoyed our Sheraton Fitness Center by Core Performance! For a hotel of our size, our Sheraton Fitness Center is very large to accommodate the needs of our traveling guests.
As you and other travelers have noted, yes we are off of I-95, which is convenient to many, but not to all, which is completely understandable. My sincere hope is that our Front Office team was able to provide you with many restaurants and shopping attractions (like the Christiana Mall) all within a close driving proximity.
Again, thank you so much for staying with us, I have noted the comment about the 3rd floor HVAC and will speak with my Engineering team. I hope that we will be able to see you again soon!

providence
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had the great opportunity to spend one night only at this lovely hotel. The space was clean, comfortable and pleasant. The bed was super comfortable. All hotel staff were probably one of the nicest group of people I have met in my travels, from the shuttle driver to reception staff. Professional, welcoming, courteous, so very helpful are only a few accolades I can say about this great group. I recommend the Sheraton Wilmington without exception!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear paulasw-
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Wilmington South, we appreciate you trying us out as you traveled to this area. I am very glad that our hotel amenities met your satisfaction during your stay with us. The bed you mentioned is actually the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, it is one of the best beds in a hotel today, and it is available for purchase via Sheraton at Home!
I am very thankful for your kind words about our Associates, as you said, they are a very great group, and they are very committed to our guests! We appreciate your recommendation to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since it opened in Dec 2011. The rooms are great, but it's the staff that really makes this place a home away from home. They go out of their way to be helpful and make sure that you are comfortable. Special shout out to Debbie and Ali for their hospitality in the lounge. The food here is a cut above your traditional hotel fare and the creative drink specials never disappoint. It's always a pleasure to visit here.

Dear mjmonti-
Thank you for being such a loyal guest of the Sheraton Wilmington South! You have been with us almost as long as I have! I am so excited to hear that our amenities meet your satisfaction, but even more so excited that our associates create the environment you are so willing to return to week after week!
I would also like to thank Debbie and Ali as you did, we have a great Food & Beverage team who is very innovative with what they want to offer our guests, and I am sure they appreciate how you notice those details like the menu and drink specials!
We appreciate your loyalty more than you could know, and we hope that as long as you travel to Delaware, that you will continue to stay with us!

richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

What can I say, but beautiful hotel....we were upgraded to a junior suite. Not sure why but why question it? The hotel itself was beautiful inside and out. Not sure if this was a new hotel but if not, it did look like it. Very friendly and personable hotel staff and the bed felt like sleeping on a cloud. What kind of mattress is on the bed? Would really like to know. Got this off of hotwire and the price was right!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear LaGreta a-
Thank you very much for staying at the Sheraton Wilmington South! We are very glad we were able to surprise you with a upgrade to a Junior Suite, all upgrades are based upon availability so we are more than willing to upgrade our guests as long as we are able! To answer your question, we are a new hotel, next week will actually be our 1 year anniversary! The shell of the building is over 10 years old, but the hotel has never seen guests until December of 2011 when we opened, after we completely re-constructed the inside of the hotel.
I am very glad you felt welcomed to our property, our goal is to make our guest feel part of a warm and welcoming community. The mattress you inquired about is the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed by Sealy, if you enjoyed it as much as it seems, they are available for purchase at www.Sheraton-hotelsathome.com!
I am excited to hear you had such a great experience and I hope we are able to provide that again for you in the near future!

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here due to Hurricane Sandy on 10/29/12. My job is in the area and critical employees had rooms booked for them. Not really much in the area, but there is really no reason to leave the hotel. First of all, this hotel Is beautiful. I live in Wimington and was curious to finally get to see what this hotel had to offer(this building was built about 12-15 years ago and never opened until recently). Staff was pleasant, rooms were huge and clean. Great pool, gym, and the lobby sells just about anything you need. The on site restaurant/bar was excellent. I had the best jerk buffalo wings ever! The only downside was the ceiling in a section of the lobby did have a leak due to the terrible storm. A co worker of mine also had to be moved to another room due to winds and water splashing in a window in her room (window wasn't installed properly). Also we had to drive through the grass due to the road being shut down from flooding (this hotel is in marsh area). I would definitely stay again.....the double rooms are fantastic, they include a living room area between the adjoining rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dinaker M, Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear drob1121-
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Wilmington South, despite the circumstances. We are glad that we could be a refuge to the workers in the Wilmington area amongst Superstorm Sandy. We appreciate all the kind words you have about our property, amenities, and our associates.
A guest of our hotel said once "the true mark of a hotel is not their issues, but how they handle those issues," and you saw firsthand how Superstorm Sandy effected our hotel and your stay, but my hope is that our staff handled the situation in a manner that still made your stay as well as your co-workers stay still enjoyable!
Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you can stay with us again soon, without the drastic weather conditions!

Dinaker M

Been to Sheraton Wilmington South? Share your experiences!